Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Benelli m2 vs. m4

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    esskay
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 2304

    Originally posted by Ding126
    show me a M4 that holds 9 rnds...I want to see one.

    I'm sure the tube would extend beyond the barrel
    With a standard extended mag tube (same length as the 18.5" barrel), it can hold 9 when ghost loaded -- 7 in the tube, 1 in chamber, 1 on the lifter. But this would be an advantage only for pre-loading the gun. You wouldn't be ghost loading on the fly. If you want an 8 round mag tube for the M4, you can put a +1 on the front of it and it will extend past the end of the barrel. (an 8 round mag tube on a Benelli is about the same length as a 21" barrel)

    For the original discussion, the M4 is a very soft shooting gun, but it is indeed heavier than the M2. I could shoot full power loads in the M4 all day, whereas the M2 gets punishing. My M2 does run "tactical" reduced recoil buck and slugs reliably, so that is an option to consider. If you are worried about your wife potentially getting beat up by the shotgun, it would help to get hands on both of them to see for yourself.
    WTS: Ewbank AKM & NDS-4 AK receivers, Custom Chief AJ Ruger Mini-14

    WTS: Oakley SI Shoes

    WTS KAC rail panels

    WTS: MGI Hydra Modular AR Lower

    Comment

    • #32
      ERdept
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Apr 2009
      • 4698

      Originally posted by joelogic
      Avoid a semi for HD. A $300 Rem 870 with serve you well with a tube full of buckshot.

      My M2 runs fantantic and I have seen M4's choke of cheap birdshot.


      Huh??

      My M4 NEVER ceased to cycle full power buck. Maybe you're thinking Remington 1100 or similar.

      It just worked. But you're right it won't cycle low brass bird shot, but that shouldn't be used for defense anyway.

      Comment

      • #33
        Sure Shot 45
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Dec 2009
        • 1220

        I've never fired the M2, but my M4 runs perfect with light loads, buckshot, or slugs. This gun eats everything I feed it, rapidly. You can really stay on target while unloading 8 rounds in a few seconds. My vote would be the semi-auto, get the M4.

        Comment

        • #34
          Dhena81
          Veteran Member
          • May 2010
          • 4587

          Originally posted by esskay
          With a standard extended mag tube (same length as the 18.5" barrel), it can hold 9 when ghost loaded -- 7 in the tube, 1 in chamber, 1 on the lifter. But this would be an advantage only for pre-loading the gun. You wouldn't be ghost loading on the fly. If you want an 8 round mag tube for the M4, you can put a +1 on the front of it and it will extend past the end of the barrel. (an 8 round mag tube on a Benelli is about the same length as a 21" barrel)

          For the original discussion, the M4 is a very soft shooting gun, but it is indeed heavier than the M2. I could shoot full power loads in the M4 all day, whereas the M2 gets punishing. My M2 does run "tactical" reduced recoil buck and slugs reliably, so that is an option to consider. If you are worried about your wife potentially getting beat up by the shotgun, it would help to get hands on both of them to see for yourself.
          This is very true one thing most people don't know until they actually shoot one I could without a doubt shoot full power 00 all day long. It feels like a .308 or something I have the Mesa Tactical Urbino stock with a limbsaver pad BTW but even before it was a very light recoiling gun.

          Benelli quality is untouched by Mossberg or Remington. My M4 is temperamental about certain birdshot you just need to find the right kind I know it doesn't cycle Winchester birdshot I think it was Remington that it was shooting fine. Anyways with what it was intended for full power buckshot or slugs it functions flawlessly I've put about 500 buckshot through mine since August and it hasn't had a hiccup. It has lots of features you wont find on a pump.

          One of the best things about owning a semi shotty is it has a bolt hold open which lets you know when you've fired your last shot which comes quick with a shotgun. I wonder if anyone here has every shot their pump fast enough or under stress and actually short cycled their gun a semi won't do that. Every shotgun behaves a little different and I bet most people don't care to know how to manipulate their own shotgun fully.

          A Benelli M4 will not fail you it's stupid to think it will while sitting in your house its not like anyone is living outside in the sand box not sure it would matter anyways. If anything I've had more problems with my pumps while sitting in my safe inferior Winchester 1300 and Remy 870 parts breaking from practicing ect. both of them are now double feeding occasionally it really pisses me off

          Comment

          • #35
            GunSafari
            Member
            • Apr 2011
            • 383

            7 in the tube on a proper full length, one on the slide and one in the chamber, you got yourself 9 good sir.
            sigpic
            daniel@gunsafari.com
            www.GunSafari.com
            www.facebook.com/GunSafari like us and be the first to hear of the latest deals coming from us
            Coupon codes: "ontarget" 10% off trijicon, "aimlow" 5% off aimpoint
            FFL coming May 2012...

