Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Is Nutnfancy having money problems?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #91
    mlevans66
    Calguns Addict
    • Oct 2009
    • 9516

    Originally posted by HopetonBrown


    What does this even mean?
    The liberal see's the glass as half full and tries to take more.
    The conservative see's glass as half empty and tries to keep it that way.
    I'm with the people on the side just pouring water in the glass trying to get a drink!

    Comment

    • #92
      Scratch705
      I need a LIFE!!
      • May 2009
      • 12537

      Originally posted by ChuckDizzle
      Absolutely, I'd wager most SASS guys could run through a military qual course with ease and 150 years old weapons.

      I'm a much better shooter today than I was when I was in.
      sure, but do you think those SASS guys would perform the same when the targets start shooting back?

      and to be fair, to more accurately compare top level USPSA/IDPA shooters to military, you should only compare to Special Operations guys, not the line grunts. the SO guys train constantly with their weapons like USPSA/IDPA folks.

      or else you are just comparing an average city driver vs pro-am driver on who can drive faster on the track. not exactly fair.
      Originally posted by leelaw
      Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
      Originally posted by SoCalSig1911
      Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
      Originally posted by PrepperGunShop
      Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).

      Comment

      • #93
        General
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2012
        • 1984

        Short and to the point! lol

        Last edited by General; 06-23-2017, 12:50 AM.

        Comment

        • #94
          Crazed_SS
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2005
          • 4114

          Originally posted by HopetonBrown
          Who's doing the instructing? You need an instructor to be training.
          Not really.

          Look at weight training. It helps to have an instructor show you how to excercise and what to do, but once you have it down, you can train on your own all day. Now once you want to move to a more advanced level of something, maybe you go seek out a new trainer to enhance your skills.

          This idea that going to a training course makes you some certified gun fighter is ridiculous. The course can teach you techniques and all that, but you have to train on your own in order to master the techniques and get better.
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #95
            ChuckDizzle
            Banned
            • Dec 2013
            • 4398

            Originally posted by Scratch705
            sure, but do you think those SASS guys would perform the same when the targets start shooting back?

            and to be fair, to more accurately compare top level USPSA/IDPA shooters to military, you should only compare to Special Operations guys, not the line grunts. the SO guys train constantly with their weapons like USPSA/IDPA folks.

            or else you are just comparing an average city driver vs pro-am driver on who can drive faster on the track. not exactly fair.
            No, they probably wouldn't, the military training I experienced had as much, maybe more, to do with mindset than skills. Live fire training was often conducted as part of an airborne operation, airfield seizure, ruck march, with some live fire mixed in there. The only time I remember just going and shooting was during qualification when scores needed to be maxed for promotion boards.

            Comment

            • #96
              cvigue
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2015
              • 1525

              Originally posted by Carcassonne
              He goes into detail, shows actual targets shot with different ammo, and tells the truth.

              I think a lot of people on these boards have a low attention span, and just want to see boobs and hear the sound of bullets hitting metal plates.


              .
              Boobs hitting metal plates would maybe work as well.

              Comment

              • #97
                Jason Singh
                Member
                • Mar 2016
                • 286

                If you get 5000 views a video, you will make roughly $100. Some youtubers post every day, and get 5k views a video and they make 100 a day and make 3k a month. Pretty good for youtube.

                Comment

                • #98
                  redrex
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2011
                  • 1277

                  Originally posted by Jason Singh
                  If you get 5000 views a video, you will make roughly $100. Some youtubers post every day, and get 5k views a video and they make 100 a day and make 3k a month. Pretty good for youtube.
                  Your estimate is way off, by about a factor of 10. You would 1 Million views per month to make $3k from Google Ad revenue. Most Youtubers who make good money make it from direct sponsored videos (The company pays them to make the video) or by directing people to buy something from them.

                  Here are some actual income/view number off of my channel.
                  Views Income
                  5122 $10.02
                  24,502 $56.99
                  56,968 $189.02
                  221,071 $678.86

                  I try to keep all my videos to around 10 min which is about the longest you can expect anyone to watch. Even still my average watch time is just over 6 min and at that I'm beating about 90% or youtubers.

