Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Gun ranges during the Superbowl: packed or empty?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    kentactic
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2012
    • 1127

    Originally posted by 97F1504RAD
    Well apparently not this time.
    I can't comprehend what isn't written. Quick, tell me what he meant before he replies and show me your superior reading comprehension.

    Comment

    • #32
      Kmai24
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2013
      • 1220

      Originally posted by SB1964
      I went to American shooting center which is always packed, on S Bowl last year. It was maybe 1 pm & I was told "an hour or two" I went down the street, lit a large cigar & took my time. Right before the game I went back to test some stuff....crickets. Did some shooting, dialed in a rifle or two & went to the party. I didn't miss much. Great day for lake fishing too!

      Originally posted by kentactic
      You need to specify that another adult tells you what to do with your free time. I read that three times before I figured out that your wife or girlfriend told you "an hour or two". I thought the range you were trying to shoot at was closed or something. Having someone tell you how to spend your free time is totally foreign to me(aside from my childhood). I'm confident I'm not alone in this.
      ^^ that escalated fast!!

      My take on what was originally posted was that the range was packed when he got there so the guy at the counter/check in told him that the wait will be an hour or 2 before he gets a lane. So to kill some time he went up the street to smoke a big fat stogie at his pleasure. Then he came back and the range was empty so he was able to dial in some rifles and also got some shooting in. He was able to catch some of the game as well so all in all he had a good day.

      How'd I do? Did I nail it or was I off?
      Last edited by Kmai24; 02-05-2016, 9:10 PM.

      Comment

      • #33
        kentactic
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2012
        • 1127

        Originally posted by Kmai24
        ^^ that escalated fast!!
        Don't act like you're not impressed(Ron Burgundy voice)

        Comment

        • #34
          sherm2954
          Member
          • Jul 2009
          • 336

          Empty. Best days of the year are Stupor Bowl and Easter.

          Comment

          • #35
            Agent 0range
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2012
            • 1040

            Originally posted by kentactic
            I can't comprehend what isn't written. Quick, tell me what he meant before he replies and show me your superior reading comprehension.
            I read the post once and took it as though there was a 1-2 hour wait for a lane so he left, had a cigar, went back around game time, and found the place had emptied out. Apparently everyone that was there wanted to be home in time for the game.
            Originally posted by Mezcalfud
            Because a Glock looks great in the case and then when you take it home it feels like you're holding a Costco pack of Kielbasa.

            Comment

            • #36
              kentactic
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2012
              • 1127

              Originally posted by Agent 0range
              I read the post once and took it as though there was a 1-2 hour wait for a lane so he left, had a cigar, went back around game time, and found the place had emptied out. Apparently everyone that was there wanted to be home in time for the game.
              If I had to GUESS I'd now take your yours.

              But again, we're still guessing.

              Comment

              • #37
                97F1504RAD
                Calguns Addict
                • Dec 2008
                • 6319

                Originally posted by kentactic
                I can't comprehend what isn't written. Quick, tell me what he meant before he replies and show me your superior reading comprehension.
                He was saying he went to the range and there was a multi hour wait so he went and had a cigar then went back later and the place was empty. It's pretty straight forward to me.

                Comment

                • #38
                  kentactic
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2012
                  • 1127

                  Originally posted by 97F1504RAD
                  He was saying he went to the range and there was a multi hour wait so he went and had a cigar then went back later and the place was empty. It's pretty straight forward to me.
                  So now three of us are guessing this. Let's wait and see if we're right.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    97F1504RAD
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 6319

                    Originally posted by kentactic
                    So now three of us are guessing this. Let's wait and see if we're right.
                    No not guessing that is what he put. Seems a few of us understood it but not you. Not sure what else to tell you.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      DRoberts12345
                      Member
                      • Jan 2011
                      • 477

                      Originally posted by jeager
                      I know its a good day at the ski resorts!
                      Ditto

                      I loved super bowl Sunday. The parking lot was full, the bar was full and the slopes had me and a few other skiers that didn't know or care who was playing.
                      My worst day shooting is better than my best day at work.

                      The power of Gun free Zones https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=hnBWa_xJz6A


                      In California we're called "Wacko right-wing gun toting nut jobs with an arsenal" most other states just call us People.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        kentactic
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2012
                        • 1127

                        Originally posted by 97F1504RAD
                        No not guessing that is what he put. Seems a few of us understood it but not you. Not sure what else to tell you.
                        You say "it's what he put" as if language can be objectively interpreted. Is it likely what he implied? Seems so at this point. But, you cannot claim it is indefinitely what he has implied until he says so. Even then it doesn't render your prior interpretation preemptively correct. It lives and dies by his implied meaning.To make my point more clear, if he were to say that your interpretation were not actually what he had implied, you couldn't tell him he was wrong. Whatever he means by his words is correct, assuming he's not lying about what he meant when he wrote it. You might be 99% sure but if you're 100% sure you're a fool.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          Fill
                          Member
                          • Dec 2010
                          • 331

                          Is this guy for real?

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            97F1504RAD
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 6319

                            Wow just wow.

                            Seems to me we know who the fool is.
                            Last edited by 97F1504RAD; 02-05-2016, 9:56 PM.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              BigFatGuy
                              Veteran Member
                              • Oct 2010
                              • 3176

                              Originally posted by geoint
                              So anybody not into watching football is automatically a nerd?

                              I mean I do love to read and write fantasy, binge watch my shows on netflix, read up on American, medieval or Roman history, sit on my beach chair while eating cheez-its and Ive started watching movies and TV shows in spanish to expand my understanding/vocabulary. (My moms Colombian and taught me spanish but I never used it much so I have plenty of room to improve).

                              Well uhh... I guess I kind of am a nerd lol. But Im a nerd with guns so its all good, amigo
                              I have two degrees in engineering, build space craft for a living, and teach at a local university.

                              "Nerd" is a compliment.
                              NRA Patron Member

                              I've written up my ongoing adventures as I learn to hunt.

                              Yes, you CAN fit a case of shotgun shells into a .50cal ammo can.

                              I think i found an optimal solution for ammo can labeling.


                              I made this target for the NRA's Marksman pistol test. I think it's a lot better than the paper plate they suggest.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                BigFatGuy
                                Veteran Member
                                • Oct 2010
                                • 3176

                                and, let me just say, this forum continues to impress me with the way we can all have a simple discussion about something as pleasant as spending a day shooting at a half-empty range without getting into stupid fights and pissing matches.

                                Really.

                                See this? This is my impressed face.
                                NRA Patron Member

                                I've written up my ongoing adventures as I learn to hunt.

                                Yes, you CAN fit a case of shotgun shells into a .50cal ammo can.

                                I think i found an optimal solution for ammo can labeling.


                                I made this target for the NRA's Marksman pistol test. I think it's a lot better than the paper plate they suggest.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1