            Comment

            • #36
              ROCKETW19
              Senior Member
              • Aug 2007
              • 705

              M4.

              Comment

              • #37
                battleship
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2008
                • 4969

                Forget HD reasons for choosing a pump over the M4 if the M4 is good enough to be used in dirty sandy war torn middle east by the US military and now been adopted by the British army for the same reasons the US chose it. I dont think you need to worry about it not working every time when someone brakes into your home.

                Spend the extra cash get the M4 and you will both be happy.

                Comment

                • #38
                  PEBKAC
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 1026

                  If you are looking for a pure HD shotgun, the M4 is hard to beat. I have had a total of one stovepipe and that was shooting abnormally low power birdshot (the rest of the batch I fired from the same box cycled a bit soft and dribbled out of the side...but did cycle). Cheapy walmart 1 1/8 oz stuff is just fine, as is any regular power load. It is just generally well designed and soft shooting. I love it, and wouldn't trade mine for anything material.

                  That said there are caveats you should consider (and many others have bought up before):

                  -Weight. It's heavy. If this is a problem, go for the M2 or M1.

                  -Length of pull, people with shorter arms may have a problem dealing with this...so test that for all people who might have to use it before buying (the standard "is the LOP too long for me test" with the elbow) unless you plan to buy a 200 dollar stock to make it shorter or very carefully take a bandsaw and some epoxy to the one that comes with it.

                  -I will assume that you have other shotguns for shooting clays, but if you don't, I wouldn't recommend the M4. If you plan to shoot a lot of clays and this will be the only shotgun you have just get an M1 or M2 without ghost rings as they are more than adequate and are much better multipurpose guns.

                  -You will spend a good deal of money upgrading the capacity. Assume a couple hundred if you plan to do so and factor this into your cost estimates especially if you plan to go past the end of the barrel (meaning more than 7 in the tube capacity).
                  Last edited by PEBKAC; 04-15-2011, 5:33 PM.
                  sigpic
                  Love and Peace through superior firepower.

                  Originally posted by 7x57
                  Plus, we can check out each other's hardware. Who says we can't find common ground?
                  Originally posted by hoffmang
                  Soap box, ballot box, jury box, ammo box. Use in that order.
                  Originally posted by ar15barrels
                  You need to grow a full beard and move out into the woods before you can be a full fledged member of the surplus rifle long range shooting community.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Bladewurk
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2005
                    • 1411

                    I vote M2 ... simpler and easier to maintain
                    (quote)"Glocks blow up, SIGs have a high bore axis, Beretta locking blocks break, Ruger is anti-gun, 1911s are unreliable, and HK hates you. Get over it."

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      mhb285
                      Member
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 150

                      Originally posted by fennecfrank
                      Heard those M3's are not as reliable though.....Don't recall where I read the comments from.
                      I have no problem with mine.......
                      Originally posted by Synergy
                      I open the door neked with my spice weasel in hand, and say are you here for the gangbang?
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by bazineta View Post
                      Re. 3, you should not, for any reason, ever, be in SF in the first place.

                      I mean, seriously, you have to burn your shoes afterward. It gets expensive.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        tyrist
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jun 2007
                        • 4564

                        M4 is awesome and I trust my life with one.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          Hipmatt
                          Member
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 148

                          mossberg 930 spx?
                          Cycling all ammo has proven to not be a problem.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            acaligunner
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Oct 2008
                            • 8018

                            I have the Benelli M1, M2, Nova, and SuperNova, ALL of them are reliable, and shoot Birdshot, Buck, and Slugs with equal reliability.

                            The only complaint I can say, Is I don't know why my Nova came with steel LPA GR sights, and the SuperNova had plastic GR sights?

                            Other than that they are everything Benelli says they are. I have the M2 as my SD arm, and I trust it 100%.

                            The only advantage a Rem or Mossberg pump SG' have over a Benelli, HK, or FN SG is with specialty ammo.

                            Todays semi auto SG, shoots faster, have the same reliability (as a pump), and for me is easier to stay on target, just keep the weapon on target, press trigger, and reload as necessary.

                            These SG's are ready out the box, and are made for SD shooting. Find one that fits you, feed it a good SD round, and your G-T-G. As to your question, the M4 is built more for military service, and use's the argo system.

                            acaligunner
                            Last edited by acaligunner; 04-15-2011, 11:17 PM.
                            Vida Loca Homes

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              Dhena81
                              Veteran Member
                              • May 2010
                              • 4587

                              Crappy cell phone pic of my M4 FTW

                              Last edited by Dhena81; 05-11-2011, 1:22 AM.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                Saym14
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Jul 2009
                                • 7892

                                my M4 devours everything from slugs to cheap wm birdshot. I love it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1