Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
,357 Revolver
Collapse
X
-
sigpic
Originally Posted by Cali-Shooter
To me, it was a fist-fight, except that I did not counter-attack. -
Carry/VehicleComment
-
Carry and or vehicleComment
-
Both you and Mr. Beretta have suggested S&W Model 28's. I completely agree, but the problem is where to find one. Unless you can do a FTF, you'd have to locate a C&R model. I believe most 28-2's, which are readily available on Gunbroker, will not qualify. Where do you suggest finding one?Last edited by ilaw; 06-25-2017, 6:37 PM.Comment
-
I know it's an unpopular opinion, but the S&W New Classics are pretty nice guns. As nice as an old one? No. But for a classic blue/walnut revolver you really don't have alot of choices for $900. And any desirable used Smith in Ca. will set you back just as much, but your resale will be better. Dan Wesson 15-2s were underpriced for a long time, but lately seem to be creeping up. I got a put together pistol pak (wrong box, no patch/buckle) with 2,4,6 and 8 barrels for well under a grand a couple years ago.Comment
-
Thank you for all the help.
I bought a S&W 586-4" Barrel.Comment
-
Comment
-
^^^^ This. I'd have advised that you look for a used LEO gun; holster worn, with few rounds down the tube and maybe have it reblued. The Model 28 Highway patrolman is .357/38 revolver built on S&W's 44 mag. "N" frame. It will take a lot of abuse and absorb a lot of recoil. If you buy it right it will only go up in value over time as a pre lock S&W magnum.
That said, a S&W 586 is an excellent choice in a new gun. Enjoy."Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue." ----Sen. Barry Goldwater
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin
NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA memberComment
-
maybe get lucky and find something like this, sold items in links below, for sale in a LGS
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF DESCRIPTION TO VIEW ALLPHOTOSSMITH & WESSON ~ PRE-MODEL 275-Inch BarrelMatching, Original Finish...Mfd 1956, C&RNO RESERVE
Comment
-
I have the GP100 6" stainless. A little longer than what your looking for but recoil is minimal in my opinion.Comment
-
Excellent choice. I just bought a 586-8 and recently got it to the range. All I can say is wow! They are GREAT shooters. I shot 38 and 357 loads. Both are a joy to shoot out of the 586. I am a S&W guy -- and the 586 is "all that."Comment
-
686 is your obvious choice but I'll just throw this out there
Taurus Tracker is about $100 less, holds 7, comes ported with a nice bright target front sight and adjustable rear sight and a really nice impact absorbing grip.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,558
Posts: 25,149,148
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,901
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 25630 users online. 142 members and 25488 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment