Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Anyone else LIKE Remington Golden Bullets?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    kmca
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 2371

    Works second best in my 10/22 with Green Mountain barrel and it's a whole lot cheaper than $7/50. Doesn't work worth beans in any of my pistols though.

    Comment

    • #17
      Grumpyoldretiredcop
      Calguns Addict
      • Sep 2008
      • 6437

      I like them in my Ciener AR conversion, my Kimber 1911 conversion, and my AA Glock conversion. They don't work so well in most of my other .22LR firearms. Not surprising, seems like every .22 has its favorite and non-favorite ammo.

      Just means I keep 3 or 4 varieties of Long Rifle fodder in the ammo locker so all the .22s can have their favorite food.
      I'm retired. That's right, retired. I don't want to hear about the cop who stopped you today or how you didn't think you should get a ticket. That just makes me grumpy!

      Comment

      • #18
        TrailerparkTrash
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 4249

        I like these two brands with the "copper plated" bullets the best....





        MFFM! (Mini-Mags Forever, Forever Mini-Mags!)
        sigpic

        It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs

        -ΙΧΘΥΣ <><

        Comment

        • #19
          jyo
          Calguns Addict
          • Sep 2008
          • 5320

          In the past (15 or so years ago) Remington GB was fine, consistent ammo, one of the best---in recent years, the QC has gone in the toilet---this seems to be the case with much of Remington's other products as well---very sad...

          Comment

          • #20
            TrailerparkTrash
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 4249

            Originally posted by jyo
            In the past (15 or so years ago) Remington GB was fine, consistent ammo, one of the best---in recent years, the QC has gone in the toilet---this seems to be the case with much of Remington's other products as well---very sad...
            What really sucks is that Remington bought out Barnes bullets last year! Right now, Speer has THE BEST all copper HP's for hunting, but I was told by Turner's management that Remington also bought them too. I sent an email to Speer today to ascertain if that rumor is true or false. Stay tuned! Barnes are great copper bullets as well, but I don't believe they even make a .22 rimfire bullet.
            Last edited by TrailerparkTrash; 11-04-2011, 9:27 PM.
            sigpic

            It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs

            -ΙΧΘΥΣ <><

            Comment

            • #21
              Les K
              Junior Member
              • May 2011
              • 88

              Originally posted by Izzy43
              When that trophy squirrel pops into your sights and the round in the chamber is a Golden Bullet
              Now that's funny right there!

              Comment

              • #22
                Delta-9
                Junior Member
                • Sep 2011
                • 52

                I like these, they're cheap and my GSG 1911 seems to like them. In a box of 525, I had 3 ftf.

                Comment

                • #23
                  asheron2
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 726

                  I feed my .22s any bulk ammo i can find. If i am shooting them its usually not for accuracy but for some fun plinking with friends.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    bubbapug1
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 7958

                    rgb...best bullet?

                    Its a joke right??

                    5% ftf rate at best.....
                    I love America for the rights and freedoms we used to have.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      PanchoVilla
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2009
                      • 504

                      My experience with RGB was mixed. My 10/22 had no problems. My 22/45 hated them. No issue with the CCI. I am thinking that my 22/45 may just not like HP rounds though since they RGB's that FTfeed mostly got hung up on the HP lip.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        wtkaiser
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2011
                        • 660

                        0 ftf in my revolvers and my bolt-action rifle......

                        I use RGB because of some misguided loyalty to Remington .22s. I have no idea why, except that they were the first brand to come back here when everything dried up a few years ago. They're decently accurate, if not exceptionally so in my gun. I like CCI MMs too, but until recently, Turner's didn't have them consistently when I shopped there.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Ruger Rick
                          Junior Member
                          • Jul 2011
                          • 78

                          I went to Angeles yesterday with a box I bought from the Pasadena Turners, and I didnt have one issue with the ammo in my 10/22. I know thats not saying much, but Ill buy another box because of that.

                          It is a FILTHY ammo, though.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            quickstop
                            Junior Member
                            • Mar 2011
                            • 34

                            Originally posted by TrailerparkTrash
                            What really sucks is that Remington bought out Barnes bullets last year! Right now, Speer has THE BEST all copper HP's for hunting, but I was told by Turner's management that Remington also bought them too. I sent an email to Speer today to ascertain if that rumor is true or false. Stay tuned! Barnes are great copper bullets as well, but I don't believe they even make a .22 rimfire bullet.
                            Nothing personal, but I would not believe anything that anyone told me at Turners.
                            Good thing you're checking on it at the horses mouth.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Cheap Shot
                              Member
                              • Sep 2011
                              • 200

                              All our .22lr's are in bolt action rifles. They seem to like all the flavours of bulk, and since RGB is cheapest that is what we buy. I tried some 'exotic' ammo and found my Savage didn't like the 'hyper fast' stuff (velocitor for one).

                              The few ftf were in the 'older' rifle (1920's sears model) and most of those fired second try or in the savage later. A few blazer and several CCI ftf altogther (not bulk).

                              So I would think most of the worst/best ammo has to do with your gun and your wallets reaction to each type.

                              I'll of course have to see what the semi-auto pistol likes when we ge it.
                              Last edited by Cheap Shot; 11-06-2011, 9:33 AM. Reason: posted before finished - hand hit touch pad

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                GM4spd
                                Calguns Addict
                                • May 2008
                                • 5682

                                They work fine for me,despite all the negative press. Pete



                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1