Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Gotta vent about Turners

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    cwilliams
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2012
    • 1244

    Ahhh....the monthly Turner's vent.

    Does everyone feel better?

    Oh yeah, shameless plug for 2A Zone. Jamie and Sandra are the best people you'll ever work with. I haven't bought a gun from anywhere else since they've been in business.

    Comment

    • #62
      cnj
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2004
      • 1275

      Originally posted by cwilliams
      Oh yeah, shameless plug for 2A Zone. Jamie and Sandra are the best people you'll ever work with. I haven't bought a gun from anywhere else since they've been in business.
      I don't disagree one bit there. I wish they were closer. I would go through them for every purchase.
      "Bye Felicia!" - Said by me, as I looked at Kalfornia in my rearview for the last time, 9/22/17.
      NRA member
      My experience is from the '80's and '90's, when mullets ruled the world!
      If azzholes could fly, this place would be an airport!
      I support gun control.....if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it!
      You go ahead and give peace a chance. I'll cover you if it doesn't work out!

      Comment

      • #63
        V13
        Junior Member
        • Jan 2016
        • 81

        Originally posted by cwilliams
        Ahhh....the monthly Turner's vent.

        Does everyone feel better?

        Oh yeah, shameless plug for 2A Zone. Jamie and Sandra are the best people you'll ever work with. I haven't bought a gun from anywhere else since they've been in business.

        Do you have his email? They are in rancho right?


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment

        • #64
          VMCJ-3
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2012
          • 627

          If Turners would let me, I would park myself in a folding chair with an ice chest just to listen to the FUD and buffalo bagels that come from behind the counter.

          It's hilarious.
          Then said He unto them...
          "and he that hath no 1911 designed by my servant John Moses Browning,
          let him sell his garment and buy one."
          And they said, "Lord, behold, here are two Glocks."
          And He said unto them, "Meh, it's a good start."

          Luke 22:36-38 (somewhat paraphrased)

          Comment

          • #65
            cwilliams
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2012
            • 1244

            Originally posted by V13
            Do you have his email? They are in rancho right?


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

            I'll do you one better -

            2nd Amendment Zone: California gun store with locations in Upland and Riverside. Firearms, ammunition, optics, and tactical gear in-stock. CA-legal selection, FFL transfers, expert staff.


            Contact information is on there as well as updated inventory. Yes, they are in Rancho.

            Comment

            • #66
              V13
              Junior Member
              • Jan 2016
              • 81

              Originally posted by cwilliams
              I'll do you one better -

              2nd Amendment Zone: California gun store with locations in Upland and Riverside. Firearms, ammunition, optics, and tactical gear in-stock. CA-legal selection, FFL transfers, expert staff.


              Contact information is on there as well as updated inventory. Yes, they are in Rancho.

              Thank you! I believe I read he will release to undetermined so I'm going to try and get an appointment. They were recommended on a boating site I'm on too [emoji106]


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment

              • #67
                beardog308
                Banned
                • Feb 2014
                • 577

                My last PTT at the Orange location was only 35 minutes at 5:15 on a weekday. The San Berdoo location let my dog hang out in the store on a hot summer afternoon. As for their prices, they had a left handed Ruger GSR for a hundred less than Bullseye which I found out right after I ordered it at Bullseye.

                Comment

                • #68
                  SunsetIE
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2013
                  • 2108

                  Originally posted by cnj
                  I THINK Ammo Bros does as well.
                  As a side note, after probably 100+ times of being in gun stores over 25 years, I have never even one time seen anyone take a picture of a firearm they looked at or were buying. Must be some new thing.
                  Maybe it's a generational thing. Im a 90s baby and coud operate a PC by age 3, vs my 82 year old grand mother, that still uses a flip phone.

                  Ammo bros has let me take pictures without issue, one employee actually encouraged it during a ppt there.

