Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Why FDE?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    Schutzman
    Banned
    • Sep 2012
    • 261

    Super Set, love that modern day cowboy lever action rifle. Bad ***

    Comment

    • #47
      SuperSet
      Calguns Addict
      • Feb 2007
      • 9048

      Originally posted by Schutzman
      Super Set, love that modern day cowboy lever action rifle. Bad ***
      I just found that on the internetz and admired that dude's style. He really went for it!

      Comment

      • #48
        hermosabeach
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Feb 2009
        • 19836

        when in the sun, it does not get as hot
        Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

        Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

        Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

        Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
        (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

        Comment

        • #49
          Mopar Guy
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2014
          • 615

          Originally posted by stormvet
          But most toy guns are black...with an orange tip.
          Agree...I have an FDE build..they are fun...I won't paint any of my CCW pistols or get some factory lower that gives it a two tone look...I don't think it would matter that much...just in-case...I want it clear that it is what it is..and it is - it will go bang. (my preference). Yet, I would never tell someone with a CCW that a two tone gun is a risk since it will be used against some type of deadly threat - it can be pink but if it stops the threat..it stops the threat. Just a preference.

          Comment

          • #50
            NYT
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Apr 2011
            • 3811

            Originally posted by stormvet
            it's it all about diversity nowadays, you need guns in black, brown, green and gray. The only unacceptable color for firearms is not surprisingly white.
            id been down for one of these:

            Comment

            • #51
              DDM4556
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Jun 2014
              • 2601

              Originally posted by heidad01
              This. Seriously.

              FDE is for those who do Sniper duty in the desert and ODG is for the same folks/work in the jungle warfare. Buying those guns just to shoot at the city range does not make you an Operator of any kind. They just look cheap and K-Marty and in most cases accentuate the plastic looks of most guns (read Glock, HK, etc) that come in those colors.

              Guns are supposed to be Blued, black, or stainless. Otherwise they look like cheap imported plastic Chinese toys. Well, unless if you are a ninja.
              I'm with ya.
              iTrader: 52 transactions, 100% positive.

              Comment

              • #52
                stormvet
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Mar 2010
                • 12681

                Jon Snow needs one of those for the white walkers.
                Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

                Comment

                • #53
                  stormvet
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Mar 2010
                  • 12681

                  Originally posted by Mopar Guy
                  Agree...I have an FDE build..they are fun...I won't paint any of my CCW pistols or get some factory lower that gives it a two tone look...I don't think it would matter that much...just in-case...I want it clear that it is what it is..and it is - it will go bang. (my preference). Yet, I would never tell someone with a CCW that a two tone gun is a risk since it will be used against some type of deadly threat - it can be pink but if it stops the threat..it stops the threat. Just a preference.
                  Guns I carry that are other then black
                  G-23 DE
                  G-23 Full DE
                  G-27 OD
                  G-19 OD
                  Guns I carry that are black.
                  G-43
                  G-19
                  1911-4 different ones
                  Color makes no difference, they are all the same. Get what you like.
                  Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    cantdance
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2014
                    • 919

                    FDE doesn't clash with my wardrobe.

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      bruss01
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Feb 2006
                      • 5336

                      I've always liked OD but when building our first AR's I gave the wife first choice and she called it. Since then it's sort of become a standard in this house, her "shtf" gear is OD and mine FDE. This way we don't get it mixed up because they're mostly otherwise identical and we're both fussy/possessive about our stuff.
                      The one thing worse than defeat is surrender.

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        wild_weasel
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 1257

                        Originally posted by NinjaNinja
                        Because its cool.


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Tacticool?
                        sigpic
                        Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          glock_this
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Dec 2005
                          • 8225

                          What you should really be asking is... why pink?

                          10 +1 in the chamber

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            NYT
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Apr 2011
                            • 3811

                            Originally posted by glock_this
                            What you should really be asking is... why pink?

                            id get this for my niece:

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              NinjaNinja
                              Member
                              • Dec 2015
                              • 480

                              Originally posted by wild_weasel
                              Tacticool?


                              Super-secret-operator-SF-ranger tacticool

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                damngato
                                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                                CGN Contributor
                                • Apr 2012
                                • 3393

                                I have to agree. I don't have any FDE firearms and would only purchase one if it could be had at a great price. Don't mind most of the other colors but never been a big FDE fan. To each their own
                                Link for feedback -

                                https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...4#post28181454

                                WTB:
                                Off Roster CZs
                                Off Roster Sigs
                                Off Roster FNs
                                Pre-Lock S&Ws

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1