Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Benelli m2 vs. m4

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    jermzzzzzzz
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 817

    Originally posted by fennecfrank
    Heard those M3's are not as reliable though.....Don't recall where I read the comments from.
    Never had any problems with mine.
    sigpic United States Air Force Security Forces

    Comment

    • #17
      3GunFunShooter
      In Memoriam
      • Dec 2005
      • 2408

      I have a 870, 1100CM and a M2 Salient.
      Salient kicks more than the gas shotguns, easier to clean, lighter, does not get as dirty.
      I have seen all shotguns M2, M4, 1100, FN SLP, all puke at matches.
      For reliability for HD get a pump.
      If you can't shoot good, at least look good shooting

      Comment

      • #18
        X-NewYawker
        In Memoriam
        • May 2008
        • 5993

        You tipped your hand when you said you thought the M4 was cooler.
        Get a M2 with the comfortech stock.

        Comment

        • #19
          Frenchie
          Junior Member
          • Mar 2011
          • 9

          Thank you for all the great feedback. I would be looking at a pump but I don't think my wife would be able to cycle it very quickly. She is not weak but is a small woman. I found a place that holds a class on using a shot gun for HD and brings in some different guns to train with. I am going to drag her to that and see how she does.

          Comment

          • #20
            fennecfrank
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2010
            • 1787

            Originally posted by jermzzzzzzz
            Never had any problems with mine.
            Thanks! Good to know that. I've always want one.

            Now the problem is....where to find one?

            Comment

            • #21
              darkjedi351
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2007
              • 940

              Originally posted by supermanuf
              Pump is better for HD, sometimes the cocking sound alone is enough of a deterrent.
              maybe in the movies.

              my M2 serves me very well for HD
              http://m14hdw.proboards.com/index.cgi

              http://www.sageebr.com/

              Comment

              • #22
                dangerouspower
                Member
                • Mar 2009
                • 252

                M1S90.. that said, I'm looking for an M4 next
                Last edited by dangerouspower; 04-06-2011, 1:45 PM.

                Comment

                • #23
                  OCGuy
                  Member
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 167

                  I don't know, my M4 sounds pretty cool when I load a round in the chamber and hit that bolt release button. I may not be able to sound cool after the first shot, but then again I probably won't have to.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    GunSafari
                    Member
                    • Apr 2011
                    • 383

                    benelli m4 all day every day. the weapon is reliable, feels great in your hands very easy to control and can hold 9 rounds total with a full length tube. Can't beat it in my opinion.

                    Haven't had any trouble with ammo cycling either, haven't tried non lethal rounds but plan to soon
                    sigpic
                    daniel@gunsafari.com
                    www.GunSafari.com
                    www.facebook.com/GunSafari like us and be the first to hear of the latest deals coming from us
                    Coupon codes: "ontarget" 10% off trijicon, "aimlow" 5% off aimpoint
                    FFL coming May 2012...

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      IPSICK
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 2005
                      • 4259

                      With the proper defensive loads, why isn't a semi-auto shotgun nearly as reliable as a pump gun? Now if you're using birdshot maybe/maybe not.
                      "When you get the (men) to the range, you just get the men. But when you bring the (women) to the range, you get the (whole family). And that's what's going to save our 2nd Amendment."--Dianna Liedorff

                      "Since self-preservation is the 1st law of nature, we assert the...right to self-defense. The Constitution...clearly affirms the right of every American...to bear arms. And as Americans, we will not give up a single right guaranteed under the Constitution." --Malcolm X

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Grassninja
                        Member
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 144

                        I would not discount the M4's reliability if you wanted to use it for defense. Pick whichever one you and your wife feel the most comfortable using.
                        S/F

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Ding126
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 2008
                          • 4393

                          Originally posted by GunSafari
                          benelli m4 all day every day. the weapon is reliable, feels great in your hands very easy to control and can hold 9 rounds total with a full length tube. Can't beat it in my opinion.

                          Haven't had any trouble with ammo cycling either, haven't tried non lethal rounds but plan to soon
                          show me a M4 that holds 9 rnds...I want to see one.


                          I'm sure the tube would extend beyond the barrel
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Packy14
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Jul 2008
                            • 5312

                            I have an 870 but wish I had an M4... personally I think the M4 is reliable enough, my 870 jams on ammo on occasion, and the military trusts the M4. Pumping takes more time for me as well, as I don't spend a great deal of time training with shotguns, as I prefer AR's, pistols, and my Scout. M4 baby.
                            NRA Lifetime Member

                            1A-2A = -1A

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              IPSICK
                              Veteran Member
                              • Nov 2005
                              • 4259

                              Originally posted by Ding126
                              show me a M4 that holds 9 rnds...I want to see one.


                              I'm sure the tube would extend beyond the barrel
                              What's wrong with that?
                              "When you get the (men) to the range, you just get the men. But when you bring the (women) to the range, you get the (whole family). And that's what's going to save our 2nd Amendment."--Dianna Liedorff

                              "Since self-preservation is the 1st law of nature, we assert the...right to self-defense. The Constitution...clearly affirms the right of every American...to bear arms. And as Americans, we will not give up a single right guaranteed under the Constitution." --Malcolm X

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                gotshotgun?
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jan 2009
                                • 3667

                                Originally posted by IPSICK
                                What's wrong with that?
                                Defeats the purpose of a short barrel....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1