Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Private Ammo Sales
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Private Ammo Sales For the Private Sale of Ammo. Read the rules before posting.

Old 02-17-2013, 8:54 AM
Banned

Location: Currently in a shanty I made in the river bottom by Eastvale.
Default FS: Large SS pins for cleaning your brass cases

These are not the SMALL (.040" diameter x .255" Long) ones, these are the young adults, they have matured, they are bigger, stronger, and will not jam up your primer pockets sideways or your casemouths sideways either. They are the new breed of pins to be using most likely. These larger pins will still br at the top of your thumler when you open it, but tapping it a few times will usually make them roll down before you open it (you can hear them roll down the sides).

They are sized about a half in long with a .062 diameter. They are also magnetic and they seem to do very good at NOT sticking to the top of the tumbler and jumping out everywhere- well, MOST of the time anyways, but there will be a few there because of the nature of what is happening.

There is nothing wrong with the small pins but I will not be using them anymore just because they are a little harder to keep track of.
Here is an example of things that the little pins will do versus what the larger pins will do.

Smaller pins will also stick to the sides more it seems.

I am selling them by the 2.5lb bag. (2lb, 8oz)

$20 per bag
No paypal accepted at all.
Money orders or personal checks (with 10 day hold on personal checks) only unless you wish a FTF in which case it needs to be CASH.

If you want them shipped then add on $6.00 and I will mail them out USPS priority mail. If you want MORE than 7.5 lbs shipped then prices will change for mailing.

Last edited by stilly; 09-28-2014 at 7:14 PM..
Old 03-13-2013, 7:56 AM

Newbe question: how many lbs. to fill up a Cabela's Model 400 (4qt) tumbler? Thanks!
Old 03-27-2013, 7:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhber100 View Post
Newbe question: how many lbs. to fill up a Cabela's Model 400 (4qt) tumbler? Thanks!
You need a different kind of tumbler for SS tumbling.
Old 04-05-2013, 9:32 AM

would it just not work if we used those in water in a normal tumbler?
Old 04-05-2013, 9:40 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelDanko View Post
would it just not work if we used those in water in a normal tumbler?
I have been wondering about this also
My new saying is, "when the last informed shooter gets fed up setting the record straight from all the trolls, only trolls will be on Calguns.."
Close to the edge here brother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
More what? More crazy?
You live in California. There's always more crazy. It's a renewable resource.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:40 AM
Banned

I do not have any vibratory tumblers but the quick answer is NO. You MUST have a rotating type of tumbler because the pins WILL lock up with each other and they will NOT allow freedom of movement.

Imagine this, you have a bale of hay, if you stick a shovel into it your shovel will not go vary far. This is because the straw kind of is interlocking with each other. What you need is a pitch form that will slide between the straws and allow you to move them based on the interlocking. Since there is no pitchfork for these pins, you use a rotating tumbler.

I hope I got the message across clear. In other words:

THESE PINS ARE FOR ROTATING TUMBLERS ONLY. THEY SHOULD NOT/WOULD NOT WORK IN ANY VIBRATING TUMBLER. THEY ARE TOO LONG AND HEAVY.

I also do not visit this thread ovten so if you do have questions, please PM me for a quicker response. Thanks for looking.
Old 04-24-2013, 9:47 PM
Banned

Yes you are correct and my friend does that and likes his. The only problem is that the barrels only hold 3lbs each I believe so you have a total weight of about 6lbs.

If you normally do small amounts then that should work. As for me, well, I prefer larger amounts.
Old 05-07-2013, 9:26 PM

Very interested in the bigger pins, do they clean as well as the smaller pain in the *** pins? Thanks!
Old 05-13-2013, 10:33 AM

I'll take 2 bags, whats the cost to 95405?
Old 09-16-2013, 9:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel7070 View Post
Very interested in the bigger pins, do they clean as well as the smaller pain in the *** pins? Thanks!
I am sorry.

I do not get to this thread as often as I should.

The larger pins behave a bit better, are a bit easier to contain, and the most important things, they DO NOT get stuck in your flashhole trying to go through there at the same time NOR do they get stuck across your primer pocket.

The result is that you do not need to inspect each and every case before you load them. (well, you should inspect all cases, but not for pins).

The smaller pins will probably clean better ON PAPER. They are smaller so they can get into tighter spaces, but the larger pins are well, larger, but they are all still fairly small and have a look at how the larger pins clean compared to the smaller pins:

Seriously, can you deal with brass this clean? I sure can. This is before popping them in the oven for 25 minutes.
Old 09-22-2014, 2:29 AM
Calguns Addict

Stilly, for comparison purposes, what is the size (dia x length) of the small pins pictured above?