                  All in all my channel does ok considering that I don't post nearly enough or manage to keep to my schedule of one video a week. My revenue per view is actually pretty high compared to most channels, mostly due to my subject matter. I do tool reviews. As such most of my audience are adult males who live in the US and have solid income levels. My $/view was unaffected by the recent apocalypse as my advertisers were not really concerned about broad market appeal and are more laser focused. Hell I only have just over $3k subs and I get free tools sent to me for review. Something that other channels won't see till they break the 50k sub level.

                  If you want a decent idea of how a channel is doing and how much they are making just use SocialBlade. Socialblade will show you a range for the estimated income. The lower number is the estimate just from Adsense. That is from what Google pays you. The higher numbers are based on what you should be able to make with third party advertisers.

                  As to the folks out there who keep up with the BS about "They shouldn't be making money from youtube" or "It shouldn't be their full time job". You people are dumber than an SF libtard. Producing media is hard, time consuming work. If you don't think they should get paid for I have two suggestions. A. Stop watching it. B. Tell your boss that you don't deserve a paycheck and are now willing to work for free. When you spout that crap all you are doing is shining a big old spotlight on your ignorance of the process. If you don't belive me then feel free to step up and prove it. Make a video and put it on Youtube on a new channel you just setup. If you can get
                  Semper Alacer

                  Comment

                  • #99
                    mjmagee67
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2011
                    • 2771

                    The funniest thing I've ever heard NuttinFancy say was "he doesn't like a trigger lighter than 5 lbs on a pistol, because any lighter and he gets AD's", After hearing him say that I can't take anything he says seriously. Really I can't stand him. If he knew anything about gun safety and running and gunning he would know, Keep The Booger Hook Off The Bang Button Until Your Sights Are On the Target".
                    If you want change you have to put in your 2 cents, you can't just sit on the sidelines and whine.

                    Comment

                    • Mitch
                      Mostly Harmless
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 6580

                      Originally posted by Crazed_SS
                      He can seem full of himself.
                      I've met him and he is full of himself.

                      I've never seen any of his videos.
                      Originally posted by cockedandglocked
                      Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.

                      Comment

                      • FCOD
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Oct 2008
                        • 3961

                        I like Hickok, Mrgunsngear and Twangnbang.
                        Nutn lost me after posting an hour long Glock cleaning video. 😆

                        Comment

                        • Carcassonne
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 2012
                          • 4897

                          Originally posted by dommypls
                          Literally no one is butthurt. There is a difference between appreciating videos that provide opinion based on technical data and scientific evaluation and herp derp videos made by some budget bill using 3 shot groupings as a basis of scientific evidence.

                          Do you have any videos based on technical data and scientific evaluation?

                          When he does videos on revolvers, his group size is for one cylinder (5, 6, 7, 8, etc rounds per cylinder).



                          .
                          Be sure to ask your doctor if depression, rectal bleeding, and suicide are right for you.

                          In the United States a person's expertise on a subject is inversely proportional to their knowledge of the subject: The less they know about something, the more they become an expert on it.

                          I am being held hostage in a giant insane asylum called Earth.

                          Comment

                          • geoint
                            Veteran Member
                            • Feb 2014
                            • 4385

                            Originally posted by NorCalFocus
                            One gun channel that I wouldn't care if it goes away.
                            Same here.


                            And I live in the same town nutnfancy does! I've bought 2 guns now at Gunnies and found them to be a decent FFL, def the best in the area.


                            But I can't stand his videos. I feel like if you googled "mall ninja" his face would pop up.

                            But what do you expect from an Air Force officer lol
                            Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt

                            I Hate California.

                            Comment

                            • smith629
                              Senior Member
                              • May 2009
                              • 885

                              Originally posted by Crazed_SS
                              I like his stuff alot. Problem is his videos are way too long lol.

                              No one has 50 minutes to just sit and watch a video.
                              Those of us without ADD like his long videos just fine. Most other gun videos are clickbait or a bunch of armchair gunners who just unbox and review on the spot. Of course their videos are just 2 minutes.

                              But keep on bashing him, he could care less.

                              Comment

                              • Formerlyknownas
                                Member
                                • Jul 2013
                                • 214

                                From personal experience working with a large company in the business. Tried to work with him few years back before he peaked and it was like trying to get the president to use your products. Egos waaaay too big

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1