Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

My new kel tec ksg headed to the range for testing.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    44fred
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2011
    • 2399

    This reminds me of Harley Davidson dealerships gouging customers because they could. Now they are hurting big time. You know, you don't have to participate in gouging! Some of us aren't that greedy. What goes around comes around. I'd rather develop a clientele based on fair business practices.
    Kel Tec is the one loosing out on sales. They really screwed this production thing up.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."

    "No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms"
    -- Thomas Jefferson

    Comment

    • #77
      Write Winger
      Banned
      • Oct 2009
      • 6136

      Nice job scoring a KSG.

      I love what Kel Tec has been doing. While it seems everyone else is remaking or "improving" already existing designs and markets, they're focusing on the radically different and fantasy market. They seem like the guys who sit around a table drunk on the weekends and say "you know what would be cool is if..." but then have the ingenuity to actually build it and the market says "hey! That IS cool!" Demand is built, prices are high, and as they come down they'll produce more and sell twice as many. Good on them.

      I'm jealous, and I envy your purchase.

      Comment

      • #78
        Capybara
        CGSSA Coordinator
        CGN Contributor
        • Feb 2012
        • 15658

        Am I the only Calgunner not enamored of this gun? I just can't see a reason for a defense shotgun that holds so many shells, isn't needing that many shells sort of out of the realm of HD situations and goes more into engagement by LEOs in shootouts? Nothing against those of you who will pay double the msrp for this gun, I just don't see the appeal. The few YouTube reviews I have seen all comment on feeding issues, why would you pay so much for one?

        I don't play video games though, is that what is driving the buzz on this gun? If so, that would be an interesting marketing phenomena.
        NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

        sigpic

        Comment

        • #79
          tacticalcity
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Aug 2006
          • 10929

          Market dictates price. These things are selling as fast as they can make them. That means the price is fair. Just because it is more than you personally would pay doesn't change that.

          He wanted it. It is meeting his expectations. Sounds like pure win for him.

          Comment

          • #80
            tacticalcity
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Aug 2006
            • 10929

            Originally posted by Capybara
            Am I the only Calgunner not enamored of this gun? I just can't see a reason for a defense shotgun that holds so many shells, isn't needing that many shells sort of out of the realm of HD situations and goes more into engagement by LEOs in shootouts? Nothing against those of you who will pay double the msrp for this gun, I just don't see the appeal. The few YouTube reviews I have seen all comment on feeding issues, why would you pay so much for one?

            I don't play video games though, is that what is driving the buzz on this gun? If so, that would be an interesting marketing phenomena.
            While i have no opinion on the shotgun, I do have an opinion on the "x rounds is enough" mindset in your post. Just saw it in another thread where a guy was basically saying 6 shots from his revolver is more than he will ever need.

            I proceeded to post video after video where at least 3 or more armed suspects invaded homes. Usually armed with assault rifles and shotguns. This is the norm. The days of a single armed invader never existed. Bad guys do this in groups.

            Comment

            • #81
              cwin
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2011
              • 1438

              Congrats! It's a pretty cool shotgun. Enjoy!

              Comment

              • #82
                r1ghtw1ng
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2007
                • 1335

                Nice. Congrats on the KSG. I'm waiting for the KSG Gen 3 in 2014 after they iron out any problems and the prices come down from 4 digits.

                I remember buying a brand new GSG-5 for $650 when it was super rare. Sold it quickly for $650 a few months later after having buyer's remorse.

                Comment

                • #83
                  menomanuel
                  Member
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 302

                  I wonder if I can dry fire it without damaging it?
                  I just emailed kel tec to find out.
                  california democratic politicians measure their success by the anti gun laws they are able to pass or force on their constituents.

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    mif_slim
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Apr 2008
                    • 10089

                    @capybata: I rather have 14 rounds and use 1 then need 15 and have none....when your sitting in a cool air conditioned room behind a computer playing a HD scenario in your head, you can easily become crouching tiger hidden dragon and fly over roof tops to flank the BG but in high stress and real threat you'll freeze up or fire as many rounds as you can effectively. During this, you won't be counting rounds.
                    Originally posted by Gottmituns
                    It's not protecting the rights of the 1%, it's IMPOSING new laws because of the 1%.

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      gotshotgun?
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 3667

                      Originally posted by mif_slim
                      @capybata: I rather have 14 rounds and use 1 then need 15 and have none....when your sitting in a cool air conditioned room behind a computer playing a HD scenario in your head, you can easily become crouching tiger hidden dragon and fly over roof tops to flank the BG but in high stress and real threat you'll freeze up or fire as many rounds as you can effectively. During this, you won't be counting rounds.
                      QFT

                      Comment

                      • #86
                        glockwise2000
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 2008
                        • 2534

                        Originally posted by menomanuel
                        It had boobs.
                        "Tactical" is like boobs...you can sell anything with it....arf "hanko"
                        You are freaking me out. Go get a nice girl and put her to bed. A gun? I would say it should stay on bedside. Unless, another CGer tells us here that they too had their guns "in bed" with them. Is this the new trend fetish now?

                        No matter what. I'm still jelly you have the KSG. Nice gun though.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") Copy and paste this bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.!!!

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #87
                          thefitter
                          Member
                          • Jan 2010
                          • 437

                          Originally posted by menomanuel
                          The hardest part is finding a out of state dealer that'll ship to ca and is registered at attorney's office .
                          .
                          Please explain this last statement.

                          Thanks
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #88
                            Sicarius
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Jan 2008
                            • 2917

                            I don't believe it is kel tec screwing the customers. It is the distributors and shops. KT sells the firearms at whatever wholesale price to the distributors. Distributors know the shortage and mark it up to what the shops are willing to pay and the shops will then sell it for what the end consumer is willing to pay.
                            If somebody is WILLING to pay X ammount for something. You better believe that somebody is going to sell it for X...
                            Kevin
                            Last edited by Sicarius; 06-22-2012, 3:39 PM.

                            Comment

                            • #89
                              menomanuel
                              Member
                              • Feb 2008
                              • 302

                              I luv how I can post anything and get all comments on how it's freaking them out !
                              If can freak them out with jokes imagine when I'm serious !
                              That's the very same thing anti gun politicians use as a way to demonize gun ownership even when they know it's a joke (it's called grown up jokes,sorry jr's lol)
                              california democratic politicians measure their success by the anti gun laws they are able to pass or force on their constituents.

                              Comment

                              • #90
                                socal44
                                Member
                                • Feb 2007
                                • 355

                                Lot of dicks here on Calguns

                                Congrats OP

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1