Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Polymer80, Spectre Frame

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • relatively-anonymous
    Member
    • Nov 2016
    • 267

    Co-founder Daved Borges replied very quickly and they already have taken steps to get this resolved by early next week.

    **EDIT** Additional information: Existing customers may not have had their credit card information transferred insecurely. The loss of SSL seems to have been a very recent thing that came with a switch of hosting providers, with the new provider taking over DNS for the site before they prepared SSL. I don't know exactly when that started, but I'm betting most Polymer80 customers are just fine. If you did order from polymer80 recently, your credit card information was PROBABLY not sniffed/compromised, but I'd just keep an eye on your accounts to make sure no unauthorized charges appear on them.

    Update Feb 13: They fixed it.
    Last edited by relatively-anonymous; 02-13-2017, 4:37 PM. Reason: More info

    Comment

    • Nelson_2016
      Member
      • Nov 2016
      • 159

      I'm just wondering, does anyone have over 1000 rounds through their Spectre-based pistol yet, and if so, how's it working and holding up?

      Where I am in the Northeast part of the country the weather's been lousy, so I unfortunately haven't been able to do much shooting with mine so far.

      Comment

      • CessnaDriver
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Feb 2009
        • 10910

        Originally posted by Nelson_2016
        I'm just wondering, does anyone have over 1000 rounds through their Spectre-based pistol yet, and if so, how's it working and holding up?

        Where I am in the Northeast part of the country the weather's been lousy, so I unfortunately haven't been able to do much shooting with mine so far.
        This guy does...


        "Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

        Comment

        • philc
          Member
          • Mar 2011
          • 480

          Originally posted by Inlander Arms
          like how we offer the bolt action slide conversion
          Where can I find more info on this? Got a link?
          United Sportsmen Range Safety Officer
          (Volunteer)

          Comment

          • philc
            Member
            • Mar 2011
            • 480

            Never mind, found it.
            United Sportsmen Range Safety Officer
            (Volunteer)

            Comment

            • relatively-anonymous
              Member
              • Nov 2016
              • 267

              In my conversation with Polymer80, they sent me the first clear picture I've seen of the serial number plate. I've attached it here. It's really bigger than I expected it to be, but my hands would make a mess out of the picatinny rail if I decided to etch my own serial with a dremel tool. Do you think just any trophy shop engraver would do this?
              Attached Files

              Comment

              • shawnmitchell
                Member
                • Dec 2013
                • 142

                Originally posted by relatively-anonymous
                In my conversation with Polymer80, they sent me the first clear picture I've seen of the serial number plate. I've attached it here. It's really bigger than I expected it to be, but my hands would make a mess out of the picatinny rail if I decided to etch my own serial with a dremel tool. Do you think just any trophy shop engraver would do this?


                I think something like this would work or you could take the unfinished frame to an engraver.

                Comment

                • shawnmitchell
                  Member
                  • Dec 2013
                  • 142



                  First pass at chopping on a clearance P940V1. Just ground the ribs off the backstrap and sanded off most of the goofy ridges on the front of the grip. I used the saw on my Buck 183 to chop the grip down. Used the jig and just cut straight across. I'll be fitting it some more, rounding the back section, maybe cut some scallops out on the sides, and then stipple the whole thing up.
                  Last edited by shawnmitchell; 02-12-2017, 11:45 AM.

                  Comment

                  • relatively-anonymous
                    Member
                    • Nov 2016
                    • 267

                    Is the switch on your TLR-4 a little sticky? Mine requires more force than I'd like in an emergency.

                    Comment

                    • shawnmitchell
                      Member
                      • Dec 2013
                      • 142

                      Originally posted by relatively-anonymous
                      Is the switch on your TLR-4 a little sticky? Mine requires more force than I'd like in an emergency.
                      Not that I've noticed. I really like mine.

                      Comment

                      • Kayo Kelly
                        Member
                        • Aug 2014
                        • 192

                        Originally posted by shawnmitchell


                        First pass at chopping on a clearance P940V1. Just ground the ribs off the backstrap and sanded off most of the goofy ridges on the front of the grip. I used the saw on my Buck 183 to chop the grip down. Used the jig and just cut straight across. I'll be fitting it some more, rounding the back section, maybe cut some scallops out on the sides, and then stipple the whole thing up.
                        You can take more off but not worth the effort. Mine already died.
                        DONT BUY THID PRODUCT

                        Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

                        Comment

                        • shawnmitchell
                          Member
                          • Dec 2013
                          • 142

                          Died how? I was thinking maybe Poly80 would offer an aftermarket drop-in rear metal rail system for the full size at some point down the line.

                          Comment

                          • Kayo Kelly
                            Member
                            • Aug 2014
                            • 192

                            Originally posted by shawnmitchell
                            Died how? I was thinking maybe Poly80 would offer an aftermarket drop-in rear metal rail system for the full size at some point down the line.
                            The back rails failed. They became so thin they lifted up. Ill post some pics this afternoon.

                            Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

                            Comment

                            • relatively-anonymous
                              Member
                              • Nov 2016
                              • 267

                              Originally posted by Kayo Kelly
                              The back rails failed. They became so thin they lifted up. Ill post some pics this afternoon.
                              Thankfully the G19 compatible Polymer80 will have drop-in metal rear rails. If it ever ships.

                              Comment

                              • shawnmitchell
                                Member
                                • Dec 2013
                                • 142

                                I talked with the guys about offering a retrofit for the full-sized frame but there's no room in the housing.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1