Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ammo shipment lost - update in first post

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    1CavScout
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2013
    • 3234

    I just had an ACOG delivered today via FedEx. The driver pulled up to my gate (which is about 100 yards from my front door), and just threw a tag up saying nobody was home. I called the main number for FedEx and told them I was getting dressed and the driver just hauled ***. Initially they wanted me to drive 45 minutes to the to pickup the package at their distribution center, but eventually agreed to call the driver. He was just down the street and drove back.

    I have had much better luck with UPS, and their distribution center is much closer to my house for pickup. Also, the package was beat to hell. Luckily Trijicon packs the ACOG in a sturdy case.

    Good luck OP...
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #32
      Gunsmith Dan
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2012
      • 1445

      FYI when receiving a shipment with insurance, even if you are the one that paid for the insurance, unfortunately the only one that can submit a claim is the shipper not the recipient.

      While going the Credit Card route can work if you want the claim to go through with no issues make sure you send a Certified letter to the shipper telling them you have x days to either ship my items or refund in full all money paid. That way if the shipper wants to dispute the charge back you just send a copy of the letter and certified mail receipt to the Credit Card Company.

      I have had MANY shipments that were to come to me with signature required and ones that I paid extra to have a signature that never got one via UPS and FedEx. The only guys that ALWAYS gets a signature the USPS, but you can't ship ammo with them.

      Comment

      • #33
        drdarrin@sbcglobal.net
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2011
        • 2219

        Originally posted by billped
        I thought about it. However, it was a good price for good ammo.

        Really? You paid how much for no ammo?
        NRA Life Member
        GOA Life Member
        USMC '71 - '78

        "I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."
        Edward Everett Hale

        Comment

        • #34
          bonusweb
          Banned
          • Aug 2007
          • 1189

          Originally posted by Felix168
          Now-a-day you just can't trust any delivery personnel, be it USPS, FedEx, or UPS. I just had a rifle case ordered from Amazon delivered by the UPS and it looked like someone at the UPS had checked out what's inside my box. The mailing tape were cut (clean cut) and they only taped by one side of the box. I have had a vacation-filled-in part time USPS delivery guy who mistakenly kept my box from which he marked "delivered" in the USPS system.
          It least they didn't throw it in a canyon like this guy.

          Comment

          • #35
            Baeleron
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2013
            • 615

            I always login to UPS and change the delivery method to hold for pickup. Then I go pick it up at their sort facility myself. It's a little less convenient, but it avoids all these potential delivery problems. This way it is obvious if I didn't receive the package, and there's no way they can ever shift the blame to me.

            Comment

            • #36
              big ron
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2010
              • 848

              Originally posted by Baeleron
              I always login to UPS and change the delivery method to hold for pickup. Then I go pick it up at their sort facility myself. It's a little less convenient, but it avoids all these potential delivery problems. This way it is obvious if I didn't receive the package, and there's no way they can ever shift the blame to me.
              I don't think you can do this with ammo.

              Comment

              • #37
                Trriemferent
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2012
                • 1252

                Call up Fed Ex and let them know that unless this is resolved promptly, everyone will learn that Fed Ex is randomly distributing dangerous ammunition to general public with out any care at all. This should get their attention real quick....... ill let you guess how I know this.

                Comment

                • #38
                  klewan
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 2011
                  • 3031

                  One of the local UPS drivers stole about $30K in packages. UPS tracks all the routes and he had 20 or 30 times the number of 'lost' packages to the rest of the zone. Anything with Apple, Dell, HP, Samsung, etc. somehow got lost. Only took a year to nail him....

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Sabesimpson
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2012
                    • 1633

                    I had this same issue with FedEx la couple of months back, it was.22lr from PSA. Ups said they delivered at 3pm and they never come to my neighborhood that early,more like 6pm. I called ups right away and they said give it 24 hrs to turn up. They will not start a claim within 24 hrs.. Unless you get a supervisor. Than I called PSA at 5am our time waited on hold for 30 minutes and had PSA file a claim. My ammo showed up 3 weeks later. I think the shipping companies/ drivers are snaking it. We were home at said first delivery and never heard ups show up. GOOD LUCK TO YOU! the anxiety is horrible!

                    Thursday 7/3 I was supposed to get a shipment of .40 from ventura munitions, had it delivered to my job ( a 24/7) business and watched fedex drive by twice and then I checked status after the 2nd drive by and my delivery said undeliverable business closed. I called fedex right away and complained they said it is back at Pacoima and will be delivered Monday the 7th. So frustrating, can't trust he ups,fedex etc
                    Last edited by Sabesimpson; 07-15-2014, 7:51 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Sent from a hand held device!
                    Apologies for any typos.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Jes
                      Member
                      • Aug 2013
                      • 288

                      I had TWO packages wind up missing last month, one shipped by UPS and one by FedEx.
                      The FedEx one was resolved but I'm still waiting for UPS to make good on it. UPS has been by twice for me to sign paperwork and someone from UPS also called. Pretty annoying when product you order is not delivered.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        light351
                        Member
                        • Jul 2014
                        • 142

                        Ammo shipment lost

                        I had a shipment get lost back in 2011' they lost it(usps) it was my loss the content was worth $400 and well they just apologized and they kindly said next time purchase insurance. I was upset and there was nothing I could really do.. 2 1/2 months later it was in my door step one early morning.. Lol the box was BEAT!!

                        Usps sucks when an issue arises, they dont give a rats ***

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          spyde12
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2014
                          • 1647

                          Originally posted by Baeleron
                          I always login to UPS and change the delivery method to hold for pickup. Then I go pick it up at their sort facility myself. It's a little less convenient, but it avoids all these potential delivery problems. This way it is obvious if I didn't receive the package, and there's no way they can ever shift the blame to me.
                          +1
                          From personal experience, I've had a package gone missing (Macbook Pro) and UPS took about a week to trace and complete the claim.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            MisplacedTexan
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2012
                            • 706

                            No reason for the drivers to steal the ammo - or at least shouldn't be. Was at LGS some number of months back and the UPS driver came by while I was there, delivered a bunch of packages and promply bought the 22lr that he had just delivered.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              Baeleron
                              Senior Member
                              • Oct 2013
                              • 615

                              Originally posted by big ron
                              I don't think you can do this with ammo.
                              Really? I haven't done it with ammo, but I don't see why it'd be any different. I've done this with all my uppers and parts kits...

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                L84CABO
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 8776

                                Originally posted by billped
                                I had three family members home that day and a dog - nothing was delivered.
                                I think I see your problem. Check with the dog. He probably intercepted the shipment and hocked it to support his bacon habit.
                                "Kestryll I wanna lick your doughnut."

                                Fighter Pilot

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1