Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Delete

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Sapperforward
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2010
    • 2928

    Originally posted by AreWeFree
    BS, try again. I've never seen that here, ever.
    My thoughts exactly. I have never seen someone here claim to have "purchased through the gun show loophole".

    Total fabrication




    Sent from my secret bunker using Tapatalk

    Comment

    • #17
      CenCal45
      Member
      • Jan 2016
      • 254

      The troll is strong with this one

      Comment

      • #18
        tozan
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2010
        • 1102

        Originally posted by Zbbt
        Ok maybe because I'm new to this site it was possibly being used sarcastically because here on calguns is where I seen the term being used. I.e" I used the gun show loophole to acquire my glock 43" and my apologies my iPhone turned glock into clock


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I would like to see a post that said that and for someone to state this on this forum I think is near impossible since it would be suggesting a totally illegal act that would be condemned on this forum....
        Last edited by tozan; 12-14-2016, 9:56 PM.
        A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you may never need one again.

        Comment

        • #19
          Mitch
          Mostly Harmless
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Mar 2008
          • 6580

          Originally posted by tozan
          I would like to see a post that said that and for someone to state this on this forum I think is near impossible since it would be suggesting a totally illegal act that would be condemned on this forum....
          I'm sure by "illegal" you meant "impossible."

          Anyway, whoever said it, if anyone did, was joking. "Gun show loophole" is a joke term around here. Eg:

          "Over the weekend I met this hot chick at the beach, she was cute and funny, and she agreed to go out with me because of the gun show loophole."

          Man, what a break. While driving to work today on the freeway a truck blew a tire right in front of me and skidded across two lanes but I was able to swerve and avoid him thanks to the gun show loophole."
          Originally posted by cockedandglocked
          Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.

          Comment

          • #20
            Mitch
            Mostly Harmless
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Mar 2008
            • 6580

            "You're not gonna believe this. I bought 1,000 shares of HIIQ in October at $4.48 per share, and now as a result of the gun show loophole my holdings are worth $13,200!"
            Originally posted by cockedandglocked
            Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.

            Comment

            • #21
              BrokerB
              Calguns Addict
              • Sep 2010
              • 5457

              The only ways youncan get a g43

              1) cop bought one and doesn't wantbit anymore and posts it for sale
              2) interfamily transfer. You can be gifted one from your mom/dad from out of state
              3) a person who got it through a cop/family transfer or thenild single **** exemption sells it to you

              Think I covered most. I own and carry a g19 gen4 daily. Bought a couple years ago during the SSE times. My mom and dad live in Florida but are not fans of firearms.....really too bad.
              Beans and Bullets

              Comment

              • #22
                Zbbt
                Junior Member
                • Aug 2013
                • 74

                Originally posted by AreWeFree
                BS, try again. I've never seen that here, ever.


                Some of you guys have sticks so far up your ** I don't know how you function in society. It's amazing some can be so negative that instead of thinking "ok, he's new maybe he doesn't know" you just spout your ignorance. Reminds me of the quote about wise men when in doubt stay silent ect. But clearly I'm dealing with the three stooges and not an educated human being
















                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                Comment

                • #23
                  NapalmCheese
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Feb 2011
                  • 5958

                  Meh, 'gun show loophole' means different things to different people.

                  To most of the people on this site it's a made up term by the liberal media to demonize the transfer of one person's property to another person without any government restrictions where allowed by law.

                  To the people that use that term on the news it means "being able to buy guns illegally because the only people at gun shows are scofflaws".

                  The truth is, it's somewhere in between. The argument goes like this:
                  Anit-Gunner: Any person can go to an AZ gun show and walk out with a gun!
                  2Aer: No, that is not true. A CA resident can't do that, it's illegal without having it transfered to a CA FFL.
                  AG: But non-dealers will still sell you a gun, breaking the law!
                  2Aer: So.... you're saying criminals will break the law?
                  AG: If background checks were required they wouldn't sell that gun!
                  2Aer: AZ residents that sell guns to CA residents without going through an FFL are already breaking the law, why would another law change that?
                  AG: But an AZ resident can buy a gun from another AZ resident without a background check!
                  2Aer: What's this have to do with the previous concern of a CA resident buying a gun from an AZ resident?
                  AG: That's how criminals buy guns! AZ criminals that can't buy guns from stores go to gun shows to buy guns from AZ residents so they don't have to pass a background check!
                  2Aer: That has nothing to do with CA. Even so, it's not illegal to sell your property.
                  AG: They should have to do a background check anytime a gun is transfered!
                  2Aer: Some people agree, others don't, still this has nothing to do with CA.
                  AG: But that criminal that bought that gun in AZ could sell that gun to a CA resident!
                  2Aer: So again, criminals will break the law...
                  AG: But if background checks were required for all gun transfers that criminal wouldn't have bought that gun in AZ and sold it to a CA resident.
                  2Aer: Unless they were buying it from another criminal or via straw purchase (a criminal act)
                  AG: But people that can pass background checks aren't criminals!
                  2Aer: Even if you want to believe that, criminals can coerce their non-criminal friends/family/SO to purchase guns for them as a straw purchase (making that person a criminal).
                  AG: There should be laws against straw purchases and strong background checks for every gun transfer!
                  2Aer: There are already laws against straw purchases....
                  AG: But if there were strong background checks the straw purchaser wouldn't be able to buy a gun to give to a criminal!
                  2Aer: Eh?
                  AG: Strong background checks and the abolition of semi-auto firearms will save our children that die every day from school shootings and irresponsible gun owners that don't store their guns locked up and unloaded!
                  2Aer: There's a lot to address in that last sentence, let me prepare a statement...
                  AG: It's for the children! Don't you love children! Do you know how many children are SLAUGHTERED each day! SLAIN and MAIMED as a RESULT OF GUN VIOLENCE! PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT DON'T CARE FOR THE INNOCENT YOU RACIST, VILE, POS ALL BECAUSE YOU WANT TO ENJOY YOUR HOBBY! YOU'RE THE WORST KIND OF TRASH!!!
                  2Aer: Okay, this is an emotional subject for you, but lets talk about the facts
                  AG: THE FACTS ARE THAT YOU KILL CHILDREN AND I DON'T FEEL SAFE AROUND YOU, HOW DARE YOU LIKE GUNS!
                  2Aer: *crap, if I leave now everyone will think they are right, if I don't leave now everyone will see that I'm arguing and think they are right*
                  2Aer: Listen, the gun show loophole isn't a
                  AG: STOP KILLING CHILDREN!
                  Calguns.net, where everyone responding to your post is a Navy Force Delta Recon 6 Sniperator.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Mitch
                    Mostly Harmless
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 6580

                    Some of those guys really are clueless tards.

                    Anyway, I highly recommend you attempt you insert "gun show loophole" into your casual conversation as much as possible.

                    "I aced my midterm last week thanks to the gun show loophole!"

                    "If it wasn't for the gun show loophole, I'd probably be living in a tent by now!"
                    Originally posted by cockedandglocked
                    Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Mitch
                      Mostly Harmless
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 6580

                      "I never bother with condoms, because of the gun show loophole."
                      Originally posted by cockedandglocked
                      Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Mitch
                        Mostly Harmless
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Mar 2008
                        • 6580

                        "The guy at the car lot wouldn't budge on his price for my trade-in, but I used the gun show loophole to get $1,700 more than his offer!"
                        Originally posted by cockedandglocked
                        Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Zbbt
                          Junior Member
                          • Aug 2013
                          • 74

                          Lol thanks! Now that I'm familiar with the terminology I see the correct way to use it. Being new I thought it legitimately was something I was missing!!


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Zbbt
                            Junior Member
                            • Aug 2013
                            • 74

                            Originally posted by NapalmCheese
                            Meh, 'gun show loophole' means different things to different people.



                            To most of the people on this site it's a made up term by the liberal media to demonize the transfer of one person's property to another person without any government restrictions where allowed by law.



                            To the people that use that term on the news it means "being able to buy guns illegally because the only people at gun shows are scofflaws".



                            The truth is, it's somewhere in between. The argument goes like this:

                            Anit-Gunner: Any person can go to an AZ gun show and walk out with a gun!

                            2Aer: No, that is not true. A CA resident can't do that, it's illegal without having it transfered to a CA FFL.

                            AG: But non-dealers will still sell you a gun, breaking the law!

                            2Aer: So.... you're saying criminals will break the law?

                            AG: If background checks were required they wouldn't sell that gun!

                            2Aer: AZ residents that sell guns to CA residents without going through an FFL are already breaking the law, why would another law change that?

                            AG: But an AZ resident can buy a gun from another AZ resident without a background check!

                            2Aer: What's this have to do with the previous concern of a CA resident buying a gun from an AZ resident?

                            AG: That's how criminals buy guns! AZ criminals that can't buy guns from stores go to gun shows to buy guns from AZ residents so they don't have to pass a background check!

                            2Aer: That has nothing to do with CA. Even so, it's not illegal to sell your property.

                            AG: They should have to do a background check anytime a gun is transfered!

                            2Aer: Some people agree, others don't, still this has nothing to do with CA.

                            AG: But that criminal that bought that gun in AZ could sell that gun to a CA resident!

                            2Aer: So again, criminals will break the law...

                            AG: But if background checks were required for all gun transfers that criminal wouldn't have bought that gun in AZ and sold it to a CA resident.

                            2Aer: Unless they were buying it from another criminal or via straw purchase (a criminal act)

                            AG: But people that can pass background checks aren't criminals!

                            2Aer: Even if you want to believe that, criminals can coerce their non-criminal friends/family/SO to purchase guns for them as a straw purchase (making that person a criminal).

                            AG: There should be laws against straw purchases and strong background checks for every gun transfer!

                            2Aer: There are already laws against straw purchases....

                            AG: But if there were strong background checks the straw purchaser wouldn't be able to buy a gun to give to a criminal!

