Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Benelli Supernova vs Remington 870 vs Benelli Nova

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #91
    TripleThreat
    CGN Contributor
    • Mar 2012
    • 2642

    Do you care where the safety is located? I do.

    Mossberg 590 FTW.

    Triple
    1911 "The MILF of handguns"

    LINK: 9mm Shootout: BHP vs 92A1 vs SP-01 vs P-01

    Comment

    • #92
      Nickbowen5
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2013
      • 570

      Originally posted by TripleThreat
      Do you care where the safety is located? I do.

      Mossberg 590 FTW.

      Triple
      not really. It's not a home defense gun. It's a hunting gun
      WTS AR-15 Parts: BCG, CH, Buffer tube kit, M4 Stock, Blackhawk! Stock
      http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=785154

      Comment

      • #93
        Nickbowen5
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2013
        • 570

        Originally posted by LightsOut!
        Mossberg 500 Combo

        /thread
        I'm going to buy the Benelli Nova once I get back from NY. Thanks for your help and advice
        WTS AR-15 Parts: BCG, CH, Buffer tube kit, M4 Stock, Blackhawk! Stock
        http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=785154

        Comment

        • #94
          DBADRAT
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2009
          • 1801

          Buy what fits you and your budget, you cant go wrong.
          NRA Life Member

          Comment

          • #95
            LightsOut!
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2012
            • 2503

            Originally posted by Nickbowen5
            I'm going to buy the Benelli Nova once I get back from NY. Thanks for your help and advice
            That's cool, np. Buy right, or buy twice.

            Comment

            • #96
              CK_32
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Sep 2010
              • 14369

              Value wise

              1st 500 - For the pice great shot gun. As long as you dont want a pretty gun.

              2nd 870 - another great gun. Slightly more expencive than the 500 only because it has a "cleaner" looking fit and finish

              3rd Nova - Its a benelli so its a good gun. But your also paying a bit more for that. Again still a good gun and will probably have a good resale value.


              While on resale 870s and 500's also have great resale being Americas shot guns. Benelli is known more for its higher ends (trab and tactical semi guns like the M2/M4)
              For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

              What's Your Caliber??


              My Youtube channel

              Comment

              • #97
                Nickbowen5
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2013
                • 570

                Originally posted by CK_32
                Value wise

                1st 500 - For the pice great shot gun. As long as you dont want a pretty gun.

                2nd 870 - another great gun. Slightly more expencive than the 500 only because it has a "cleaner" looking fit and finish

                3rd Nova - Its a benelli so its a good gun. But your also paying a bit more for that. Again still a good gun and will probably have a good resale value.


                While on resale 870s and 500's also have great resale being Americas shot guns. Benelli is known more for its higher ends (trab and tactical semi guns like the M2/M4)
                Thanks. I think I'm set on the Benelli now. Kind of even considering a Supernova over the Nova. I couldn't stand the rattle of the Mossberg so that is now out of the question. And although the Remington 870 appealed to me from the beginning, the fact that I keep hearing that they are not as good as they used to be and their failure to feed problems combined with the part that requires the workmanship of a gunsmith to remove and replace have kind of turned me off. I have heard nothing but good about Benelli
                WTS AR-15 Parts: BCG, CH, Buffer tube kit, M4 Stock, Blackhawk! Stock
                http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=785154

                Comment

                • #98
                  BroncoBob
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 6019

                  I've owned at Mossberg 500 combo which is a great combo. however I've sold it and have kept my Remington 870 and my Benelli Super Nova. Of the two the Benelli is much better firearm IMHO.
                  sigpic
                  NRA MEMBER

                  Originally Posted by ar15barrels
                  Unscrew the lid. There is a foil seal there.
                  Pull the seal off and screw the lid back on.
                  Then you can squeeze the mustard and it will come out of the bottle..

                  Liberals are termites eating at the foundation of our constitution.
                  Michael Reagan

                  Comment

                  • #99
                    CK_32
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Sep 2010
                    • 14369

                    Originally posted by Nickbowen5
                    Thanks. I think I'm set on the Benelli now. Kind of even considering a Supernova over the Nova. I couldn't stand the rattle of the Mossberg so that is now out of the question. And although the Remington 870 appealed to me from the beginning, the fact that I keep hearing that they are not as good as they used to be and their failure to feed problems combined with the part that requires the workmanship of a gunsmith to remove and replace have kind of turned me off. I have heard nothing but good about Benelli
                    I can assure your that is complete BS and a common ignorance for the uneducated gun /forum community.

                    Youll be fine with the super nova but just to clear the air. Its not Remington. Its manufacturing in it self. Minimum wage, cost of living and materials go up in price. Companies are forced to make cut backs to stay in the black. Simple business/manufacturing.

                    QC is the easiest simplist way to do this. Spend less time on each single unit and press out a few more makes the product per paid hour makes more money.


                    So again its not remington its companies all over the US. Were not china (No offense to anyone) where we can just get away with screwing the worker so we do the product. Winchester, Remington, ect ect go on all dropped their QC. Some worse than others yes. But Remington is no worse than others.

                    Where the issue is is guys buying winchester bulk ammo and low end shells with VERY well dropped QC that jams all shot guns. Ive had jams in a banelli, 2 500's, 1 870 and a few more. 2 times with federal low. Ive even had a squib from winchester bulk.