Also, how many pounds of SS pins are required for a 15 lbs capacity tumbler?
"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed—where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake free people get to make only once." - Justice Alex Kozinski, 9th US Circuit Crt of Appeals
Old 09-27-2014, 3:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyguy View Post
Stilly, for comparison purposes, what is the size (dia x length) of the small pins pictured above?

Also, how many pounds of SS pins are required for a 15 lbs capacity tumbler?

1. Gotta go check measurements.- The SMALLER pins are : .040" diameter x .255" long. I will update the original post.

2. Required? No requirements really, but most folks run with 5 lbs because 5 lbs will give you a good amount of pins and still allow you to throw in water and brass. But the fewer pins you run the longer it will take to clean. So look at it as that balance.

You can run it with 50 pins, but you will need to run it for about 1-3 days. I have not done the legwork to check it because well, why bother? But with about 5 lbs of pins you can run for 30 minutes to four+ hours depending on how clean you want your brass. I typically run (with pins) for about 30 minutes-1 hour and that gets about 93% of the stuff out. Other folks run for about 4 hours and they have brand new looking brass with no residue left in the primer pockets. Maybe I will run for 3 hours and compare one night...

Last edited by stilly; 09-28-2014 at 7:10 PM..
Old 01-27-2015, 5:58 AM

Ill take 2 bags
NRA/IDPA (Prado)
SA XDm 5.25 .40 SA XDm 5.25 9mm
SA XDm 3.8c .40 SA 1911 Range Officer .45
SA XD Tactical .40 SA XD SC .40
M&P SHIELD .40 M&P .45 M&P 40c G23/G35 .40
Old 03-02-2015, 3:00 PM

Generally, I run 12-15 lbs of pins to about 10 lbs of brass. This works great. 2 hours and it is 98% clean and 90% shiny, 3-4 hours and 100% clean and shiny. 4-5 TBS Dawn dish soap and 3-4tsp LemiShine. Fill remainder with HOT water, leaving 2" or so of free space.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:11 AM
Banned

Yep. I have seen many HF cement mixers get bought when they go on sale for around $100 or so and people use them too.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:25 AM

I use one of those small cement mixers and they work great. The neighbors think I'm always pouring concrete. 😆
Old 06-17-2015, 8:29 PM

Thanks again, was great meeting you tonight!
Old 07-23-2015, 1:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
Thanks again, was great meeting you tonight!
It was a pleasure meeting you FTF as well. It is always nice to see another member and put a face to the name.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:29 PM
Banned

BUMP becaues that is how I roll ...
Old 03-06-2016, 1:44 AM
Banned

Yeah BUMP!
Old 04-18-2016, 12:23 PM

Free bump for a good guy.
Old 04-20-2016, 7:07 AM

In a Thumler's Tumble Mod B I run 5 lbs stainless pins and 100 rds 308/30.06.

The rule of thumb on tumblers is media and cases should bring level to 1/2 to 2/3rds full before adding water.

I use 1 oz Ivory Dish detergent, a 9MM case full of Lemishine and fill to top of drum with hot water from kitchen sink.

When you open tumbler the water will be black, remove cases immediately or carbon will reattach to cases. Also feel the water between fingers. If it is not slick your soap wore out. Four hours should do fine with above soap/water combo. Don't dump water on cement drive way, it will stain it black. OK to put on grass.

I dump drum into 12 qt red dishpan till last case drops out. I don't dump out the media, just till last case falls out. I go on theory if the media doesn't leave the drum it will be harder to lose.

I reach in and get two or three cases and slosh around and lift them out of the water mouth down and drop them into another 12 qt dishpan with a 9MM case of Lemishine in that. I slosh them around good and remove same way. If you do a good job removing them from first pan you should not have over maybe ten pins in second.

After all cases are removed from 1st pan I pour off the black water through a fine mesh strainer I got at Target Store. About 7 bucks.

If you are getting two .040" pins in flash hole discard those cases. The normal flash hole should be about .060/.065 in medium cases. To large of a flash hole will change your burning rates of the powder.

Larger flash holes are OK shooting cast bullets as you need more flash to ignite powder in small amounts.

On the Thumlers, put about 4 drops of Mobil 1 0W20 synthetic motor oil on each end of motor in the little openings on top of each end. You will never burn it up.

You want the clear plastic belts for the. The black rubber ones don't hold up long so when you guy extra from Thumlers you want clear plastic belts.

When not in use raise the axle out of the recess and take the tension off the belt. Belt should last for years properly cared for like this.

My pins are dumped back in tumbler and lid left off. They will not rust if they are the right pins.

When cases come out of rinse I put them on black towel and lay them out in the sun to dry all day. In winter I put in box with 40W bulb and let them dry over night.

Last edited by Hummer; 04-20-2016 at 7:10 AM..