Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Kicked out of a range?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    JDay
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Nov 2008
    • 19393

    Originally posted by ShooterDK
    I would never attend a range that treated members that way... Sorry OP you have a poor choice for a range. I pay my membership fees and a reduced range fee at Sac Valley and have never been that way in such a manor as you are have been treated. Try to find someplace else if you can. Best of luck.
    Yep. Sometimes I show up there around 11am and don't leave until the last cease fire has been called. Never had an issue.
    Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. -- James Madison

    The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)

    Comment

    • #62
      Whiterabbit
      Calguns Addict
      • Oct 2010
      • 7595

      OP, no need to be a baby, or listen to ninnies here telling you to 'fire' your club. Stuff happens, not everyone (you and me included) always know how to respond or are prepared to respond to every little stressful thing.

      Shake it off and dismiss it. Go back to your club and enjoy shooting. it was a fluke.

      If it happens a few times, time to leave the club. But one time? Not worth getting your panties in a twist. Not this time anyways.

      Comment

      • #63
        dyson
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2013
        • 4342

        That would piss me off if it's not in the membership contract. 1.5 hrs aint enough time for a range day for one person, plus you were sharing lanes with 3 people, wow.....maybe I'm just used to ranges that let you stay all day long if you want.
        Last edited by dyson; 04-07-2014, 9:42 AM.

        Comment

        • #64
          Merc1138
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Feb 2009
          • 19742

          Originally posted by Steve_In_29
          I saw your other post about it being a company range for employees and not paying customers, so in that case company rules are the law. No mater how ridiculous they might be.


          It's apples-to-oranges to compare "match" rules to everyday range rules.

          My Borg comment still applies in general though, as it is unbelievable that a 2A group (that's all about personal freedom and responsibility) would need advice on how not to draw attention to oneself at a range and that it is considered good etiquette for everyone to act like sheep and to ostracize those who don't.

          We are rugged individualists but hey ...don't dress/act/talk different then the masses while being one.
          If you don't want extra attention from the range staff, don't do things that will get their attention. There are plenty of other places to be if you really want to express how much of a special snowflake you are.

          I haven't seen many people get told to leave the range(although there's one where probably half the patrons should be told to go, but then again those people would just clutter everything else up), and it typically comes from a disregard for the range rules after being reminded, while arguing with the range staff is a quick way to get told to leave instead of getting warned.

          Comment

          • #65
            Jason_2111
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2010
            • 3831

            Originally posted by toby
            Get your money back in full + and FK that place!
            ^^^ This.

            Comment

            • #66
              Jimi Jah
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2014
              • 19228

              Ranges are usually crowded here. Way of life in california, more shooters than lanes. Weekends are nuts.

              My brother in law moved here from MA, where he has a CCW, but not here. I took him to Iron Sites on a weekday, only a few inside. He said it was the most crowded range he's ever shot at. Apparently there are more lanes than shooters in MA.

              Comment

              • #67
                A-J
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2011
                • 2586

                I usually goto my local range either when they first open on the weekend or on week day around 7 PM and call ahead to reserve 2 lanes. I've never had them ask me to leave, but I'm usually gone in about an hour or so. Although there have been a time or two that I've stayed for up to 2 hours. Sucks that they'd kick you out.
                It was not a threat. It was an exaggerated response to an uncompromising stance. I was taught never to make a threat unless you are prepared to carry it out and I am not a fan of carrying anything. Even watching other people carrying things makes me uncomfortable. Mainly because of the possibility they may ask me to help.

                Comment

                • #68
                  Merc1138
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 19742

                  Originally posted by Jimi Jah
                  Ranges are usually crowded here. Way of life in california, more shooters than lanes. Weekends are nuts.

                  My brother in law moved here from MA, where he has a CCW, but not here. I took him to Iron Sites on a weekday, only a few inside. He said it was the most crowded range he's ever shot at. Apparently there are more lanes than shooters in MA.
                  Jeez, I wonder what he'd think about some of the ranges that have hour long waits for lanes some days.

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    JackRydden224
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Aug 2011
                    • 7229

                    If you have a membership and pay your yearly dues then you should have a contract of some sort, I know I have one with OnTarget. Read the contract and see if there is a clause related to what happened to you today and then you'll know either they are fully in the right to boot you or it's something you bring it up to the owner because one of the employees screwed up. Handle it objectively.

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      hunterb
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Jun 2011
                      • 3796

                      Outdoor ranges ONLY for me.

                      I get to Angeles at around 930-10AM.

                      I leave when they close. On Wednesdays in summer that's 9PM sometimes.

                      Minimum time at the range: 6-8 hours MINIMUM.

                      Being asked to leave? Nope. I would just say, NO, finish my day there, and never go back. They can call the cops on a paying customer if they want to. It will bring them much business once word gets around.
                      Originally posted by johnthomas
                      ...The hardest part getting rid of crap is getting started.

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        SacTown
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2011
                        • 1784

                        This is another reason why I'd rather go shoot on BLM land.
                        sigpic SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          Steve_In_29
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2009
                          • 5682

                          Originally posted by Merc1138
                          If you don't want extra attention from the range staff, don't do things that will get their attention. There are plenty of other places to be if you really want to express how much of a special snowflake you are.

