Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Tactical Excess?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • momoshooter
    Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 280

    Originally posted by SilverTauron
    I've had it. Honestly.


    My patience with the trendy tactical BS has run out. Let me be clear that training has its place; but people running around a field with MOLLE gear, body armor, and mag pouches with an AR and a drop leg pistol holster are only training to prop up their egos.

    There's nothing wrong with having fun at the range, but calling it "training" is doing a disservice to the actual activity. Rifle skills have nothing to do with concealed carry of a pistol under a cover garment. If the government's not in the picture in your neck of the woods, packing up and leaving makes more sense then hunkering down with an AR15 while your family plays backstop.

    O, the world's ending and all is collapsing around you? OK. Good luck convincing whoever's operating the last evacuation vehicle to let you and your tacticool gear in. I imagine that convo's going to break down to "come on in, but leave the AR and mags outside".

    Otherwise, I hope you can stuff that 500lb safe full of guns on your back for the 100 mile march out of town on foot!

    The REAL, actual SF people who use this stuff for a living can do it because they're trained for MONTHS at a time on the US taxpayer's dime. Not 5 hours every month in a field with surplus store ammo. Furthermore, those skillsets exist for one purpose-efficiently murdering the enemy. Not paper targets on a one-sided range.

    The person with a single handgun, monthly range practice, and a well rounded education in field medicine with a gym membership will survive a WROL situation a lot longer then some wannabe ninja with a $3000 AR15 and a Special Ops fetish.


    Then, when someone does take the tentative steps into gun ownership, theyre bombarded with overwhelming BS about "getting off the X" and "tactical manipulations" . And then gun owning folk wonder why uninitiated people think we're nuts. I can barely comprehend this attitude, and the soccer moms of America will DEFINITELY not like the idea of folks in the woods playing Army with actual rifles. The latter point matters, because the Bambiist soccer moms' votes count equally as much as yours do on Election Day.
    Rant over.

    Damn it... Damn it, Damn it... SilverTauron...

    you made me so darn mad my Ninja mask fell off. You mean all this Voodoo Tactical gear, and playing airsoft with my buddies every Sunday...doesn't qualify me as an "operator"? DAMN IT!

    I'm sitting here in the dark with my 10,000 dollar AR that I bought during the last scare with Mom's money and just feeling so low about myself..

    Anything else you wanna say before I goto the bathroom and pull a Pvt. Pyle?
    Last edited by momoshooter; 08-22-2013, 12:22 AM.
    - Hate is Fear turned out.

    Comment

    • stag6.8
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2007
      • 1335

      ...the only things I have that I consider tactical and wear to the range or tactical rifle/pistol class is an ar-15 magazine leg drop pouch and a pistol holster with pistol mag pouches and I wear a lightweight kelvar vest in which I believe every gun owner should have. Nobody knows I`m wearing it ...its under my shirt....just enough...in the real world you wont be wearing all the tactical gear...you`ll be wearing street clothes....and if youre lucky you`ll have a bug-out backpack..In which I do have. like I said ....just enough...no more need to rant tauron....we hear you.
      Last edited by stag6.8; 09-21-2013, 1:29 AM.
      Walked in application: May 10th 2021
      Date of interview: Oct 7th 2021
      Live scan: Oct 7th 2021.
      Email from L.A.S.D. to proceed with training: Feb 3rd, 2022.
      Training Completed: Feb 5th 2022
      Emailed training paperwork to L.A.S.D.: Feb 7th 2022
      L.A.S.D. responded back stating that they received paperwork: Feb 8th 2022
      Call for pickup: Feb, 22nd 2022-pick up permit Feb 23 2022
      Good Cause Color: Yellow
      Active Utah, Arizona and Florida Non-Resident CCW Permits.

