Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Polymer80, Spectre Frame

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • shawnmitchell
    Member
    • Dec 2013
    • 142

    Originally posted by Kayo Kelly
    9mm slide

    Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    Do you have pics or measurements of the rear rails before or after failure?

    Comment

    • Kayo Kelly
      Member
      • Aug 2014
      • 192

      Originally posted by shawnmitchell
      Do you have pics or measurements of the rear rails before or after failure?
      I can post some after pics when I get home from work.

      Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

      Comment

      • Kayo Kelly
        Member
        • Aug 2014
        • 192



        The rear rails have become so thin they will no longer hold the slide. They fold upward. The material is too weak.
        FYI Cuda this isnt my first rodeo. And Baracuda is slow overweight car try a mustang


        Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

        Comment

        • Kayo Kelly
          Member
          • Aug 2014
          • 192

          Originally posted by shawnmitchell
          Do you have pics or measurements of the rear rails before or after failure?
          Posted ptcs of the failure

          Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

          Comment

          • Kayo Kelly
            Member
            • Aug 2014
            • 192

            Originally posted by Cuda440
            Are you done complaining yet?

            They sold an unfinished hunk of plastic. It wasn't a kit, it wasn't a snap together model. It was an unfinished part with vague instructions that the end user is supposed to fit and complete on their own.

            If youre not capable of fine workmanship, troubleshooting and fitting skills or gunsmithing work, you shouldn't be trying to build a gun. Start with legos or something.

            Myself and thousands of other people have these frames working flawlessly, and Polymer80 has already shown great customer support to anybody with a manufacturers defect by replacing the frame promptly.
            Cuda I posted pics as a response to your lameness. Check it.

            Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

            Comment

            • shawnmitchell
              Member
              • Dec 2013
              • 142

              What was P80's response?

              Comment

              • Nelson_2016
                Member
                • Nov 2016
                • 159

                It's a little bit difficult to see the rails (clearly) in the pictures; I'm wondering, did they wear on the top surface or on the bottom surface, or both?

                Originally posted by Kayo Kelly
                Posted ptcs of the failure

                Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

                Comment

                • shawnmitchell
                  Member
                  • Dec 2013
                  • 142











                  Taking pictures of rear rails is hard. Here are mine.

                  Comment

                  • shawnmitchell
                    Member
                    • Dec 2013
                    • 142

                    I think these pics also show the need for a shim in the trigger group grip housing.

                    Comment

                    • BobbyC
                      Member
                      • Jan 2017
                      • 113

                      My rails look almost exactly like that.

                      The shim is 51mm x 15mm. I cut a rectangle from a credit card (gift card actually) and dropped it in to trace the cut out.

                      Comment

                      • wpage
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Jan 2011
                        • 6072

                        Looks like you were too aggressive on the rails...
                        God so loved the world He gave His only Son... Believe in Him and have everlasting life.
                        John 3:16

                        NRA,,, Lifer

                        United Air Epic Fail Video ...

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg

                        Comment

                        • shawnmitchell
                          Member
                          • Dec 2013
                          • 142

                          Originally posted by wpage
                          Looks like you were too aggressive on the rails...
                          Yeah? I went very slowly until I passed the 1", vertical slide-return-to-battery test. I guess we'll see how it holds up.

                          I'm really looking forward to the PF940c with the steel rear rail assembly though.

                          Comment

                          • shawnmitchell
                            Member
                            • Dec 2013
                            • 142

                            Looks like I'm at about 1.6mm thickness.

                            Comment

                            • Kayo Kelly
                              Member
                              • Aug 2014
                              • 192

                              Originally posted by shawnmitchell
                              What was P80's response?
                              I havent contacted them about it. I doubt if they will care. They dont consider the trigger pocket issue a defect. Ive never had to shim any of my steel builds with a piece of credit card.

                              Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

                              Comment

                              • Kayo Kelly
                                Member
                                • Aug 2014
                                • 192

                                Originally posted by Nelson_2016
                                It's a little bit difficult to see the rails (clearly) in the pictures; I'm wondering, did they wear on the top surface or on the bottom surface, or both?
                                Ya sorry about the pic quality. I believe they failed on the under side.

                                Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1