Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Delete

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Zbbt
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2013
    • 74

    Delete

    Can we delete please. I was simply asking to clarify an unknown term. Not to incite argumentative responses. Thanks
    Last edited by Zbbt; 12-17-2016, 2:04 PM.
  • #2
    P5Ret
    Calguns Addict
    • Oct 2010
    • 6397

    There is no such thing. It is a made up term by the media for person to person sales, in state's where it is legal to do so without using a FFL dealer.

    Comment

    • #3
      pluke the 2
      Senior Member
      • May 2012
      • 1926

      Gun show loophole is a term fabricated by liberal media.

      Comment

      • #4
        HighWildFree
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2011
        • 2103

        Who the heck were you talking too?
        "Bangarang Peter!"

        Comment

        • #5
          stix213
          AKA: Joe Censored
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Apr 2009
          • 19002

          It is a media term trying to convince the public that gun shows are some wild west regarding unpapered firearm transfers. It is largely a flat out lie, as most gun sales at gun shows are done by dealers and dealers are required to process transfers at gun shows the same as if they were in their shop (meaning requires background check).

          The only bit of truth at all is private party transfers. In many states, but not in California, it is perfectly legal for a private individual to sell their private property to another individual without seeking the permission of the government. This isn't really a loophole anymore than selling your Xbox to someone without government involvement creates an Xbox loophole.

          Comment

          • #6
            71MUSTY
            Calguns Addict
            • Mar 2014
            • 7029

            Originally posted by Zbbt
            I'm just curious what exactly his is as I've seen people mentioning getting gen 4 clocks this way. Can anyone explain how i can accomplish this if it's possible? I'd really like a g43 but if not no biggie


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Actually it is a real thing. Because here in California people can not buy from private parties and because the roster prevents dealers from selling many weapons you will find that Gun shows in California don't have many guns.


            Instead they have over priced things like jerky and as you mentioned Clocks. I don't know what a Gen 4 Clock is but I think the odds are good they will have one.


            Many many years ago you could go to a gun show and buy a gun with no ID and no background check. Politicians called this "The Gun Show Loophole". In California and many states you can no longer do this, but politicians like saying "The Gun Show Loophole" because it sounds so cool.
            Only slaves don't need guns

            Originally posted by epilepticninja
            Americans vs. Democrats
            We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross


            We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.


            What doesn't kill me, better run

            Comment

            • #7
              Zbbt
              Junior Member
              • Aug 2013
              • 74

              Ok maybe because I'm new to this site it was possibly being used sarcastically because here on calguns is where I seen the term being used. I.e" I used the gun show loophole to acquire my glock 43" and my apologies my iPhone turned glock into clock


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment

              • #8
                71MUSTY
                Calguns Addict
                • Mar 2014
                • 7029

                Originally posted by Zbbt
                Ok maybe because I'm new to this site it was possibly being used sarcastically because here on calguns is where I seen the term being used. I.e" I used the gun show loophole to acquire my glock 43" and my apologies my iPhone turned glock into clock


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Must have been sarcastic. Sorry to bag on you OP. Basically it doesn't exist in California.


                Welcome to CalGuns.

                Since your new here I'll give you another to bring you up to speed.

                Last edited by 71MUSTY; 12-14-2016, 10:56 AM.
                Only slaves don't need guns

                Originally posted by epilepticninja
                Americans vs. Democrats
                We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross


                We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.


                What doesn't kill me, better run

                Comment

                • #9
                  Garv the innocent
                  RSG Minion, Senior
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Apr 2014
                  • 9076

                  Originally posted by Zbbt
                  Ok maybe because I'm new to this site.....
                  Member for over 3 years is new?
                  Hand me my baby bottle.
                  Sorry, could not resist.

                  Come on in and spend some more time with us.

                  Most of the smart-aleck comments are not meant to be mean.
                  (Notice I said "most"?)
                  Originally posted by Kestryll:
                  It never fails to amuse me how people get outraged but fail to tell the whole story in their rants....

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    djhall
                    Member
                    • Jan 2013
                    • 306

                    Originally posted by Garv
                    Member for over 3 years is new?
                    Hand me my baby bottle.
                    Sorry, could not resist.

                    Come on in and spend some more time with us.

                    Most of the smart-aleck comments are not meant to be mean.
                    (Notice I said "most"?)
                    Yeah, I once asked the best place to meet local guys to shoot with.... I should have known Craigslist personals Men seeking Men would be the number one answer.

                    If they give you a bit of a hard time you're fine. I'd worry more if you give them an opening but no one takes it.

                    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Zbbt
                      Junior Member
                      • Aug 2013
                      • 74

                      Haha thanks guys, that video is comedy. And I wonder why it says three years maybe I registered way back before I started using it. But love the community and being an avid ca gun owner I can never take education for granted


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        kozumasbullitt
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 2912

                        I was able to pick up my clocks through a loophole, but there is no such loophole in CA for firearms.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          AreWeFree
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2013
                          • 4558

                          Originally posted by Zbbt
                          Ok maybe because I'm new to this site it was possibly being used sarcastically because here on calguns is where I seen the term being used. I.e" I used the gun show loophole to acquire my glock 43" and my apologies my iPhone turned glock into clock


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          BS, try again. I've never seen that here, ever.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Cokebottle
                            Seņor Member
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Oct 2009
                            • 32373

                            In California, the only "Gun Show Loophole" is that you don't have to go to Trader Joe's to buy beef jerky.
                            - Rich

                            Originally posted by dantodd
                            A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              phonso302
                              Senior Member
                              • Feb 2013
                              • 659

                              I used the loophole all the time. Tell the wife I'm going out to buy jerky but leave out the gun show part out. Come home with tons of jerky

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1