                            2Aer: Eh?

                            AG: Strong background checks and the abolition of semi-auto firearms will save our children that die every day from school shootings and irresponsible gun owners that don't store their guns locked up and unloaded!

                            2Aer: There's a lot to address in that last sentence, let me prepare a statement...

                            AG: It's for the children! Don't you love children! Do you know how many children are SLAUGHTERED each day! SLAIN and MAIMED as a RESULT OF GUN VIOLENCE! PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT DON'T CARE FOR THE INNOCENT YOU RACIST, VILE, POS ALL BECAUSE YOU WANT TO ENJOY YOUR HOBBY! YOU'RE THE WORST KIND OF TRASH!!!

                            2Aer: Okay, this is an emotional subject for you, but lets talk about the facts

                            AG: THE FACTS ARE THAT YOU KILL CHILDREN AND I DON'T FEEL SAFE AROUND YOU, HOW DARE YOU LIKE GUNS!

                            2Aer: *crap, if I leave now everyone will think they are right, if I don't leave now everyone will see that I'm arguing and think they are right*

                            2Aer: Listen, the gun show loophole isn't a

                            AG: STOP KILLING CHILDREN!


                            Grade A post, thank you!


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              djhall
                              Member
                              • Jan 2013
                              • 306

                              Originally posted by NapalmCheese
                              The argument goes like this:
                              Anit-Gunner: Any person can go to an AZ gun show and walk out with a gun!
                              2Aer: No, that is not true. A CA resident can't do that, it's illegal without having it transfered to a CA FFL.
                              AG: But non-dealers will still sell you a gun, breaking the law!
                              2Aer: So.... you're saying criminals will break the law?
                              AG: If background checks were required they wouldn't sell that gun!
                              2Aer: AZ residents that sell guns to CA residents without going through an FFL are already breaking the law, why would another law change that?
                              AG: But an AZ resident can buy a gun from another AZ resident without a background check!
                              2Aer: What's this have to do with the previous concern of a CA resident buying a gun from an AZ resident?
                              AG: That's how criminals buy guns! AZ criminals that can't buy guns from stores go to gun shows to buy guns from AZ residents so they don't have to pass a background check!
                              2Aer: That has nothing to do with CA. Even so, it's not illegal to sell your property.
                              AG: They should have to do a background check anytime a gun is transfered!
                              2Aer: Some people agree, others don't, still this has nothing to do with CA.
                              AG: But that criminal that bought that gun in AZ could sell that gun to a CA resident!
                              2Aer: So again, criminals will break the law...
                              AG: But if background checks were required for all gun transfers that criminal wouldn't have bought that gun in AZ and sold it to a CA resident.
                              2Aer: Unless they were buying it from another criminal or via straw purchase (a criminal act)
                              AG: But people that can pass background checks aren't criminals!
                              2Aer: Even if you want to believe that, criminals can coerce their non-criminal friends/family/SO to purchase guns for them as a straw purchase (making that person a criminal).
                              AG: There should be laws against straw purchases and strong background checks for every gun transfer!
                              2Aer: There are already laws against straw purchases....
                              AG: But if there were strong background checks the straw purchaser wouldn't be able to buy a gun to give to a criminal!
                              2Aer: Eh?
                              AG: Strong background checks and the abolition of semi-auto firearms will save our children that die every day from school shootings and irresponsible gun owners that don't store their guns locked up and unloaded!
                              2Aer: There's a lot to address in that last sentence, let me prepare a statement...
                              AG: It's for the children! Don't you love children! Do you know how many children are SLAUGHTERED each day! SLAIN and MAIMED as a RESULT OF GUN VIOLENCE! PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT DON'T CARE FOR THE INNOCENT YOU RACIST, VILE, POS ALL BECAUSE YOU WANT TO ENJOY YOUR HOBBY! YOU'RE THE WORST KIND OF TRASH!!!
                              2Aer: Okay, this is an emotional subject for you, but lets talk about the facts
                              AG: THE FACTS ARE THAT YOU KILL CHILDREN AND I DON'T FEEL SAFE AROUND YOU, HOW DARE YOU LIKE GUNS!
                              2Aer: *crap, if I leave now everyone will think they are right, if I don't leave now everyone will see that I'm arguing and think they are right*
                              2Aer: Listen, the gun show loophole isn't a
                              AG: STOP KILLING CHILDREN!
                              You raise some good points, but I have two commonsense questions for you.

                              1) When did you lose your soul and stop caring about the innocent victims of gun violence?

                              2) Why is your heart so filled with hate that you want to see more people die just so you can own a gun in an attempt to compensate for your insecurity about your masculinity?

                              Also, since we are trying to have a civil, logical, and commonsense discussion about this, I would appreciate it if you would refrain from making your responses personal, angry, and defensive.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                SmallShark
                                Senior Member
                                • May 2011
                                • 1395

                                i would call it "parking lot loophole"

                                it is not a loophole, it is simply unprohibited

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1