Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

need help with Boy Scout shooting program in Sacramento

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    jrjones707
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2013
    • 19

    Not sure what the qualifications are for participating/helping out..??? i would love to attend if at all possible. No greater joy than passing down something we all love to the next generation. pm me the info thanks in advance

    Comment

    • #17
      obiwan
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2012
      • 657

      I know Manteca Sportsman club runs a scout program and they have received donations from Bass Pro, worth checking with vendors.

      Comment

      • #18
        Sky_DiveR
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 3017

        Remember... It's for the children.

        Comment

        • #19
          kcjr1125
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2012
          • 3883

          I'm too far away to donate but I asked some very good guys in the 22 ammo finds to get in here who may be closer than I am to donate.
          Originally posted by OHOD
          I guess I could rub my muff against his exwifes muff. Is that what they call muff diving?
          Originally posted by ivanimal
          I love you! (some Homo)
          I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
          we never had the problems in CA till the whiteys took over. We used to hunt, fish, roam, then they showed up and wanted to be civilized.............Ruined it for everyone!

          Comment

          • #20
            Santee_Native
            Junior Member
            • Feb 2009
            • 99

            I got 300 ar tacticals I can donate but I'm in San Diego.




            Don't mind giving some good ammo so some kids can get there badge.

            Comment

            • #21
              762cavalier
              NRA Training Counselor
              CGN Contributor
              • Oct 2005
              • 3626

              I am thinking of heading up to the Roseville area Mon. after work maybe I can get those in the Roseville area to meet me at 212 Harding Blvd? PM me if you can
              In any type of fight, & especially gun fights, there are no winners ..... just varying degrees of losers. The only fight you win is the one you never get into.

              sigpic
              NRA Certified Instructor
              Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety,Muzzleloading, Personal Protection Series, Chief Range Safety Officer, Refuse to be a victim Regional counselor

              Comment

              • #22
                XVIga_Rob
                Senior Member
                • May 2012
                • 2354

                It's not much, but I can donate 100 rounds of Winchester Wildcat's.

                What time of day will you be in Roseville, on Monday? I'm in Antelope and will probably be passing through Roseville in the AM, then again, later in the day.

                Comment

                • #23
                  jimsu
                  CGSSA Associate
                  • Mar 2012
                  • 90

                  Pm sent

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    flyer898
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 2018

                    I am a former Scout and a certified marksmanship instructor. I do not have any ammunition to donate, but if you could use another instructor send me a PM.
                    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. So said somebody but not Mark Twain
                    "One argues to a judge, one does not argue with a judge." Me
                    "Never argue unless you are getting paid." CDAA
                    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Yuba
                      Member
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 458

                      I have a 1,000 - 1,500 new Remington rounds you can have but I can't get it to sacto. If someone wants to come to my area you can have it. I just did my $$ donation to my kids scout troop but I am happy to pass on ammo for a good cause.

                      Brag: Got 2nd Place in the Derby...

                      PM me, I am on the Peninsula, Redwood City area.
                      sigpicThey who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        762cavalier
                        NRA Training Counselor
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 3626

                        I want to send out a heart felt thank you to those that have donated so far. I could still use more but will work with what I get. To those that want to help the first thing you need to do is get involved with your local district. to work with scouts you must be registered with BSA and have your background check and youth protection training. to help with shooting events, we need NRA Certified Rifle or NRA certified Range Safety Officers. PM me and I can help with that if you are interested. there is cost associated with becoming an instructor or RSO but BSA requires it for all firearms handling.
                        In any type of fight, & especially gun fights, there are no winners ..... just varying degrees of losers. The only fight you win is the one you never get into.

                        sigpic
                        NRA Certified Instructor
                        Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety,Muzzleloading, Personal Protection Series, Chief Range Safety Officer, Refuse to be a victim Regional counselor

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          cr250chevy
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2008
                          • 864

                          Yuba- or anyone else
                          I live in Solano County, and commute to Oakland on the weekends on I-80.
                          If you are able to drop it off at my house, or meet in Oakland, or the I-80 corridor- I can deliver to Sacramento. Eagle Scout's Honor- Troop 195
                          PM me to make arrangements
                          Last edited by cr250chevy; 03-12-2014, 2:18 PM.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            762cavalier
                            NRA Training Counselor
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 3626

                            Thank you for the offer cr250chevy. Maybe you can PM the Yuba and thefeeder and coordinate with them?
                            In any type of fight, & especially gun fights, there are no winners ..... just varying degrees of losers. The only fight you win is the one you never get into.

                            sigpic
                            NRA Certified Instructor
                            Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety,Muzzleloading, Personal Protection Series, Chief Range Safety Officer, Refuse to be a victim Regional counselor

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Rock6.3
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2010
                              • 2431

                              For anyone who has their doubts about the BSA connections alleged by the OP, I can vouch for his authenticity.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                cr250chevy
                                Senior Member
                                • Jan 2008
                                • 864

                                Originally posted by 762cavalier
                                Thank you for the offer cr250chevy. Maybe you can PM the Yuba and thefeeder and coordinate with them?
                                Messaged both. Offer is available for anyone else just PM!
                                Cavalier- I'll let you know when I get possession of some, and then we can make arrangements to get it to you!

                                CALGUNER'S: THIS IS OUR BEST WAY TO OUTREACH TODAYS YOUTH IN A POSITIVE WAY AND INCREASE INTEREST (SUPPORT) FOR THE 2A!
                                Had it not been for my pro gun father, Boy Scouts would have been the only place I was exposed to firearms growing up.
                                Last edited by cr250chevy; 03-12-2014, 9:33 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1