Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
GunsDirect @ Burbank, Ca = HIGHWAY ROBBERY. AVOID.
Collapse
X
-
It could be sent from Zeus via Pegasus and if its not in the code it has no authority. Not to mention you are talking about a memo thats a decade old from a different AG.
A gun shop cant charge storage fees for a ppt period. If they do then they are in violation of section 12082.attorneys use a specific analytical framework beaten into the spot that used to house our common senseComment
-
At this point I think you would need case law. The shop would point out the transfer is over after a reasonable time, in this instance being 4 days, and now storage fees should apply. At some point a "reasonable person" (in a legal sense) would be expected to pick up his firearm. If there wasn't a limit you could leave the gun there for years.PC section 12082 "The purchaser or transferee or
person being loaned the firearm may be required by the dealer to pay
a fee not to exceed ten dollars ($10) per firearm, and no other fee
may be charged by the dealer for a sale, loan, or transfer of a
firearm conducted pursuant to this section, except for the applicable
fees that may be charged pursuant to Sections 12076, 12076.5, and
12088.9 and forwarded to the Department of Justice, and the fees set
forth in Section 12805. Nothing in these provisions shall prevent a
dealer from charging a smaller fee. The dealer may not charge any
additional fees."
Whether the firearms sits there for 10 days or 29 days is irrelevant according to the code. A letter from the director of the firearms division doesn't change this.
I'd be willing to bet it's already been done. Someone has failed to pick up their gun after the wait and the FFL has disposed of it. I'd even guess one of the dealers on Calguns could tell you how they did it.Rogue American, Media Mercenary.
"A firearm is just a tool. Any tool can be used as a weapon, but the most powerful weapons were written."Comment
-
Even though they sell bullet buttons and have some ARs on the rack (might be AR22?) mention Calguns and they'll go off on a rant about misinformation and people are going to get arrested.
And I don't think they're talking about the "wink wink" BS that goes on in high cap/AW threads.- Rich

Originally posted by dantoddA just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.Comment
-
Sounds like a terrible customer service,ill try to avoid Guns Direct and go other places for my needs.Thanx OP and others for warning us.Comment
-
But you didn't research your prices around before buying. Calling other gun stores first and even checking online for what they cost on the internet. Pretty much live and learn dude. A bad review isn't fair because they're guns were at Retail. Now unless they totally treated you unfairly then that'd call for a review. I will say that the gun lock is overpriced but for me, I would've brought the gun lock with me when I went to pick up the gun just to cover all bases. Good luck on your next gun purchase. Don't let Gun Direct ruin your image of gun buying, just hope you learn something from it.I'm not blaming them for anything, everyone's gotta eat in life, right? If I were really mad about overpaying for the gun I would've written up a review the day I found out I overpaid $100, but I didn't. I purchased a gun well above competitors prices and went back for another deal hoping it would be a smooth painless transaction, it wasn't so I'm just warning fellow calguns members about this store.
I honestly WISHED it did not have to come down to this, it's pretty convenient having a firearms store 20-30 min away... but i guess that won't happen for me with this store.-- Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm --
-- Xbox Live Gamertag: Syst3m Ov3rrid3 -- YouTube
-- Guns... It's never the problem... It's the SOLUTION
Comment
-
you think paying 455 for a mosquito is bad, oak tree gun club here in scv is charging
$499 + tax and fees.... I was just in there a week ago.... I couldn't believe it, and the cherry on top is that there was someone buying one.....
Store information: http://www.yelp.com/biz/guns-direct-burbank
Why I decided to make this "review thread": http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=433680
I've been to GunsDirect a total of three times and I will only be back there one more time to pick up my brand new PPT'd Glock 17.
The first time I was at Guns Direct I was in the market for my first ever handgun. Having shot the p226r in .40 and 9mm I decided to pick up the Sig Mosquito so I can save money on ammunition and have the same "feel" of the p226. Not knowing ANYTHING about the value of handguns I went ahead and purchase a brand new Sig Sauer Mosquito @ GunsDirect for ~$455.00 OTD. I was extremely happy in the purchase until I found out they sold the SAME EXACT handgun at Turner's for ~$350.00 OTD.
At this point I was mad and disappointed in myself, I promised myself to do research before impulsively purchasing any handgun. I private messaged one of the workers at GunsDirect and expressed my thoughts and emotions about overpaying ~$100.00 for the handgun they sold me. The worker assured me that even though I overpaid $100 for the handgun that I would definitely be taken care of in the future.... this was not the case.
I went in for a second transaction today @ GunsDirect, this time it was for a PPT. I went into the store with the normal documents for a PPT: California Drivers Lience, HSC Card, Proof of Residency, and a receipt for a brand new gun lock less than 30 days old. Additionally, we gave Phil, the store owner, the firearm that was going to be PPT'd, a brand spankin new glock 17. Unfortunately Phil@Guns Direct did not accept my gun lock receipt, claiming that I had to bring physically bring in the lock in order to use my own. Living 30 minutes away from the GunsDirect I had no choice but to purchase one off them... They charged me a WHOPPING $20.00 for a gun lock. It honestly SUCKED because I went into the store thinking I was only going to pay $35.00 for a PPT but ended up paying $55.00.
Honestly, I don't know if they were taking advantage of me because they knew I was fairly new into the firearms community but this is the LAST STRAW for me at this store. It was convenient going to the store because it was fairly close by but I will never be visiting this store ever again besides picking up my Brand New Glock 17 10 days from now.... and the gun better be in brand new-mint condition because that is how I gave it to them.
If proof is needed, I will scan all my original receipts... Yes, I got ripped off silly at this store and definitely learned my lesson
TWO THUMBS DOWN FOR GUNS DIRECT @ BURBANK, CA. STAY AWAY FROM THIS STORE.sigpic
PricelessOriginally posted by willerfortheworldWhy buy a glock, drive a Honda, and drink budlight when you can buy a cz, drive a Subaru and drink heineken?Comment
-
Aegis? I just walked in, looked at the lack of handgun inventory in the case, noticed the AR-pattern rifles on the wall, saw a BB in the case, bought some dummy rounds and walked out.
The only time I'll mention Calguns to a shop owner is if he asks how I heard about him (like Bullet Barn in Upland).
I was repeating what another Calgunner had mentioned about his experience there. It's been a year or more, but seems he said that "both" guys behind the counter just "went off" at the mere mention of Calguns and that "we" were going to land someone in jail.
Don't remember who said it, you might find the quote from a search for "Aegis"... Then again... it could have been one of the GW or GD shills. This was shortly before Guns Direct opened.- Rich

Originally posted by dantoddA just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.Comment
-
All this drama for an overpriced lock....what?Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,640
Posts: 25,149,933
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,868
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 20861 users online. 59 members and 20802 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

I am siding with the OP on this one.

Comment