Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Just ANOTHER Saiga-12 conversion

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Fred Foobar
    Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 128

    Just ANOTHER Saiga-12 conversion

    Because I am an attention whore, I figured I'd post up a separate thread on my S12 conversion. Actually, I figured the pic post is for pics only, this thread is for questions/comments.

    Here is my S12 conversion in process:


    Parts list:
    Magpul UBR stock
    JagerTroop strikeplate
    R&R Targets stock adapter
    SaigaTech trigger guard
    eBay Bullet Button
    Tromix bolt-on charging handle
    AlumaliteUSA "Halo" barrel shroud
    Primary Arms MicroDot, Gen 3
    S&B buckshot
    AGP Arms clear 10-round mag (no longer being made)
    Monolith Arms Halo rail (no longer being made)



    And before the haters jump in, the UBR is permanently fixed/pinned in place so it does not collapse/expand. If you look real close at the rear most hole, you can see where I drilled a hole through the stock and the buffer tube and some of the spillover from where I epoxied the roll pin in place.
  • #2
    Shady
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2010
    • 3413

    damn dude
    mines in peices right now

    Comment

    • #3
      Shady
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2010
      • 3413

      damn dude
      mines in peices right now

      Comment

      • #4
        Shady
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2010
        • 3413

        damn dude
        mines in pieces right now

        Comment

        • #5
          HalfMeltingEyes
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2009
          • 977

          I like the charging handle.

          Comment

          • #6
            247Nino
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2009
            • 1858

            Originally posted by HalfMeltingEyes
            I like the charging handle.
            fits on most AK carriers,




            Your S-12 looks like its got some money into it!

            How's that mag-lock working for you? is there any play on it?
            Maybe you can post some close up pictures of how it's mounted because the ebay pic sucks, for others who might be interested.
            Saiga 12 IZ-109
            FML-47 AK Pistols
            RUST BLUING MY M70B1/AB2

            EVERYTHING IS EVERYTHING

            Comment

            • #7
              Fred Foobar
              Member
              • Jun 2009
              • 128

              Originally posted by 247Nino
              fits on most AK carriers,




              Your S-12 looks like its got some money into it!

              How's that mag-lock working for you? is there any play on it?
              Maybe you can post some close up pictures of how it's mounted because the ebay pic sucks, for others who might be interested.
              I do have a few bucks into this beast.

              Around $500 for the base S12. I picked up the UBR on sale for $200.00 shipped a while ago. I was going to put it on a SPR, but went with the LMT SOPMOD instead so it was just sitting in my parts box. I could've went with an airsoft knockoff if I looked around (especially since I was going to drill it), but it was just collecting dust.

              I got the HALO rail used for about $200 on ebay, Chaos rails are $175 with the HK sights (that's on my other build).

              The barrel shroud was around $85 IIRC, and the red dot was around $60 due to it being a blem. The clear mag was $50.

              The mag lock is actually secure. It has a little rat tail in the back (towards the trigger guard) that fits in one of the holes in the receiver after you take out the stock T/G. It pivots in place and then is held in by a bolt that goes through the mag catch and replaces the stock pin. There is no side to side or front to back movement. If it were just held in place with the mag catch it probably could wiggle back and forth, but the tail locks it in place solidly.

              I think I have an extra one laying around that I was going to use for a Tromix conversion but never got around to. I'll see if I can post pics tonight.

              Comment

              • #8
                Bellehood
                Member
                • Nov 2009
                • 187

                i thought I recognized this picture from ZS forum...
                Jobs I have had, payed for by your tax dollars:
                -Sandbag-filler who carries around a 203
                -Sandbag-filler who carries around a 249
                -Sandbag-filler who carries around a radio
                -That guy, who when given a single, normal M4, hides in the Bradley, and sleeps.

                Comment

                • #9
                  WTSGDYBBR
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2010
                  • 2159

                  Came out sick . I'm still looking for someone to convert mine.
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    BamBam-31
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    • Dec 2005
                    • 5318

                    Want. Clear. Mags.

                    [Jedi] Sell me yours. [/Jedi]
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Blk04SR
                      Member
                      • Apr 2008
                      • 148

                      Looking good!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        shortround1
                        Senior Member
                        • Jul 2010
                        • 993

                        Who could hate such an awesome piece?
                        So um... moon labia or something.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          professorhard
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2008
                          • 2328

                          epic man, epic
                          God, grant me the serenity
                          To accept the things I cannot change;
                          The courage to change the things I can;
                          And the wisdom to know the difference.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            762.DEFENSE
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Aug 2010
                            • 6314

                            I have the tromix charging handle on my Draco Pistol as well...love it! Good choice and a definite sweet build!

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              gunwurkz
                              Member
                              • May 2010
                              • 342

                              Nice build

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1