Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

SHTF optic: Red dot or LPVO?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • HKAllTheThings
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2020
    • 1313

    Famous last words.

    Comment

    • therealnickb
      King- Lifetime
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Oct 2011
      • 8957

      Comment

      • crufflers
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jul 2011
        • 12723

        I assume all the decent 1x illuminated prisms have a focus ring?

        Comment

        • tomrkba
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2016
          • 1513

          Just wait until you add plates, ammo, night vision on a bump helmet, water, pack...the LPVO will be the least of your concerns.
          Biden's
          Laptop
          Matters

          Read the Kelly Turnbull novels to see where California is and will go: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=kelly+tur..._2_15_ts-doa-p

          Comment

          • HKAllTheThings
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2020
            • 1313

            Originally posted by crufflers
            I assume all the decent 1x illuminated prisms have a focus ring?
            A prism without a diopter kind of sucks.

            Comment

            • crufflers
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jul 2011
              • 12723

              Originally posted by HKAllTheThings
              A prism without a diopter kind of sucks.
              It probably would for my eyes, hahah. I usually have to adjust it on scopes and I have reading glasses now.

              Comment

              • HKAllTheThings
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2020
                • 1313

                Originally posted by crufflers
                It probably would for my eyes, hahah. I usually have to adjust it on scopes and I have reading glasses now.
                Also why ACOGs kind of suck

                Comment

                • crufflers
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jul 2011
                  • 12723

                  I tossed my old Aimpoint PRO battery tonight and installed two fresh batteries in each PRO. The old style rubber cap retainer kind of stretches to fit, but the new design is actually better for the extended battery case mod.

                  Last edited by crufflers; 11-24-2021, 12:35 PM.

                  Comment

                  • Daze
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2009
                    • 644

                    LPVO for me these days. There was a time when it may have been red dot and magnifier but with my old eye I definitely benefit from magnification, and with a little practice I feel the LPVO are pretty fast.

                    Comment

                    • xrMike
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Feb 2006
                      • 7841

                      Agreed, but as long as you wear your glasses, that fixes that problem.

                      Granted, you may not have your glasses handy when you really, really need to use the red dot quickly.

                      Comment

                      • RCGunDude
                        Member
                        • Feb 2018
                        • 255

                        ACOG RCO

                        Comment

                        • Stuttgart
                          Member
                          • Dec 2013
                          • 395

                          Comment

                          • smittty
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Feb 2008
                            • 6269

                            Originally posted by xrMike
                            Agreed, but as long as you wear your glasses, that fixes that problem.

                            Granted, you may not have your glasses handy when you really, really need to use the red dot quickly.
                            No, glasses don't correct how the wearer sees the dot. They just bring your vision closer to 20/20.

                            I don't see a dot, I see an irregular streak of light with no repeatable center.

                            I never asked my daughter about red dot sights but I heard her say tail lights look like vertical red streaks so I know we both see similar distortion.

                            But peep sights or typical scope are no problem.

                            Comment

                            • JTROKS
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Nov 2007
                              • 13093

                              The wise man said just find your place
                              In the eye of the storm
                              Seek the roses along the way
                              Just beware of the thorns...
                              K. Meine

                              Comment

                              • therealnickb
                                King- Lifetime
                                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                                • Oct 2011
                                • 8957

                                Originally posted by smittty
                                No, glasses don't correct how the wearer sees the dot. They just bring your vision closer to 20/20.

                                I don't see a dot, I see an irregular streak of light with no repeatable center.

                                I never asked my daughter about red dot sights but I heard her say tail lights look like vertical red streaks so I know we both see similar distortion.

                                But peep sights or typical scope are no problem.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1