Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Dicks wants my Guns back

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • denpython
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 1897

    Didn't you lose all your firearms in a terrible boating accident?
    Lake Tahoe is frikkin deep.
    NRA Life Member, GOA member

    Comment

    • hambam105
      Calguns Addict
      • Jan 2013
      • 7083

      Well, maybe I could bring them in...Only I have this Cruise Ship Vacation Planned, and if I bring them in I'll have to reschedule....and then I'd have to pay for an upgrade....maybe some time later I can check and make sure I didn't already sell those two rifle in question.

      Comment

      • guhuna
        Member
        • Mar 2015
        • 98

        Originally posted by thedrickel
        Mistakes regarding your identity, like misspelled name or address, are totally irrelevant to the dros system. It all runs off your id/dl number. If that number, your bday and name are a close enough match, it will get processed as normal. I have had all of my info inputted incorrectly except for DL number and I have never been denied or delayed.

        So it's something else that is unrelated to you. Unless they are offering $$$ to fix their problem, I wouldn't go back. And I definitely wouldn't let them hold the guns for another ten days.
        Exactly!
        I've had my name spelt incorrectly a couple of times on some DROS paperwork and noticed when I went to pick the firearms up. I informed them each time only to be told each time the same thing "thedrickel" said. Its all tied to your DL/ID #.

        Comment

        • Redeyedrider
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2014
          • 1744

          Tell them you will be billing them for your time and expenses. Write up a reasonable invoice that honestly accounts for your time and expense and get it approved by the management.
          We have too much to lose and so we'll lose it all - sd_shooter
          I try to frame my response to be useful to those observing, with little regard to convince the opponent of my awesomeness - EM2
          It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's impossible to win an argument with a stupid person - Whitefang
          TRUMP/NUNES

          Comment

          • Redeyedrider
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2014
            • 1744

            Originally posted by hambam105
            Well, maybe I could bring them in...Only I have this Cruise Ship Vacation Planned, and if I bring them in I'll have to reschedule....and then I'd have to pay for an upgrade....maybe some time later I can check and make sure I didn't already sell those two rifle in question.
            I'm sure they can schedule around your "vacation".
            We have too much to lose and so we'll lose it all - sd_shooter
            I try to frame my response to be useful to those observing, with little regard to convince the opponent of my awesomeness - EM2
            It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's impossible to win an argument with a stupid person - Whitefang
            TRUMP/NUNES

            Comment

            • Canucky
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2007
              • 4265

              Op since Bruce Willis nor Liam Neeson work for Dick's? Hold them hostage.

              Comment

              • Chewy65
                Calguns Addict
                • Dec 2013
                • 5090

                Think about this. What if the DOJ places your DROS status on hold, whatever they call it, and at the end of the 30 days it goes to undetermined. Will Big 5 deliver to an undetermined? This happens randomly to a lot of people and many of their dealers not only will not deliver, but they charge a restocking fee.

                Comment

                • H8Mud
                  Member
                  • Nov 2007
                  • 462

                  I spoke to the manager that called me and explained I would be seeking $600 in compensation or more if I have to drive to tahoe and back for the firearms. I explained per the DOJ website how changes are made and he was unclear how it was done. He said my name was spelled wrong. I do not have a copy of the DROS as they dont provide one unless requested. (my mistake) I did check the name at the review portion of the paperwork and it was correct at that time. He is going to call the DOJ and get back with me.

                  Will update once I hear back
                  "Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six"

                  Originally posted by Manofmayhem
                  Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

                  Comment

                  • OniKoroshi
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2011
                    • 1321

                    Tell Dick's to suck it...

                    Comment

                    • epilepticninja
                      Veteran Member
                      • Aug 2010
                      • 4166

                      And this is why you never buy **** from Dicks or Cheaper than Dirt. **** Dicks.
                      Former political prisoner who escaped on 9-24-23.

                      Comment

                      • AdidasCJ
                        Senior Member
                        • Jun 2011
                        • 1135

                        Originally posted by H8Mud
                        I spoke to the manager that called me and explained I would be seeking $600 in compensation or more if I have to drive to tahoe and back for the firearms. I explained per the DOJ website how changes are made and he was unclear how it was done. He said my name was spelled wrong. I do not have a copy of the DROS as they dont provide one unless requested. (my mistake) I did check the name at the review portion of the paperwork and it was correct at that time. He is going to call the DOJ and get back with me.

                        Will update once I hear back
                        Does not require the guns be taken back, sounds like they typed your name in wrong. What it sounds like is they are trying to do is re-run the DROS as a new inquiry instead of correcting the issue.
                        'socialism is fine, until you run out of other peoples money'

                        -Maggie Thatcher

                        Comment

                        • H8Mud
                          Member
                          • Nov 2007
                          • 462

                          Just heard from The manager, he was rude. He claims DOJ requires the guns to be re DROS and 11 day hold no exexceptions. That they will give me a $200 gift card to cover my travel and no more. If I don't come in I will be reported to DOJ. I told him I don't respond well to threats. He said I'm not and I have 2 managers listening in on the call.

                          This seems ridiculous, I told them I will call them back Friday. I dont want a gift card to that ****hole. Any FFL guys reading this and have input?
                          Last edited by H8Mud; 01-24-2018, 7:27 PM.
                          "Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six"

                          Originally posted by Manofmayhem
                          Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

                          Comment

                          • UberPatriot
                            Senior Member
                            • Jul 2012
                            • 2069

                            Originally posted by H8Mud
                            Just heard from The manager, he was rude. He claims DOJ requires the guns to be re DROS and 11 day hold no exexceptions. That they will give me a $200 gift card to cover my travel and no more. If I don't come in I will be reported to DOJ. I told him I don't resp9nd well to threats. He said I'm not and I have 2 managers listening in on the call.

                            This seems ridiculous, I told them I will call them back Friday. I dont want a gift card to that ****hole. Any FFL guys reading this and have input?
                            The DOJ won't come to you, it's a bluff, they should bring you the paperwork to fix. Keep the guns.
                            Location: Olympic Peninsula Washington

                            NRA Member

                            Comment

                            • lordmorgul
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                              • Jul 2016
                              • 1203

                              Comment

                              • Maltese Falcon
                                Ordo Militaris Templi
                                CGN Contributor
                                • Feb 2009
                                • 6752

                                Originally posted by H8Mud
                                Just heard from The manager, he was rude. He claims DOJ requires the guns to be re DROS and 11 day hold no exexceptions. That they will give me a $200 gift card to cover my travel and no more. If I don't come in I will be reported to DOJ. I told him I don't resp9nd well to threats. He said I'm not and I have 2 managers listening in on the call.

                                This seems ridiculous, I told them I will call them back Friday. I dont want a gift card to that ****hole. Any FFL guys reading this and have input?
                                Post your thread link on the FFL forum and ask for input, these guys have seen just about everything. Good Luck.

                                .

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1