Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Sig Sauer p226- Cleaning

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    riderr
    Calguns Addict
    • Sep 2013
    • 6704

    Originally posted by OCEquestrian
    Best way to avoid the wear issue is to get an all stainless steel SiG P226
    It is. Steel on steel (lubed, greased) is way better approach. However, all steel Sig is a heavy gun, let's face it. It's fun to keep in the safe and shoot, but probably not carry every day.

    Comment

    • #47
      riderr
      Calguns Addict
      • Sep 2013
      • 6704

      Originally posted by rlewpolar
      The gun grease I REALLY like for my Sig rails is the Brian Eno’s Slide Glide, Standard.

      I have several Sigs where I used to use the TW-25 stuff and the rails look very good, with a few wear marks.

      I then started a few new Sigs with only the Slide Glide grease and after hundreds and hundreds of rounds through them, there is not a single mark anywhere. The stuff works so well that it’s like the slides and frames are not even mating. But they continue to work flawlessly and no wear is better than any wear in my book.

      Slide-Glide Gun Lube, Standard, Tub https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0032ZO7GS...p_mob_ap_share


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Thank you for your input. I am on TW-25, it's a good one, but I too see the signs of tear and wear on the Sig rails. I probably need a better grease to protect my on-roster investment.

      Comment

      • #48
        OCEquestrian
        Calguns Addict
        • Jun 2017
        • 6905

        Originally posted by riderr
        It is. Steel on steel (lubed, greased) is way better approach. However, all steel Sig is a heavy gun, let's face it. It's fun to keep in the safe and shoot, but probably not carry every day.
        You are 100% correct but carry every day is different than shoot every day or A lot...
        Last edited by OCEquestrian; 08-24-2019, 7:01 PM.
        "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue." ----Sen. Barry Goldwater

        Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

        NRA life member
        SAF life member
        CRPA member

        Comment

        • #49
          OCEquestrian
          Calguns Addict
          • Jun 2017
          • 6905

          Originally posted by rlewpolar
          The gun grease I REALLY like for my Sig rails is the Brian Eno’s Slide Glide, Standard.

          I have several Sigs where I used to use the TW-25 stuff and the rails look very good, with a few wear marks.

          I then started a few new Sigs with only the Slide Glide grease and after hundreds and hundreds of rounds through them, there is not a single mark anywhere. The stuff works so well that it’s like the slides and frames are not even mating. But they continue to work flawlessly and no wear is better than any wear in my book.

          Slide-Glide Gun Lube, Standard, Tub https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0032ZO7GS...p_mob_ap_share


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I have been using Lucas gun grease on my barrels. I think is just repackaged wheel bearing grease which is fine with me... it's designed to deal with high temps and moisture.
          Last edited by OCEquestrian; 08-24-2019, 7:09 PM.
          "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue." ----Sen. Barry Goldwater

          Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

          NRA life member
          SAF life member
          CRPA member

          Comment

          • #50
            ACfixer
            Calguns Addict
            • Feb 2012
            • 6081

            Good shill job, I just ordered a tube.
            Buy made in USA whenever possible.

            Comment

            • #51
              OCEquestrian
              Calguns Addict
              • Jun 2017
              • 6905

              Originally posted by ACfixer
              Good shill job, I just ordered a tube.
              Psssst.....Wanna buy a bridge?
              "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue." ----Sen. Barry Goldwater

              Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

              NRA life member
              SAF life member
              CRPA member

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1