Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

G26 jamming issue

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    POLICESTATE
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Apr 2009
    • 18185

    Does it say "GLOCK" on the side? If so...

    If you have dummy rounds try cycling some through and see if you can get the FTE to present with them as well. I wonder if the slide is not traveling all the way to the rear.
    -POLICESTATE,
    In the name of the State, and of the School, and of the Infallible Science


    sigpic


    Government Official Lies
    . F r e e d o m . D i e s .

    Comment

    • #17
      meno377
      ?????
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Jul 2013
      • 4911

      Originally posted by POLICESTATE
      Does it say "GLOCK" on the side? If so...

      If you have dummy rounds try cycling some through and see if you can get the FTE to present with them as well. I wonder if the slide is not traveling all the way to the rear.
      That would refer to the recoil spring depending on how old or new it is.
      Originally posted by Fjold
      I've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.
      Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program.
      -Milton Friedman


      sigpic

      Comment

      • #18
        JDay
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Nov 2008
        • 19393

        Try different followers.

        Sent from my LG G3
        Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. -- James Madison

        The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)

        Comment

        • #19
          Cg475
          Junior Member
          • May 2009
          • 14

          I just got a new Glock 26 Gen 4. I picked it up from my ffl and went straight to the range. Fail to extract on every round. Tried three different factory ammo.

          I just called GLock and they told me to break it in using 250 rds of 124 or 147 gr ammo. I was under the impression that Glocks don't need to be broken in or even cleaned.

          This will be fun shooting a single shot pistol.
          Last edited by Cg475; 11-07-2014, 4:42 PM.

          Comment

          • #20
            usclee
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2012
            • 715

            It's the ammo

            Comment

            • #21
              CK_32
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Sep 2010
              • 14369

              Originally posted by JDay
              Try different followers.

              Sent from my LG G3
              This^


              And lock the slide to the rear for a night or 2. If neither of those fix the issue check the extractor.
              For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

              What's Your Caliber??


              My Youtube channel

              Comment

              • #22
                vintagearms
                Calguns Addict
                • Jan 2009
                • 6841

                Run some 124 or 147 grain ammo thru it and see if the issues go away. If they don't, call Glock back and tell them what followers you have on your mags. Any Glock armorer's that you know of in your area?

                Comment

                • #23
                  TripleThreat
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Mar 2012
                  • 2642

                  It's not the Glock's fault, remember it was put together by a human, and humans are not perfect...

                  Triple
                  Last edited by TripleThreat; 11-07-2014, 10:30 PM.
                  1911 "The MILF of handguns"

                  LINK: 9mm Shootout: BHP vs 92A1 vs SP-01 vs P-01

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    DannyInSoCal
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Aug 2010
                    • 8271

                    My G4 G26 ran perfect from day one -

                    But instead of being an asshat -

                    Id say its the recoil spring.

                    Congrats - You got the one out of 100,000 that needs to be tweaked...
                    .
                    $500 Donation to any Veterans Charity - Plus $500 Gift Card to any gun store: Visit 2nd Amendment Mortgage / www.2AMortgage.com

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      bandogg
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2008
                      • 525

                      Gen 4 seems to have some issues. Seen a few vids on you tube the gen4 is not as good as the old glocks .

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        area51
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2012
                        • 715

                        Sell it and get a gen 3. Problem solved
                        Looking 4" Python 686/ Redhawks, Les Baer.... East Bay NorCal

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Lone_Gunman
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 8396

                          Originally posted by bandogg
                          Gen 4 seems to have some issues. Seen a few vids on you tube the gen4 is not as good as the old glocks .
                          Originally posted by area51
                          Sell it and get a gen 3. Problem solved
                          This is why I'll never get rid of my Gen 3 G26. I've had it since 2011, and fired a ton of rounds through it, and had exactly 1 failure. It was a failure to eject, and it was the first round I fired, after shooting about 40 rounds through my LCP. I think I had limp wristed it.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            RR.44
                            CGSSA Leader
                            • Mar 2012
                            • 1933

                            It's a Glock, what could possibly have gone wrong?
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Cg475
                              Junior Member
                              • May 2009
                              • 14

                              Update:

                              I fired about 50 147 grain winchester rounds. All of these cycled perfectly. In between I tried 115 and 140 grain factory rounds that all failed to cycle before. A few times the gun was able to cycle but mostly got a lot of fail to ejects and feeds. It is looking better though.

                              Thanks for everyone's comments!

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Cg475
                                Junior Member
                                • May 2009
                                • 14

                                Final update:

                                I had left the g26 with the slide back since November. That did the trick. I took it out to shoot today. I was just too lazy to shoot it. It cycled over 50 rounds of 115 gr pmc just fine. The spring just needed to be broken in.
                                Last edited by Cg475; 03-27-2015, 5:48 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1