Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Valkyrie Arms closed till when???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • squackatu
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 97

    I've already responded to all PM's. You should have either gotten a call from Paul or I. Let me know if you're an exception. PM me with questions.

    Comment

    • DDRH
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Mar 2008
      • 2756

      Originally posted by vr6veedub
      Please post back if your account posts. I'm supposed to go down for a refund tomorrow. Want to make sure the owners credit card account hasnt been overdrawn somehow and the credit card company stops refunding people under his account. Another headache I don't need
      I feel u on that. hope my account shows refund soooon!


      Originally posted by bbogert
      No refund for me yet, but based on my original purchase date, looks like the delayed processing by like 5 days. I'm guessing (hoping?) that it's just delayed by them submitting. My CC company told me they have up to 30 days to submit the refund for processing.

      I'm hoping it goes through, but my amount is small potatoes compared to those of you who purchased firearms directly through them, then waited months for nothing.
      Will definitely post and let ya'll know if i get it back!

      Comment

      • bwiese
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Oct 2005
        • 27621

        I assure you that whatever drama is happening here has NOTHING to do with SSEs, regardless of whoever (uninformed) else is saying this.

        My read-btwn the lines is this is less of any 'gun law issue' vs. a mix of 'old bookkeeping (Valkyrie was really still 10-8 Tactical at that new location, and it appears the books did not get 'closed and reopened' int that transition. - and to the best of my understanding "Old Valkyrie" probably still has their orig FFL at the old Milpitas location) - I'd bet most of this is

        Ongoing CGF communications with DOJ legal indicates "yeah we do not like SSE but nothing we can really do". If this weren't the case at least 6 - 8 other really high profile CA FFLs would be under attack and they are NOT.

        Bill Wiese
        San Jose, CA

        CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member
        sigpic
        No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
        to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
        ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
        employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
        legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

        Comment

        • CrazyPhuD
          Member
          • Jun 2010
          • 458

          Originally posted by itisagoodname
          I have my refund receipt from December 5th and still nothing posted to my account.
          My refunds were originally issued on 11/30 and have yet to post. Personally I'm just going to start reversing the charges on friday. I'm not terribly worried about this, this is why you use credit cards. I just don't have the time to deal with it and it should have been resolved already.

          Comment

          • beanz2
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Nov 2008
            • 12032

            VA refund from 12/4 was posted to my account yesterday.
            sigpic
            The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.

            Comment

            • lithium214
              Junior Member
              • Mar 2012
              • 15

              Just came from Valkyrie today, met with Paul and Chris and my refund was given pretty quick. Just waiting for it to post.

              Comment

              • CrazyPhuD
                Member
                • Jun 2010
                • 458

                I was checking my records and one interesting factoid. It appears everything that I ordered through the Milpitas location was eventually delivered to me, however nothing ordered from the Santa Clara location was. One could argue that the climate did change some due to the elections, but the fact that one of the guns I had on order for 3+ months I was able to order in Stock from another dealer's distributor two days after they shut down does not reflect well on them.

                Comment

                • controlled_burst
                  Member
                  • May 2012
                  • 464

                  After reading all this I am happy I decided to wait till 2013 to get my FNX .45

                  Was VERY close to ordering from VA

                  CB
                  "Not the past, not the future, life is now."
                  Rickson Gracie
                  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
                  ------------------

                  Comment

                  • CrazyPhuD
                    Member
                    • Jun 2010
                    • 458

                    FYI if your refunds are of a larger amount(mine were significant) then according to valkyrie it may take longer to post due to fraud controls etc. They are being responsive and proactive which is a plus, so long as in the end the refund comes through.

                    Comment

                    • tcrpe
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jan 2006
                      • 10269

                      Originally posted by CrazyPhuD
                      FYI if your refunds are of a larger amount(mine were significant) then according to valkyrie it may take longer to post due to fraud controls etc. They are being responsive and proactive which is a plus, so long as in the end the refund comes through.
                      Fraud controls?

                      How does that work, and what is the cutoff amount?
                      Originally posted by SilverTauron
                      Considering the facts of how easily safes can be defeated, a park bench offers the same amount of protection.
                      Originally posted by loose_electron
                      PE card? LOL! Any green kid out of engineering school can get that with a few years of experience.

                      Comment

                      • CrazyPhuD
                        Member
                        • Jun 2010
                        • 458

                        Originally posted by tcrpe
                        Fraud controls?

                        How does that work, and what is the cutoff amount?
                        Honestly I couldn't tell you. It's not entirely unreasonable say in the instance where a rogue employee issues refunds that he shouldn't(i.e. for more than charged etc). Smaller amounts are likely not subject to additional scrutiny because the risk is lower.

                        I had ~10 guns on order given the 2014 long gun registration and also the expected election crush if Obama won, so my amount was significant.

                        Comment

                        • squackatu
                          Junior Member
                          • Mar 2008
                          • 97

                          So it looks like they're almost done with allocating all the guns that need to go to either Tracy/MDT/or get shipped out to other places....

                          hopefully in the next day or two this will happen. It's tough because Paul has to be at the store to process the refunds and will have to find time to drive the shipments over to the different locations.

                          Will keep you updated.

                          Comment

                          • squackatu
                            Junior Member
                            • Mar 2008
                            • 97

                            So it looks like they're almost done with allocating all the guns that need to go to either Tracy/MDT/or get shipped out to other places....

                            hopefully in the next day or two this will happen. It's tough because Paul has to be at the store to process the refunds and will have to find time to drive the shipments over to the different locations.

                            Will keep you updated.

                            Comment

                            • ironic
                              Junior Member
                              • Jun 2012
                              • 81

                              Great news, thanks for the update

                              Comment

                              • itisagoodname
                                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                                • Jan 2010
                                • 1359

                                WOO HOO!!! Valkyrie refund posted! Celebration time B*tches!
                                tere hanges

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1