Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Remington customer service (returned unrepaired)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    pythonfan
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Jan 2012
    • 1927

    Originally posted by ar15barrels
    Your mspaint drawing abilities are poor.
    There is a feature in mspaint to snap a straight line between two points.
    I thought i did pretty good free hand in a hurry. Haha. Either way the gun still looks the same after 4 months. Randall is this something a competent gunsmith can fix without having to reparkerize the whole barrel? Im not worried about the price or time frame. Im happy to pay to make it look factory fresh. Hopefully with the paperwork I have from the bankruptcy lawyers I have i can get it at least partially covered. If not then, oh well, I want what I want.

    Comment

    • #47
      ar15barrels
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2006
      • 57179

      Originally posted by pythonfan
      Randall is this something a competent gunsmith can fix without having to reparkerize the whole barrel?
      If I were tasked with fixing it, I would drift out the front sight blade from the base and then unsolder the base and re-solder it so it's square to the barrel.
      Part of the prep for soldering the front sight base is to blast the base and the whole area clean of the old solder.
      Then after the sight base is soldered on, you blast away the excess solder that flows out from under the sight base.
      Then the whole barrel has to be reparkerized so it will match.

      That's the right way to do it.
      Randall Rausch

      AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
      Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
      Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
      Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
      Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

      Comment

      • #48
        pythonfan
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Jan 2012
        • 1927

        Originally posted by ar15barrels
        If I were tasked with fixing it, I would drift out the front sight blade from the base and then unsolder the base and re-solder it so it's square to the barrel.
        Part of the prep for soldering the front sight base is to blast the base and the whole area clean of the old solder.
        Then after the sight base is soldered on, you blast away the excess solder that flows out from under the sight base.
        Then the whole barrel has to be reparkerized so it will match.

        That's the right way to do it.

        Thank you for the information. It is great to have a resource like you here.

        Comment

        • #49
          CWL
          Senior Member
          CGN Contributor
          • Aug 2009
          • 1488

          Hey, at least you got your gun back!
          Vae Victis

          Comment

          • #50
            pythonfan
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Jan 2012
            • 1927

            Originally posted by CWL
            Hey, at least you got your gun back!
            Agreed 100%.

            Comment

            • #51
              BajaJames83
              Calguns Addict
              • Jun 2011
              • 6042

              good thing you got it back. In all honestly thats not as bad as some WASR's ive seen but yeah that would be annoying.
              NRA Endowment Life Member
              USMC 2001-2012

              Never make yourself too available or useful...... Semper Fidelis

              John Dickerson: What keeps you awake at night?
              James Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

              Comment

              • #52
                land locked
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2008
                • 1015

                If I was sure I wanted to keep it, knowing Remington won't fix it, I would pay to have it repaired the right way.

                Comment

                • #53
                  pythonfan
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Jan 2012
                  • 1927

                  Originally posted by land locked
                  If I was sure I wanted to keep it, knowing Remington won't fix it, I would pay to have it repaired the right way.
                  I know I'm going to keep it. I do plan to have it fixed correctly. At this moment I am going to use it as is. When "new" remington gets back to business I will follow up with them and see if they will honor it. If not then the barrel will get sent off to a reputable smith to get it fixed the right way.

                  Thanks to all involved.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1