Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Transporting/Using Freedom Week Mags

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    RickD427
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Jan 2007
    • 9277

    Originally posted by Featureless
    Once you go Featureless you never go back.

    And thanks Rick, I did not know it is not illegal to run a standard cap (hi cap) mag in a featureless rifle. So thanks for that!
    Please go back and and re-read the thread. My comments were directed to featureless rifles that were mag-locked, or bullet-buttoned and were made from a very cautious reading of the law, and in light of DOJ practice. Osmily made a series of comments from a neutral perspective. (also note my puzzlement in the thread as to why anyone would do that with a featureless rifle).
    If you build a man a fire, you'll keep him warm for the evening. If you set a man on fire, you'll keep him warm for the rest of his life.

    Comment

    • #62
      L4D
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 3053

      This thread did not age well AT ALL.
      RIP iTrader: Feedback Profile for L4D

      Comment

      • #63
        Librarian
        Admin and Poltergeist
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Oct 2005
        • 44691

        Originally posted by L4D
        This thread did not age well AT ALL.
        That's what happens.

        I've had to stick dates in a lot of my replies - 'as of June 2021 ...' etc.
        ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

        Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

        Comment

        • #64
          edgerly779
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Aug 2009
          • 19871

          Moot point looks like 9th circuit ruled no large cap mags. Now maybe a scotus issue.

          Comment

          • #65
            dmcag69
            Member
            • Aug 2008
            • 286

            Keep the 10 rounder in features firearms

            Also put 10 rounder in featureless
            Only for transport

            Freedom mags should be in a locked ammo can, not in carrying case with rifle. Low profile case, don't want mag pockets outside it.
            When you Target shoot, use your freedom mag in featureless gun only

            Carry only one freedom mag per gun, include 10 rounder, you don't want all your freedom mags confiscated at once, I carry one only ,not loaded, mixed with ten rounders.

            Leave the ammo bearing vest and tactical vest at home with mag pouches, low profile, don't carry all your mags,.

            When you Target shoot, at breaks, put away your freedom drums and mags locked in ammo can especially if a BLM or sheriff pulls up unexpectedly.dont leave them out for show, I only have a few 10 rounder that I don't use out on the table for show , my 30 rounder stays hidden when not in use. Either in can, vehicle trunk, toolbox, or in pocket.

            Comment

            • #66
              L4D
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2009
              • 3053

              Originally posted by dmcag69
              Keep the 10 rounder in features firearms

              Also put 10 rounder in featureless
              Only for transport

              Freedom mags should be in a locked ammo can, not in carrying case with rifle. Low profile case, don't want mag pockets outside it.
              When you Target shoot, use your freedom mag in featureless gun only

              Carry only one freedom mag per gun, include 10 rounder, you don't want all your freedom mags confiscated at once, I carry one only ,not loaded, mixed with ten rounders.

              Leave the ammo bearing vest and tactical vest at home with mag pouches, low profile, don't carry all your mags,.

              When you Target shoot, at breaks, put away your freedom drums and mags locked in ammo can especially if a BLM or sheriff pulls up unexpectedly.dont leave them out for show, I only have a few 10 rounder that I don't use out on the table for show , my 30 rounder stays hidden when not in use. Either in can, vehicle trunk, toolbox, or in pocket.
              You are hoping that confiscation is the only penalty...
              Probably a large fine, time in PMIAP, or hung by the nuts with two different ropes in the opposite direction.

              The first person caught is going to be a doozy.
              RIP iTrader: Feedback Profile for L4D

              Comment

              • #67
                dmcag69
                Member
                • Aug 2008
                • 286

                L4D
                I typed that before I heard about the 9 circuit decision.

                He should leave them home but in a lock box.
                People are adults, it's their decision to follow the current laws if they want to

                but we don't know about freedom mags yets, are they grandfathered , will they need to be registered, or what, its in limbo until supreme court or federal judge takes a chance and rules for us again without a stay

                Ops question was before 9 th circuit decision

                Comment

                • #68
                  Kokopelli
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 2008
                  • 3449

                  Originally posted by Deelayed
                  So I have freedom week mags but I lost the receipt with the date on it . How do I prove they are bonafide freedom week mags ?
                  It has been stated on Calguns many times: You do not need to prove your innocence. THEY need to prove your guilt.

