Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Some people have lost their .....

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Robert1234
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2006
    • 3080

    It's like groundhog day here.

    Seems there's anew "OMG! Marketplace prices are ridiculous;" post every week

    Comment

    • #32
      Rob454
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Feb 2006
      • 11254

      Originally posted by Robert1234
      It's like groundhog day here.

      Seems there's anew "OMG! Marketplace prices are ridiculous;" post every week

      Comment

      • #33
        MrFancyPants
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2017
        • 1160

        Yeah and for some reason they only bitch when they're on the buying end. It's all good when the same people are expecting to sell something for top dollar at current market value. Funny how that works.

        Comment

        • #34
          SilveradoColt21
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Sep 2021
          • 2440

          I mean prices are insanely ridiculous, lately I've been seeing Shields go for well over $600 and keep in mind that it's the on-roster version, that's a $300 pistol we're talking about here, now it's $600?!
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #35
            DCF
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2009
            • 1188

            Just keep in mind that that the $400 FCU in the free state has a different value as the one in CA owned by a CA resident. That's how I rationalize my off roster purchase and if I need to sell an off roster handgun, I can sell it at a premium too.

            Comment

            • #36
              dfens
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2007
              • 946

              I know prices are going up and up and sellers can charge whatever they want.

              For me there is a cut off price where I can afford any gun no matter the price but when it get to a certain point it's just not worth it for me to buy.

              Unless it's the super rare and a one of kind so of course you are going to pay through the nose. Or it's the greatest gun in the world for me and it's going to be my new go to bed side gun then I will fork over the CA premium.

              But one that gets me is this one guy in the classifieds who has been bumping his over priced collection for over a year now. Most of the stuff isn't that rare or in such demand and the guys prices are so over the top there is a reason why he hasn't sold even one of them. Get a freaking clue over a year latter and no bites your prices are too dam high. Either lower the prices or keep the dam collection because no one is going to pay those prices. Tired of seeing his adds been bumped taking up space.

              Comment

              • #37
                Mithrandir13
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2012
                • 899

                you can buy 2nd hand $350 Shields all day long for $800
                The founding fathers did a wonderful thing when they included the second amendment to the constitution...

                Yes... and this! http://www.constitution.org/2ll/2ndschol/87senrpt.pdf

                Good Guys with Guns HERE

                Comment

                • #38
                  Tere_Hanges
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Mar 2013
                  • 6270

                  Just wait 3 more years and prices will be way lower.
                  CRPA and NRA member.

                  Note that those who have repeatedly expressed enough vile and incoherent content as to render your views irrelevant, have been placed on my ignore list. Thank you for helping me improve my experience and direct my attention towards those who are worthy of it. God bless your toxic little souls.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Elysium
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2012
                    • 819

                    Sig is really capitalizing on the modularity piece similarly to AR building syndrome.

                    With the extra grip modules, slides, magazines I have in my parts drawer, I have enough to build three more P320s if I just had FCUs.

                    Sig finally delivering on modularity on a product.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      morrcarr67
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jul 2010
                      • 15053

                      Originally posted by Rob454
                      Maybe they wanted quick sales and not dealing with stuff languishing on the forum. Either way they felt the guns were worth x amount and that’s what they asked and sold for.

                      I never understood why people get so twisted over prices. Ive always been the if you don’t like it make a offer and if its not accepted ……move on to the next seller. If i need something bad enough ill buy. If i dont and can wait ill wait. Im pretty set on guns and vehicles houses food money etc. but if a good deal comes along i may pick up whatever it is. Hold and sell later.
                      Originally posted by Rob454
                      Someone is always gonna freak out when the prices on anything go beyond what they can pay. Then it becomes ‘gouging’
                      Who said I'm twisted over the price? I just can believe what people are asking and paying for stuff. I don't pay stupid prices for stuff yet I have some of the neat cool things.

                      My first P365 I paid $635 and sold it for $650 which when you add in the transfer fee I sold for a loss. I just picked up a P365XL and while I didn't get it for $635. I did really get a great deal on it, I only paid $750 less magazines. The best deal though has to be my Compact P320 that I picked up for $550. All of these here in CA and all off roster PPTs.

                      As for $1500 being out of my financial range, I don't think so. It is out of my mental range though.

                      It's also really surprising that people are paying this much when any CA resident can walk into a store and pay $800 for one. Notice I said a store and not any store. They just need to know which store to go into.
                      Last edited by morrcarr67; 02-26-2022, 7:22 AM.
                      Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

                      Originally posted by Erion929

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Brother_Hesekiel
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2012
                        • 771

                        Prices are ruled by supply and demand. Since supply is lower than demand, prices are up, and they will stay up as long as there are buyers who are willing to spend the money on it. When it becomes cheaper to date a cop and get her a diamond ring than buying your favorite guns at California premium, things will change.

                        This mechanic is not limited to firearms. I got my Porsche 911 for half what it's worth today, because demand is higher than supply.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          Mithrandir13
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2012
                          • 899

                          Add to this... yhe balue of the dollar continues to drop...

                          Originally posted by Brother_Hesekiel
                          Prices are ruled by supply and demand. Since supply is lower than demand, prices are up, and they will stay up as long as there are buyers who are willing to spend the money on it. When it becomes cheaper to date a cop and get her a diamond ring than buying your favorite guns at California premium, things will change.

                          This mechanic is not limited to firearms. I got my Porsche 911 for half what it's worth today, because demand is higher than supply.
                          The founding fathers did a wonderful thing when they included the second amendment to the constitution...

                          Yes... and this! http://www.constitution.org/2ll/2ndschol/87senrpt.pdf

                          Good Guys with Guns HERE

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            Dan_Eastvale
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Apr 2013
                            • 10756

                            Originally posted by Mithrandir13
                            Add to this... yhe balue of the dollar continues to drop...

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              LazyJ
                              Banned
                              • Aug 2021
                              • 242

                              I'll admit that I sent several firearms that sat in my safe to my FFL over this last year. Prices I got were just too good to pass up.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                M76
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Apr 2014
                                • 5953

                                Originally posted by rsrocket1
                                This was at the LGS a couple of weeks ago. I would have bought it but I already have two P320's with FCU's.

                                8% tax, no DROS fees $322.92 out the door in 10 minutes.



                                but the weather sux
                                we're talking CA here, pal...none of that "free state" goodness!

                                sigpic
                                Originally posted by dunndeal
                                Stop digging.
                                Originally posted by BrassCase
                                I only buy fireworks from Three Finger Willie over at One Eyed Jack's Fireworks.
                                iTrader

                                https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1884858

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1