Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

How do I stop buying guns?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    G_FNH57
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2013
    • 535

    Sounds like me. Still need to finish my 2nd AR build, get a couple lever action Golden Boys, an AK sport rifle, and another 10/22. Then I am done.

    Comment

    • #77
      Frito Bandido
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2012
      • 718

      You should at least have 1 handgun, 1 rifle, and 1 shotgun. You need either a 12ga or 20ga.

      If you get the temptation to get another gun, consider dropping all that money into ammo instead. The more calibers you pick up, the more types of ammo you have to keep stocked. It can get expensive, especially if you have a family and want to do family activities that don't always revolve around shooting.
      ~ El Frito

      Are you a Fascist and don't even realize it? Find out! https://www.idrlabs.com/8-values-political/test.php

      Comment

      • #78
        highpower790
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2013
        • 3481

        Originally posted by SB1964
        When your food choices are limited to cereal & black coffee, maybe it's time to slow down...
        My afternoon snack for today...hahaha!
        Keep it simple!

        Comment

        • #79
          rromeo
          Calguns Addict
          • Sep 2009
          • 6981

          Originally posted by geoint
          at 6 guns over 2-3 years OPs not exactly in the same league as some of our luckier, more 'diseased' comrades
          I've picked up more than six this year.
          Never initiate force against another. That should be the underlying principle of your life. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

          - from THE SECOND BOOK OF KYFHO
          (Revised Eastern Sect Edition)

          Comment

          • #80
            cire raeb
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2013
            • 1049

            I will be done once SSE takes effect. So far this year I bought 2 guns, an M11-A1 SIG and an HK45c.

            If Roger Dickenson is reading this post, these two purchase are my way of a sticking middle finger at AB1964.


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

            Comment

            • #81
              Schlyme
              Member
              • Mar 2012
              • 426

              I got my bikes first, house then discovered the beautiful world of OLL's!
              Now I have
              4 bike
              1 muscle car( still in the works )
              1 house
              2 complete AR's, 2 yet to be completed
              1 LR 308 yet to be completed
              2 C/R rifles
              2 shotguns
              4 pistols
              and I have a GF now too
              did I mention the jet skies, quad and dirt bike?
              I tend to quench my thirst by buying parts slowly instead of whole guns. My CC's also said I need to slow down lol

              Comment

              • #82
                liberallyloaded
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2012
                • 1027

                Originally posted by blockfort
                I just wanted a pistol. That was two years ago. Now I have a 22, 9mm, .45, 22 rifle, 223 AR, and a 308. But my 308 isn't shooting well, so now I want another 308. Unfortunately, my local shop has a beautiful used Browning A-Bolt Target for $1250 and I think I must have it.

                Being that I already have a few rifles, and that $1250 is a good chunk of change, I should not buy it. But on the other hand, it's a beauty...

                Help (maybe).

                I feel your pain... But, seems to me you're missing an AK and a wheel gun... IMO
                sigpic

                "I find it extremely improbable that the Framers understood the Second Amendment to protect little more than carrying a gun from the bedroom to the kitchen."

                Comment

                • #83
                  liberallyloaded
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2012
                  • 1027

                  But to answer your topic question, you can't/won't/don't want to, so don't worry about it!
                  sigpic

                  "I find it extremely improbable that the Framers understood the Second Amendment to protect little more than carrying a gun from the bedroom to the kitchen."

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    GW
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • May 2004
                    • 16078

                    How do I stop buying guns?
                    Let your wife see the bank statement and/or credit card bills
                    sigpicNRA Benefactor Member

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      cannon
                      In Memoriam
                      • Aug 2008
                      • 8589

                      Did you get the A Bolt yet?

                      Well stop screwing around and get it before I do.
                      ^^ Said by some lunatic on the internet

                      Comment

                      • #86
                        I Swan
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Sep 2010
                        • 8770

                        I've bought 5-7 in a day or 8 in a week. Did 14 in a month an a half time. Have gone periods of 1-2 years where I always had a gun in some sort of holding pattern or dros. This weekend bought 0 though I came across 4 guns that were good deals or hard to find but I already owned examples or didn't feel like going back to Antelope Valley to pick them up.

                        Comment

                        • #87
                          richca
                          Member
                          • Jun 2014
                          • 105

                          Well if you are in the U.S. it was written long ago that you have to pursue your happiness.

                          Comment

                          • #88
                            SMarquez
                            Senior Member
                            • Jun 2011
                            • 2216

                            Marry the wrong woman.

                            Comment

                            • #89
                              bsg
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Jan 2009
                              • 25954

                              Originally posted by GW
                              Let your soon-to-be ex-wife see the bank statement and/or credit card bills
                              fixed it for ya.

                              Comment

                              • #90
                                AgentMoby
                                Junior Member
                                • Oct 2013
                                • 33

                                OP: I can see into my future haha. Just bought my first handgun (9mm) and have been looking at Ruger 10/22 for plinking but I can see the writing on the wall...


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1