Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Optics Planet BS

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    lavgrunt
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2004
    • 814

    Originally posted by opbrian
    Hey everyone,

    I just want to address a few of the issues some of you seem to be having with our ordering and return policies. First, to OP 11B, as another member mentioned, we cannot accept a return for a rifle scope that has been mounted. If you can PM me your order number and RMA number, I can go talk to returns and see what I can do to help out. We do our best to provide you with as much information as possible so you can make the correct choice when buying a scope from us. If you ever have a question about which scope will work with your firearm, please contact us and one of our product specialists will lend a hand.
    As for our inventory, I want to reassure you that we carry the items listed in our store, although it does happen from time to time that we run out of stock, at which point we do everything in our power to get the backordered item to you as quickly as possible. We have a huge warehouse with the hundreds of thousands of products we carry, which you can see here.
    If you're concerned that the product you're looking for may be out of stock, please give us a call and we can double check our inventory to make sure your item is shipped immediately.

    We care a great deal about your experience with us, and as a gesture of good faith I can offer 6% off your next order with coupon code 50e8909, which is good through a week from today, so it expires on July 15, 2011. Hopefully the discount, along with free S&H on most orders over $29.95 and our already low prices will convince you that OpticsPlanet is concerned with your satisfaction first and foremost.

    If anyone has a question for me about our ordering and shipping process or the status of an order, feel free to send me a PM and I'll make sure to put you in contact with the correct person.

    Regards,
    Brian
    Optics Planet
    marketing@opticsplanet.com
    800.504.5897
    http://www.opticsplanet.com
    Thanks for the post, Brian........Welcome to 'CalGuns' !!

    As I stated, I have dealt with OP in the past with no issues..........I hope things work out for others posting their issues with your company !!!
    "......I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you f**k with me, I'll kill you all......"

    Marine Corps General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders, 2003

    Comment

    • #32
      Steve-O
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2006
      • 721

      Sorry to hear about those with issues regarding Optics Planet. I have used them on several occasions and have always been completely satisfied with the results.

      Comment

      • #33
        patriot_man
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2009
        • 2640

        They're a big distributor. There's gonna be f-ups more often then the small stores that only get a couple orders a day. People get lucky, some don't.

        Comment

        • #34
          redcliff
          Calguns Addict
          • Feb 2008
          • 5676

          Originally posted by Recession
          So Brian, when is that "realtime" inventory system that you've been talking about for the past year going to finally be implemented? Your "backorder" problem is not a "time to time" issue. If that were the case, Optics Planet would not be notoriously known throughout the internet for this.
          Agreed. While I give Brian credit for posting here and thank him for the discount code, I still won't be orderring from them until they get a real time inventory system in place. This isn't 2001 anymore, almost all the major players (Brownells, Midway USA, Amazon etc) have real time inventory systems.
          "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
          "What we get away with isn't usually the same as what's good for us"
          "An extended slide stop is the second most useless part you can put on a 1911"

          "While Ruger DA revolvers may be built like a tank, they have the aesthetics of one also,
          although I suppose there are a few tanks which I owe an apology to for that remark"

          Comment

          • #35
            sniper4usmc
            Senior Member
            • May 2010
            • 1984

            Coupon code 50e8909 dont work for me(amazon payment checkout),,it that code only for 11b???
            Last edited by sniper4usmc; 07-09-2011, 8:20 AM.
            USMC 95-99

            Comment

            • #36
              guns_and_labs
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Dec 2004
              • 1094

              Originally posted by opbrian
              We care a great deal about your experience with us, and as a gesture of good faith I can offer 6% off your next order with coupon code 50e8909, which is good through a week from today, so it expires on July 15, 2011. Hopefully the discount, along with free S&H on most orders over $29.95 and our already low prices will convince you that OpticsPlanet is concerned with your satisfaction first and foremost.
              Thanks, but can this be used on existing orders on backorder? I'm still waiting for my JPoint...
              "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun." Wayne LaPierre, NRA Press Conference, 12/21/12

              Comment

              • #37
                dhyayi
                Banned
                • Jun 2011
                • 241

                Originally posted by sniper4usmc
                Coupon code 50e8909 dont work for me(amazon payment checkout),,it that code only for 11b???
                this coupon code doesn't work either

                Comment

                • #38
                  762.DEFENSE
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 6314

                  Said to hear that you had a bad experience, maybe disputing the CC Charge is the only option you have left at this point.

                  I've done business with OpticsPlanet.com quite a few times and never really had an issue.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Bruce
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 2183

                    Originally posted by negolien
                    Do I really need to ask the question? lol Planned on using bubble gum or something?


                    You might note that the mount is built in. No bubble gum is required.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Roddd
                      Member
                      • Apr 2011
                      • 348

                      I've only had good experiences with them. I might reconsider next time though after hearing some of these stories.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        The War Wagon
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Apr 2011
                        • 10294

                        For scope rings or a flashlight? MAYBE... But they've always struck me as just 'barely above hokey' as a retailer.

                        With so many good, DEDICATED firearms/accessory sellers out there - brick & mortar and internet - why buy a RIFLE scope, from people who sell telescopes & binoculars? I'd rather work with someone who actually understands the end use of what I'm buying from them, and can advise me accordingly.
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          SAR_boats
                          Member
                          • Nov 2010
                          • 236

                          Optics Planet really does suck. They border on bait and switch. I bought a Safariland holster from them a while back. They supposedly had it in stock. After a one month wait I called them to find out where it was. They said they didn't have that one in stock and it would be at least six weeks more for it, but they had another one that was almost the same, but $50 more in stock.

                          Slow shipping, I have always had to call them and apparently their definition of "in stock" means "this product exists, somewhere"

                          I don't do business with them or their (several) other websites anymore.
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            opbrian
                            Junior Member
                            • Jul 2011
                            • 3

                            marketing@opticsplanet.com
                            800.504.5897

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              Molby242
                              Member
                              • Jul 2011
                              • 236

                              I've bought a few things from them before with no problems, but they weren't optics. Customer Service dept was pretty nice when I did have a small hickup: the product I wanted just sold out right before I made my order, and restock wasn't going to reach in the time I needed. I got a free upgrade to the next model higher in the line. I guess I got lucky. But I'll be more weary in the future since it seems consensus is to be cautious about OP...


                              Sorry you had a bad experience...
                              Last edited by Molby242; 07-11-2011, 12:05 PM.
                              "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." -Edmund Burke

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                MacOtac
                                Member
                                • Nov 2009
                                • 267

                                I have ordered from them many times. 99% of the time no problem... I had one incident where I placed a large order for a scope and some accessories while I was working in Iraq. I guess my IP address was flagged because the scope is a non exportable item and they ended up giving me the run around, even though it was being shipped to my address in California along with the billing information. To make a long story short ended up canceling the order and placed it somewhere else and they ended up missing out on a several thousand dollar order.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1