Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Will addding another single stage press double my output?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    stilly
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jul 2009
    • 10685

    Originally posted by BajaJames83
    One thing you could look intobofn your thinking about a turret press is the BL550 it isnt a progressive and runs like a turret but has the 4 stations, eventually if you want you can upgrade it to the 550B and have the manual progressive and all the par ts are interchangeable



    There ALWAYS has to be one...

    The Lee Classic Turret 4 station (non aluminum) will hand the bl550 its *** for what you pay for either...

    What does the BL550 cost? More than 2 times as much...
    What does it cost to change calibers? About twice as much
    Stay AWAY from blue. IF I were filthy rich and loaded with money the ONLY blue press I would look at would be a 650XLABC or higher.

    For EVERYTHING ELSE, there is Green or Red...

    Green for single station workhorses; Red for cruising speed and economic viability...
    7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

    Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



    And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

    Comment

    • #32
      mikehtiger
      Member
      • Apr 2009
      • 283

      I got the Lee Classic Turret to replace/compliment my Lee single stage press. Sped up my reloading significantly. I would give one a whirl. If you get a few powder drops and additional turrets (about 40 bucks for both) you will be pumping out rounds fairly quick. The only way to go faster is to get a turret press. You could of course get a friend to help on the second press but I wouldn't trust reloads that weren't reloaded by me.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • #33
        scotchblade
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2012
        • 795

        Thanks again for the replies. A Lee CTP is now sitting in my shopping cart with a couple of extra turrets. Too many positive reviews to not give it a try and the price is right.

        Comment

        • #34
          stilly
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jul 2009
          • 10685

          Originally posted by scotchblade
          Thanks again for the replies. A Lee CTP is now sitting in my shopping cart with a couple of extra turrets. Too many positive reviews to not give it a try and the price is right.
          When I think of the Lee Classic Turret, I think back to that 1974 August issue of Playboy.

          I BELIEVE they ran an ad in it for the new Nissan 280ZX.
          Exotic car performance but without the exotic car price and only starting at $6xxx, it is wrong for you to NOT own one...

          I heard that if enough reloaders purchase Lee Classic Turrets, that UNICORNS will make a comeback and cancer will be cured...

          Just what I heard though at the cooler, so take it with a grain of salt. just saying...
          Last edited by stilly; 03-25-2014, 2:06 AM.
          7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

          Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



          And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1