                          I haven't seen many people get told to leave the range(although there's one where probably half the patrons should be told to go, but then again those people would just clutter everything else up), and it typically comes from a disregard for the range rules after being reminded, while arguing with the range staff is a quick way to get told to leave instead of getting warned.
                          Only "special snowflake" in this conversation would appear to be you.

                          Neither my comments (nor the OPs actions) had ANYTHING to do with violating range rules nor advocated doing so.

                          But the uber conformist attitude expressed by a few here, of shooters having to dress/look/act the same to avoid drawing attention(?) from range natsies who think they "don't need no stinking badges" is idiotic. Especially if those requirements aren't listed on the application forms of PAYING members.

                          As long as a customer isn't violating safety rules then who cares what they look like, how many people are in their party, how many weapons they bring or if they want to have conversations on the firing line.

                          I guess the fact that shooting can be a fun filled event instead of a one-size-fits-all, keep-your-nose-to-the-grindstone ordeal just goes over some peoples heads.

                          With attitudes/restrictions like those being advocated as normal(?) range behavior, I understand even more about why our range has members from the urban cesspool down the hill who will drive the couple hours to get out here (and even get a hotel room) rather then put up with the expense and treatment of their local ranges.

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            Merc1138
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 19742

                            Originally posted by Steve_In_29
                            Only "special snowflake" in this conversation would appear to be you.

                            Neither my comments (nor the OPs actions) had ANYTHING to do with violating range rules nor advocated doing so.

                            But the uber conformist attitude expressed by a few here, of shooters having to dress/look/act the same to avoid drawing attention(?) from range natsies who think they "don't need no stinking badges" is idiotic. Especially if those requirements aren't listed on the application forms of PAYING members.

                            As long as a customer isn't violating safety rules then who cares what they look like, how many people are in their party, how many weapons they bring or if they want to have conversations on the firing line.

                            I guess the fact that shooting can be a fun filled event instead of a one-size-fits-all, keep-your-nose-to-the-grindstone ordeal just goes over some peoples heads.

                            With attitudes/restrictions like those being advocated as normal(?) range behavior, I understand even more about why our range has members from the urban cesspool down the hill who will drive the couple hours to get out here (and even get a hotel room) rather then put up with the expense and treatment of their local ranges.
                            Did I say the OP was violating safety rules? I simply stated that if you don't want unnecessary attention, don't draw it. The second portion of my post was a separate paragraph(really more of a run-on sentence) discussing a slightly different subject(people breaking range rules). Neither part had anything to do with the OP's situation, as the post was in response to your silly borg comment. Want to show up dressed like a clown, then don't complain if you get treated like one.

                            Simple fact is that if you don't want extra attention, you should avoid asking for it. Tired of the range staff watching your muzzle for no apparent reason? Don't like them taking extra time to check that your guns are unloaded during a ceasefire while they're walking the line? Don't like that the RSO seems to be hovering around your table instead of walking the line during a shooting period? Then quit doing whatever it is that keeps drawing their attention, simple as that. Based on your raging at the thought of acting like everyone else is at the range, I wouldn't want to be shooting with you around either.

                            Comment

                            • #74
                              ConcealedKalifornia
                              Senior Member
                              • Feb 2014
                              • 512

                              1 hour! I dont think I have ever went shooting for just an hour....

                              Yeah thats why I don't shoot at ranges. BLM land for me. Its the only place I can practice my tactical one handed belt buckle reloads and pinky trigger pulls in peace....

                              Well at least since Officer Marky Mark got transferred or whatever
                              Concealed Carry Gun Reviews

                              Custom Kydex Holsters

                              Comment

                              • #75
                                Steve_In_29
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2009
                                • 5682

                                Originally posted by Merc1138
                                Did I say the OP was violating safety rules? I simply stated that if you don't want unnecessary attention, don't draw it. The second portion of my post was a separate paragraph(really more of a run-on sentence) discussing a slightly different subject(people breaking range rules). Neither part had anything to do with the OP's situation, as the post was in response to your silly borg comment. Want to show up dressed like a clown, then don't complain if you get treated like one.

                                Simple fact is that if you don't want extra attention, you should avoid asking for it. Tired of the range staff watching your muzzle for no apparent reason? Don't like them taking extra time to check that your guns are unloaded during a ceasefire while they're walking the line? Don't like that the RSO seems to be hovering around your table instead of walking the line during a shooting period? Then quit doing whatever it is that keeps drawing their attention, simple as that. Based on your raging at the thought of acting like everyone else is at the range, I wouldn't want to be shooting with you around either.
                                So since NEITHER the OP nor myself EVER mentioned violations of range rules or safety issues AT ALL, why do you feel the need to be a "special snowflake" about harping on them, instead of answering what was actually posted?

                                My comments were SQUARELY aimed at the posts on here that are espousing the current uber-liberal ideal of total conformity of action, along with intolerance of anyone not fitting the correct (in this case gun owner) stereotype and that the way a person is dressed or happens to look seems to be of MUCH more importance then whether or not they are showing safe weapons handling.

                                Your argument (of things that weren't even posted in the first place) is so weak that you now feel the need to personally attack me to be able to strut around as if you had won (how very Feinstein of you).

                                And once again just so it's TOTALLY clear, NONE of my posts have EVER been about violating SAFETY rules.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1