                  Originally posted by 200Apples
                  A slight tangent, here, but magazines made of fiber-reinforced-plastic will usually have a date code of manufacture moulded into them. My P-mags do.
                  For those who may be thinking that sandpaper works well on plastic. Please consider this:

                  --- California ---

                  537e. (a) Any person who knowingly buys, sells, receives, disposes
                  of, conceals, or has in his or her possession any personal property
                  from which the manufacturer's serial number, identification number,
                  electronic serial number, or any other distinguishing number or
                  identification mark
                  has been removed, defaced, covered, altered, or
                  destroyed, is guilty of a public offense
                  If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth. - Ronald Reagan

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    five.five-six
                    CGN Contributor
                    • May 2006
                    • 34928

                    Originally posted by edgerly779
                    Moot point looks like 9th circuit ruled no large cap mags. Now maybe a scotus issue.

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      Jimi Jah
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jan 2014
                      • 19312

                      Originally posted by ohsmily
                      To each their own based on their risk tolerance. I have no hesitation to use all magazines that I own outside the home irrespective of capacity.
                      Are you going to change your behavior now that it's a felony? I won't. I figured this crap would happen here, after all, it's California. 10 rounders only outside the house as always.

                      Best to fly under the radar here. Or play wack-a-mole?

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        homelessdude
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Aug 2013
                        • 2143

                        I guess we finally get to see if the SC can live up to the expectations we have for it.

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          ohsmily
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Apr 2005
                          • 8996

                          Originally posted by Jimi Jah
                          Are you going to change your behavior now that it's a felony? I won't. I figured this crap would happen here, after all, it's California. 10 rounders only outside the house as always.

                          Best to fly under the radar here. Or play wack-a-mole?
                          Are you going to change your tune now that you're wrong AGAIN. Read PC 32310(c). Seriously, do you just sit around figuring out what you're going to make up next? Stop spreading BS FUD...geezus.
                          Last edited by ohsmily; 12-02-2021, 12:19 PM.
                          Expert firearms attorney: https://www.rwslaw.com/team/adam-j-richards/

                          Check out https://www.firearmsunknown.com/. Support a good calgunner local to San Diego.

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            ar15barrels
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jan 2006
                            • 57182

                            Originally posted by Jimi Jah
                            Are you going to change your behavior now that it's a felony?
                            A felony is a crime with a possible jail term exceeding 1 year.
                            32310.
                            (c) Except as provided in Article 2 (commencing with Section 32400) of this chapter and in Chapter 1 (commencing with Section 17700) of Division 2 of Title 2, commencing July 1, 2017, any person in this state who possesses any large-capacity magazine, regardless of the date the magazine was acquired, is guilty of an infraction punishable by a fine not to exceed one hundred dollars ($100) per large-capacity magazine, or is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed one hundred dollars ($100) per large-capacity magazine, by imprisonment in a county jail not to exceed one year, or by both that fine and imprisonment.
                            If you are going to make up FUD, at least research it a little before you spew it.
                            Randall Rausch

                            AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                            Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                            Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                            Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                            Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                            Comment

                            • #74
                              Deelayed
                              Senior Member
                              • Jun 2020
                              • 713

                              Originally posted by Kokopelli
                              It has been stated on Calguns many times: You do not need to prove your innocence. THEY need to prove your guilt.



                              For those who may be thinking that sandpaper works well on plastic. Please consider this:
                              Public offense . I've heard of misdemeanor and felony . But public offense is new to me .

                              Comment

                              • #75
                                RickD427
                                CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                                • Jan 2007
                                • 9277

                                Originally posted by Deelayed
                                Public offense . I've heard of misdemeanor and felony . But public offense is new to me .
                                It's not news. "Crime" and "Public Offense" are synonymous.

                                It's been that way since 1872.

                                Please refer to Penal Code sections 15 and 16 for the definition of the terms.
                                If you build a man a fire, you'll keep him warm for the evening. If you set a man on fire, you'll keep him warm for the rest of his life.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1