Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Why used for new prices???

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    I Swan
    Calguns Addict
    • Sep 2010
    • 8770

    Originally posted by ke6guj

    when I am buying used, I do the same thing, I calculate exactly what it would cost me to acquire that firearm from my local FFL with all the taxes and any shipping/transfer fees and then determine if I save enough money buying used to deal with the hassle of a PPT.

    This is good logic. I do the same when contemplating purchasing an on list in production gun on CGN. I recently made a fair offer on a used gun I "lowballed" $35 less on a OBO marked sale post. Guy said no. If OBO how much less would he take, $5?

    I didn't bother making a counter offer. I have a hard time paying too close to new on a used gun because I have a FFL friend I can get a free transfer out of from time to time. I don't use that perk much though because most my gun collection focus is on older out of production guns and milsurps. I still buy most my guns through brick and mortar shops and gun shows and such.

    Comment

    Working...
    UA-8071174-1