                    So in short its not Remington its ammo QC. But typical forum goers have to blame the rival of their guns maker to feel better about their gun. And all they do is live through someone else and usually regurgitate something they saw on youtube as their own story and then people think its 2 different stories when one guy just repeated a story then 4 guys repeat that same story and so on and now you have a wild fire of BS because of one or 2 stories. So in that way it was marked as Remingtons problem for a while. But truth came out quick it was with a lot of shot guns with this bulk cheap ammo.

                    But no Remington is not a lower company compared to others. Its just another BS rumor some people started and it caught like wild fire. They are great shotguns. There was also a QC thing about Novas for a while having issues as well not too far back.

                    Moral of the story is use quality ammo and they will all run. If you use dirt cheap ammo dont be mad you got dirt cheap performance. But the nova is a decent gun so you should be happy with it.

                    GL and happy shooting
                    For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

                    What's Your Caliber??


                    My Youtube channel

                    Comment

                    • gsrious
                      Member
                      • May 2010
                      • 336

                      my advice to you is to go and handle them all. then make a decision upon your findings. we can tell you to get this, get that... in the end... if you are a gun enthusiast, you will collect all.

                      ps, i own a nova

                      '15 Jeep JKUR

                      Comment

                      • Nickbowen5
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2013
                        • 570

                        Originally posted by gsrious
                        my advice to you is to go and handle them all. then make a decision upon your findings. we can tell you to get this, get that... in the end... if you are a gun enthusiast, you will collect all.

                        ps, i own a nova
                        Already ahead of you. Have done everything but shoot them. Im set on benelli now
                        WTS AR-15 Parts: BCG, CH, Buffer tube kit, M4 Stock, Blackhawk! Stock
                        http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=785154

                        Comment

                        • Nickbowen5
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2013
                          • 570

                          Originally posted by BroncoBob
                          I've owned at Mossberg 500 combo which is a great combo. however I've sold it and have kept my Remington 870 and my Benelli Super Nova. Of the two the Benelli is much better firearm IMHO.
                          Thanks for your input
                          WTS AR-15 Parts: BCG, CH, Buffer tube kit, M4 Stock, Blackhawk! Stock
                          http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=785154

                          Comment

                          • Nickbowen5
                            Senior Member
                            • Feb 2013
                            • 570

                            Originally posted by CK_32
                            I can assure your that is complete BS and a common ignorance for the uneducated gun /forum community.

                            Youll be fine with the super nova but just to clear the air. Its not Remington. Its manufacturing in it self. Minimum wage, cost of living and materials go up in price. Companies are forced to make cut backs to stay in the black. Simple business/manufacturing.

                            QC is the easiest simplist way to do this. Spend less time on each single unit and press out a few more makes the product per paid hour makes more money.


                            So again its not remington its companies all over the US. Were not china (No offense to anyone) where we can just get away with screwing the worker so we do the product. Winchester, Remington, ect ect go on all dropped their QC. Some worse than others yes. But Remington is no worse than others.

                            Where the issue is is guys buying winchester bulk ammo and low end shells with VERY well dropped QC that jams all shot guns. Ive had jams in a banelli, 2 500's, 1 870 and a few more. 2 times with federal low. Ive even had a squib from winchester bulk.

                            So in short its not Remington its ammo QC. But typical forum goers have to blame the rival of their guns maker to feel better about their gun. And all they do is live through someone else and usually regurgitate something they saw on youtube as their own story and then people think its 2 different stories when one guy just repeated a story then 4 guys repeat that same story and so on and now you have a wild fire of BS because of one or 2 stories. So in that way it was marked as Remingtons problem for a while. But truth came out quick it was with a lot of shot guns with this bulk cheap ammo.

                            But no Remington is not a lower company compared to others. Its just another BS rumor some people started and it caught like wild fire. They are great shotguns. There was also a QC thing about Novas for a while having issues as well not too far back.

                            Moral of the story is use quality ammo and they will all run. If you use dirt cheap ammo dont be mad you got dirt cheap performance. But the nova is a decent gun so you should be happy with it.

                            GL and happy shooting
                            I completely agree with you. In fact, I am a very proud owner of a Remington 700 ADL in .308. In fact Ive been yearning to purchase an 870 for awhile. But at this point in time I am really impressed by the benelli and feel it is a better deal for me. Thanks for your input and post
                            WTS AR-15 Parts: BCG, CH, Buffer tube kit, M4 Stock, Blackhawk! Stock
                            http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=785154

                            Comment

                            • JavaBrewer
                              Member
                              • Dec 2011
                              • 266

                              I inherited a sentimental Mossberg 500 Mariner and sold my sweet 870. Though I prefer the Mossberg safety the 870 action is noticeably smoother and reliable.

                              Sent with Board Express

                              Comment

                              • bigbossman
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Dec 2012
                                • 11281

                                When I bought my 2 barrel Mossberg 20ga 500 combo from Big 5 several years ago, it came with one screw-in (Mod) choke tube and a tube wrench. Sling swivels too.

                                As an aside, I've killed more game with that Mossberg than all of my other shotguns combined. Pigs, turkey, quail, dove, chukar, rabbit.... the thing is a workhorse. And when the scoped slug barrel is on, I really appreciate the safety location.
                                Last edited by bigbossman; 07-17-2013, 11:27 PM.
                                Always looking for vintage Winchester and Marlin lever action rifles. Looking to sell? Know of one for sale? Drop me a line!

                                "Give a conservative a pile of bricks and you get a beautiful city. Give a leftist a city and you get a pile of bricks."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1