                  I love how turners has to be nazi with the paperwork, but the rental agreement you can use for POR doesn't have to be notarized or anything. You could fill it out in the parking lot and walk back in and buy a pistol.

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    mikeinla
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Aug 2007
                    • 1916

                    Originally posted by Soginator
                    People still buy at Turners? Other than having good inventory, their prices tend to be crap.

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      I Swan
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Sep 2010
                      • 8770

                      Originally posted by VMCJ-3
                      If Turners would let me, I would park myself in a folding chair with an ice chest just to listen to the FUD and buffalo bagels that come from behind the counter.

                      It's hilarious.
                      That could be done at most gun shops and comes from both sides of the counter. What is a buffalo bagel? As for dogs I think it is against Turners policy to bring a dog in the shop. So that was nice they allowed it on a hot day.

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        beardog308
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2014
                        • 577

                        Originally posted by I Swan
                        That could be done at most gun shops and comes from both sides of the counter. What is a buffalo bagel? As for dogs I think it is against Turners policy to bring a dog in the shop. So that was nice they allowed it on a hot day.
                        He's a very well trained hunting dog. (Weimaraner) He sat at my side the whole time while I did the paperwork for a HK USP.

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          Bullitt01
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 2013
                          • 3905

                          I have had very good days at Turners and some bad days. Remember, some of the small gun stores don't like messing around with a PPT...and they will tell you as much!

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            zan101
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                            • Jan 2014
                            • 242

                            Turners' salespeople are paranoid. I did a ppt and the pistol I purchased came with 15 round mags that were blocked and epoxied and the manager asked me to take them home while she was in jail because he didn't want to have "high capacity mags" in his store.

                            Comment

                            • #74
                              The Gleam
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Feb 2011
                              • 13405

                              Originally posted by Bushwack44
                              I've done several ppts the past three years and doing one at Turners bites (especially when you're the buyer)!

                              I understand there's a general process/procedure that must be done. But only Turner's has the paperwork reviewed twice by two others besides the rep who helped complete the form. And then the most minute (and comical) issue seems to be picked up. In this case, my 40 minutes there (strating from the time I was helped) was extended another 25 minutes due to semantics.

                              In my case, my CDL has my condo number written as "Condo XXXX" while the utility bill I submitted for proof of residency has it as "apt (apartment) XXXX". Supervisor #2 who reviewed the paperwork found this to be a problem. After a few minutes of calmly explaining to him I have no control how my condo unit is described, I went to my car to get my gas bill, which also has it as "apt". Dude still had a problem with it. I then went back to get my car registration, where fortunately it has written Condo XXXX (like my CDL).

                              Am I venting over nothing or am I right in saying the supervisor was wrong to make an issue of this? My unit number was the same on all docs. I passed the background check. Dude didn't want to take responsibility over an "executive" decision whether to accept 'condo' and 'apt' as being one in the same.
                              That is just plain idiotic.

                              DOJ, Post Office, the DMV, IRS, Utilities, or whomever that relies on addresses, would not care if you called it Condo, Apartment, Suite, Box, Unit, Room, Flat, Studio, Bunk, Lovepad, or whatever - it's the number that counts.

                              For example, if the ONLY thing you included was the number and didn't call it anything, you'll still get you mail/tax-bill/bills, car-registration, LA City Attorney "Purchaser Letter" because the number is all that counts.

                              Stupid.
                              -----------------------------------------------
                              Originally posted by Librarian
                              What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

                              If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?

                              Comment

                              • #75
                                Glocked@45
                                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                                • Mar 2013
                                • 1025

                                I have never had a terrible experience with them although, I do not care for the attitude of some the sales people. My last purchase they allowed me to purchase a Saiga they day before they went on sale and gave me the sales price.

                                I also purchase from Alamo pawn and Gun effects. I am doing my first purchase with 2a zone tonight.

                                I would rather have Turners then not to have them.
                                Last edited by Glocked@45; 01-30-2016, 3:02 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1