Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns For the private sale of rifles, shotguns and other long guns. Read the rules before posting.

Old 02-04-2011, 3:09 PM

Default WTS: MGI Hydra Modular Lower w/ swappable mag wells

Had thoughts of some multi-caliber builds/etc which I have finally admitted to myself are not likely to happen so am looking to sell these now. Bought them years ago and the lower receivers have never been touched as they're still sealed in plastic. Most of the lower parts are also still sealed in plastic.

MGI Hydra Modular (almost) complete Lower w/ interchangeable mag wells (AR mag well included)

This is MGI's Hydra modular weapon system which is based on the AR platform with interchangeable magwells to swap in and out for various calibers in a matter of minutes.

Manufacturer info: http://www.mgi-military.com/index.php?id=27&sub_id=17

Demo video of the Hydra weapon system:

Stag built these particular lowers for MGI and they have Stag and MGI roll marks on them. Included is almost all lower parts -- the lower plus fire control, grip, bolt catch, detents, springs, receiver extension, castle nut, back plate, etc. Except for some reason they didn't include the trigger guard.

These are the lowers and the parts I am selling (still sealed):

I am keeping an MGI lower which I pulled out of its packaging, so here are some close up pics of it so you can see what these MGI Hydra lowers look like and how the interchangeable mag well slides on and off. The serialized portion of the lower is the back part with the FCG, you can just see the S/N underneath the safety selector switch in the photo below. The replaceable magwells are not serialized. I was also asked about bullet button compatibility. I grabbed a Raddlock to test it out, and it works perfectly. The MGI lower design uses the mag catch to lock the magwell in place, so once I installed the Raddlock all I had to do was use a tool to depress and hold the mag catch and slide the magwell right off (same as you would with a regular mag catch).

MGI sells completely stripped Hydra lowers for $499 and complete lowers for $650.

Asking $525 cash each via PPT in SoCal. Willing to meet within reasonable distance from the LAX airport area. Buyer responsible for FFL/PPT fees. Willing to ship at buyer's expense, and FFL must receive shipments from an individual.

++++++++++++

MGI QCB-C Quick Change Barrel Upper Receiver System

I am also selling MGI's QCB-C upper receiver system, which allows you to quickly and easily change out barrels. By working the locking plate and levers, you can swap in different types of 5.56 barrels or other calibers, in conjunction with the Hydra lower or with standard AR lowers. MGI sells a handguard extension if you would like a longer handguard, otherwise it is carbine length as shown.

If you want to build a complete multi-caliber weapon system, get this upper to go with the modular lower above, then you can get extra mag wells and barrels and have a ball! Would be awesome for someone with an RDIAS!

I bought this lightly used, and have not used it at all myself.

MGI sells these for $699 stripped. Mine has a charging handle, no BCG.

Asking $650 SOLD!

//PICS REMOVED//

Last edited by esskay; 02-16-2011 at 9:42 AM.. Reason: Upper sold
Old 02-05-2011, 5:32 PM

btt, thanks
Old 02-07-2011, 9:50 AM

Monday morning bump
Old 02-08-2011, 10:17 PM

PM returned, btt
Old 02-09-2011, 1:03 AM

Interested, but would like to know if the process for changing the magazine wells would be impeded or prevented with a bullet button in place? And which piece is the actual serialized firearm, the piece with the trigger group, or the magazine well?

Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Last edited by Digital_Boy; 02-09-2011 at 1:07 AM..
Old 02-10-2011, 9:46 AM

The serialized portion of the lower is the back part with the FCG, you can just see the S/N underneath the safety selector switch in the photo below. The replaceable magwells are not serialized. Regarding bullet button compatibility -- I grabbed a Raddlock to test it out, and it works perfectly. The MGI lower design uses the mag catch to lock the magwell in place, so once I installed the Raddlock all I had to do was use a tool to depress and hold the mag catch and slide the magwell right off (same as you would with a regular mag catch).