Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

$75 to put sights on a Glock...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    4Defense
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2009
    • 874

    OP, if you're close by I can change out the sights for you . No charge .

    BTW, don't feel bad about the 75 bucks.

    Last week I got a quote for $ 60 to just drill a hole for the front sight of a CZ P01 . Just drill a freaking hole and I do the rest.

    Comment

    • #47
      17+1
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2010
      • 2847

      Originally posted by teddysurf
      I know and I have thought about that I just thought it would be like $10-15 and then if I needed them adjusted a little I could tap on it with a plastic dowel at the range. I know the Glock Store in San Diego does it for free(at least they do it for free if you go to their booth at a gun show regardless of where you bought the sites).

      Comment

      • #48
        ojisan
        Agent 86
        CGN Contributor
        • Apr 2008
        • 11782

        Originally posted by G-forceJunkie
        Why would you modify the $250 slide, making it now a non-standard sized dovetail instead of filing the $50 site? I've installed hundreds of sites on Glocks, the slide dovetail is never the problem.
        I said "sight base dovetail" not "slide dovetail".
        Perhaps I was not clear enough?
        Of course I modified the sight, the cheaper and easier to replace part.

        Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
        I don't really care, I just like to argue.

        Comment

        • #49
          SVT-40
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jan 2008
          • 12907

          Buy your own tool.. $45.00

          Poke'm with a stick!


          Originally posted by fiddletown
          What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.

          Comment

          • #50
            sfvshooter
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2016
            • 1200

            Nothing against MWG because I had some work done by them when I first started shooting, but they charge more than anyone else I know.

            Had I known back then what I know now, I never would've gone to them. Live and learn.

            Btw, you can probably buy the equipment needed to do the work yourself and it'll probably cost less than $75.
            Too many rifles, not enough time...

            Comment

            • #51
              ar15barrels
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2006
              • 57182

              Originally posted by SVT-40
              Looks just like the bent one here:
              Randall Rausch

              AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
              Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
              Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
              Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
              Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

              Comment

              • #52
                G-forceJunkie
                Calguns Addict
                • Jul 2010
                • 6479

                Yes, wasn't clear. Your correct, always modify the cheaper part!

                Originally posted by ojisan
                I said "sight base dovetail" not "slide dovetail".
                Perhaps I was not clear enough?
                Of course I modified the sight, the cheaper and easier to replace part.

                Comment

                • #53
                  shooter777
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2009
                  • 649

                  That's an asinine price. Say the shop charges $90/hr for gunsmithing then the max price should be $20-25 as it takes no longer than 15 minutes to do it(most likely $10)

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    FPJr615
                    Junior Member
                    • Sep 2019
                    • 49

                    As others have said be prepared for the worst and hope for an easy install. First time is usually the hardest and a learning lesson. Watch the videos and make a mental note of the problems that may or may not arise. Be prepared for them and life and Glock sight installs will be easier.
                    These days when either assembling an item or working on something I take more tools than necessary. Frustrations arise trying to find a tool that the wife put somewhere you'll never find it. Anyways you seem prepared, let us know how it goes. I may want to pay you to put sites on my kahr.

                    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      ACfixer
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Feb 2012
                      • 6095

                      Gun shops are pretty busy right now.
                      Buy made in USA whenever possible.

                      Comment

                      • #56
                      • #57
                        Diabolus
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 2006
                        • 4731

                        Originally posted by 4Defense
                        OP, if you're close by I can change out the sights for you . No charge .

                        BTW, don't feel bad about the 75 bucks.

                        Last week I got a quote for $ 60 to just drill a hole for the front sight of a CZ P01 . Just drill a freaking hole and I do the rest.
                        Very nice of you.... this is a great community of gun enthusiasts!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1