      Comment

      • luckystrike
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2009
        • 4176

        Originally posted by naeco81
        I understand the value of light just not AR mounted lights. Wouldn't a head mounted light be far better utility for preppers and such? Anywhere you take your AR with you I am willing to bet you take your head with you too.
        most head mounted lights are LED (lack distance) and not a concentrated beam. if it was then you would have to tilt your head in a retarded way to illuminate your target on the gun or have your light pointed in a weird direction when not on the gun. plus a head mounted light will light up your rifle as much as down range, id just rather have the only light be hitting the target.

        A weapon mounted light is 100% better for a lowlight/night time fighting rifle.

        Originally posted by Bob Hostetter
        And should you really be just pointing your gun around a corner and shooting at things you can't see?
        absolutely. suppression.
        Last edited by luckystrike; 09-21-2013, 2:07 AM.

        Comment

        • Standard
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2007
          • 3676

          I think the idea of suppression fire in a civilian context is extremely dangerous and unlikely.
          Most likely, any defensive action you take with a long gun will be in and around your home, in which case you're very unlikely to be sending a ton of inaccurate fire into some poor blokes home, cause some baddies happen to be in the area or something.

          Comment

          • Squidward
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2006
            • 1779

            A Hornet's Nest

            Please tread lightly.. Some politician may read this thread and propose a Senate Bill limiting you to only 10 tactical items. Or, worse yet, a ban on all things tactical.

            And I ain't registering my tactical bacon!

            Comment

            • luckystrike
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2009
              • 4176

              Originally posted by Standard
              I think the idea of suppression fire in a civilian context is extremely dangerous and unlikely.
              Most likely, any defensive action you take with a long gun will be in and around your home, in which case you're very unlikely to be sending a ton of inaccurate fire into some poor blokes home, cause some baddies happen to be in the area or something.
              I wouldnt be firing just because some baddies happen to be in the area. inside my home then yes. also yes the idea of suppression fire in this setting is dangerous, just as dangerous as anyother setting.

              in my personal setting this would work with risk being at a minimum (all houses here have up stairs bedrooms).

              im not saying you should or shouldnt do anything, im saying that when I want to move to get to where im going, the risk of me catching a bullet from not suppressing is MUCH greater then my neighbor catching a ricochet/fragment if I do suppress.

              Comment

              • cannon
                In Memoriam
                • Aug 2008
                • 8589

                Originally posted by SilverTauron
                Except grandmothers and untrained ordinary people seem to do just fine against scumbags without the benefit of advanced tactical training.

                I've yet to read the "Armed Citizen" article which said the defender had to transition to his secondary to win the fight.

                So very true.
                ^^ Said by some lunatic on the internet

                Comment

                • CRTguns
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2006
                  • 2627

                  Originally posted by bassbones
                  I am sooooo turned on right now....Want to go have sex RIGHT NoW?... Well said. ..
                  I want in on that. PM with place and time.

                  Comment

                  • GoingPro
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2008
                    • 1451

                    Originally posted by CRTguns
                    I want in on that. PM with place and time.


                    How about count me in too. Lets make this a group session. Bring your tacticool vests and camo gear. Ill bring mine. Oh yeah and your best lube.... gun lube.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • Sunday
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jan 2010
                      • 5574

                      Tacticool attracts the babes.
                      California's politicians and unionized government employees are a crime gang that makes the Mexican drug cartels look like a Girl Scout Troop in comparison.

                      Comment

                      • bigbearbear
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Jun 2011
                        • 5378

                        Originally posted by Sunday
                        Tacticool attracts the babes.
                        Actually no, women look at guns/gears differently. I was looking at one of the most bad***** shotgun available on the market, a Benelli M4. It loosk really "tactical" to me and one mean looking firearm.

                        When I showed it to my wife and discussed about getting it, she was like, "meh".

                        Then she pointed to the Benelli SuperSport and says she love it (we were browsing through the various shotguns on Benelli USA web site). This shotgun isn't "tactical" at all, but its modern lines and color caught her eyes.

                        I think the tacticool stuffs turns women off.

                        Comment

                        • monk
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 2011
                          • 4454

                          I wonder when someone will start designing guns to function like normal guns but look fashionable lol.


                          NRA Member
                          SAF Member


                          A tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1