Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

spp vs. lpp in .45acp

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Mayor McRifle
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2013
    • 7771

    Originally posted by Lead Waster
    I agree. Also, they allow you to dip into your spp stores if you run out of lpp. And you don't have to change your priming system (if that's a big deal).

    But like .40 S&W, .45 spp cases are unwanted by the masses, so you can get a decent deal on them.
    If the amount of .40 caliber brass I sweep up at the range is any indication, .40 S&W is still very much wanted by the masses.
    Anchors Aweigh

    sigpic

    Comment

    • #32
      Cowboy T
      Calguns Addict
      • Mar 2010
      • 5725

      Originally posted by Mayor McRifle
      If the amount of .40 caliber brass I sweep up at the range is any indication, .40 S&W is still very much wanted by the masses.
      Your range is the same as mine that way. We see tons of factory .40 come through. The difference that I see is that .40 S&W cases don't get picked up by reloaders nearly as much as, say, .45 ACP or any of the rimmed revolver cartridges (especially .45 Colt).

      Just shot some more steel-case Tulammo .45 ACP reloads (cast boolits). The cases are still goin' strong. Lost one, though, when it bounced off the side of the booth and bounced forward of the line. Picked up a nearby brass one to replace it, so all's good.
      "San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
      F***ing with people's heads, one gun show at a time. Hallelujah!
      http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com (reloading info w/ videos)
      http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
      http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
      ----------------------------------------------------
      To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.

      Comment

      • #33
        tacos3
        • Nov 2013
        • 499

        I've been running SPPs in 45ACP for practice rounds for a while now. Basically I'm lazy and don't want to have to switch over to LPP for 45 and SPP for 9. I have a 5gal bucket of LPP 45 that just sits there and I'll reload it if I ever run out of SPP.
        "never bother your enemy while he is making a mistake" ......Napoleon

        Comment

        • #34
          croue
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2013
          • 1255

          Originally posted by Mayor McRifle
          If the amount of .40 caliber brass I sweep up at the range is any indication, .40 S&W is still very much wanted by the masses.
          I'd say that 75% of the 40 S&W I sweep up at my local range is stuff my buddy shot and didn't want. And most of the rest is 'glocked' making me run it all through my 'deglocker' die first. I dislike glock brass for the same reason I dislike spp 45 brass. No easy way to sort it out before starting. But if you don't do something about it, it will cause problems down the line.

          Comment

          • #35
            stilly
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jul 2009
            • 10685

            I think I need to resize some 40 with the undersized die and see how it works out...
            7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

            Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



            And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1