Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Which current .22lr semi-auto would you buy

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    RollingCode3
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 3221

    Originally posted by KushMaster
    GSG has a new 1911 .22 cal pistol
    check it out
    http://www.americantactical.us/newproduct1.html
    I saw that on ar15 forum a while back. That looks so cool but I dont think it will ever make it to CA.
    Any gun owner who does not support the NRA is a freeloader.

    Comment

    • #77
      KushMaster
      Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 241

      Originally posted by RollingCode3
      That looks so cool but I dont think it will ever make it to CA.
      why not?
      God Bless the Rimfire exemptions in CA! At lease we get to shoot something that looks 'Tacticool'
      RimFire Junkie!

      Comment

      • #78
        loobett
        Member
        • Jul 2009
        • 108

        Turner's has some Ruger .22LR pistols on sale. Would you guys recommend any of them? It's in their new online ad when you check it out. They also had a .22LR rifle on sale last week which was at the top of the online ad. I was actually considering it but I don't know much about the .22LR in any firearm. If anyone took advantage of the sale, let me know if it was a good deal/

        Comment

        • #79
          RollingCode3
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2005
          • 3221

          Originally posted by loobett
          Turner's has some Ruger .22LR pistols on sale. Would you guys recommend any of them? It's in their new online ad when you check it out. They also had a .22LR rifle on sale last week which was at the top of the online ad. I was actually considering it but I don't know much about the .22LR in any firearm. If anyone took advantage of the sale, let me know if it was a good deal/
          The Ruger 22lr pistols are awesome. I love them but there is one problem. It is pain in the *** to take it apart and put them together. The first time took me almost 2 hours to put it back together. Second time is a little better but still at 30 minutes.
          Any gun owner who does not support the NRA is a freeloader.

          Comment

          • #80
            smittty
            Calguns Addict
            • Feb 2008
            • 6273

            Originally posted by loobett
            Turner's has some Ruger .22LR pistols on sale. Would you guys recommend any of them? It's in their new online ad when you check it out. They also had a .22LR rifle on sale last week which was at the top of the online ad. I was actually considering it but I don't know much about the .22LR in any firearm. If anyone took advantage of the sale, let me know if it was a good deal/
            The Ruger MKIII pistols are the most reliable rimfire handguns made today. There is a good youtube video that shows how to take-down the pistol. It's not that difficult and definitely not a reason to not buy one.

            Here's the vid, have a look and decide if you can handle it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYHJm...eature=related

            I've only taken my down twice and I shot it so much I don't know how many thousand rounds I have thru it. Boresnake the barrel and oil the outside after each range session and it's clean.

            Comment

            • #81
              BamBam-31
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              • Dec 2005
              • 5318

              Brought the Marlin 60 out to the range yesterday. WOW! Lots of fun, very accurate, and feeds the Centurion ammo my 10/22 choked on. Good thing, too, since I bought a case of that stuff! It's actually accurate enough that I'm considering replacing the Simmons 4x w/ a Mueller APV 4.5-14. Really impressed w/ how much quality Marlin gives you for not too much moolah.

              Is it better than a 10/22? I'd say out of the box, yes. The Marlin 60 has a great barrel and pretty good trigger as is--it doesn't really need all the aftermarket doo-dads. But if you're gonna upgrade (which is half the fun), the 10/22 is still king.
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #82
                Btango05
                Member
                • Aug 2009
                • 491

                I'm thinking of either A) buying a Tacsol upper and building another AR-22 or building a 10/22 from scratch... either Tacsol X-Ring receiver/barrel and stock or getting a Kidd build.

                I'm really liking the Kidd Supergrade kit!!! From what I hear they have one of the best triggers and their barrels are from Lothar Walther. I want a reliable semi-auto .22 and from what I see alot of attention goes into building Kidd parts.... expensive...yes but at the end of the day when you get back from the range and have nothing but good things to say it's worth it!

                Comment

                • #83
                  Bigballaizm
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 3109

                  Originally posted by xs2k
                  10/22 converted to shoot 17 HM2. Kill those pests with extra power!
                  Oh yeah....

                  Originally posted by BamBam-31
                  The Marlin 60 has a great barrel and pretty good trigger as is--it doesn't really need all the aftermarket doo-dads. But if you're gonna upgrade (which is half the fun), the 10/22 is still king.
                  I do agree!!

                  10-22s.JPG
                  Last edited by Bigballaizm; 09-14-2009, 8:57 PM.
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    GrinderCB
                    Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 442

                    Only two I's ever consider. Ruger 10/22 because they're so flexible. Good right out of the box but tons of ways to modify it, stocks, barrels, those cool Tommy-gun kits called "10/22 Fun Gun." The other would be a good clean Nylon 66. Sentimental reasons. It was the first firearm I ever shot in my life way back in the early '70's when I was 9 years old and my Grandpa let me use his to shoot at beer cans in the backwoods of Indiana. Said he'd never cleaned it, maybe spritzed a little Hoppe's into the action and it never failed to shoot. Accurately, too.
                    I'm good with numbers:
                    .22 .32 .380 .40 5.56 .223

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      sirgrumps
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 2009
                      • 2500

                      Originally posted by Bigballaizm
                      What stocks are those?
                      ?The constitutional right to bear arms in public for self-defense is not a ?second-class right,? subject to an entirely different body of rules than the other Bill of Rights guarantees.? ?.. "We know of no other constitutional rights that an individual may exercise only after demonstrating to government officers some special need."
                      - Justice Clarence Thomas

                      Comment

                      • #86
                        zrock
                        Member
                        • Aug 2008
                        • 274

                        Local turners has the 10-22 for 219.00 . Looks like a good price

                        Comment

                        • #87
                          smittty
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Feb 2008
                          • 6273

                          Originally posted by dcbiii
                          Older Rugers have the full stainless receiver--
                          Not stainless. Aluminum.

                          Actually, the newer painted aluminum receivers are more corrosion resistant that the older brushed aluminum receivers.

                          Comment

                          • #88
                            Bigballaizm
                            Veteran Member
                            • Feb 2008
                            • 3109

                            Originally posted by sirgrumps
                            What stocks are those?
                            The top .22lr is a custom stock I purchased from a Calgunner when I first joined. The bottom, I converted to a .17HM2, is a Fajen Legacy Series Adjustable Stock .920" Barrel Channel Synthetic. You can get em from Midway for bout $160.
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #89
                              mag318
                              Member
                              • Sep 2009
                              • 127

                              Over the years I've owned several semi auto 22s, Rugers, Weatherbys, Brownings and so on. But my new current favorite is the new Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22. The M&P was inexpensive compared to my GSG5 or Colt/Umarex M4 and is a better gun. The M&P is more accurate and better quality then either the above two and it's made in the USA. Try one and you won't be disappointed.
                              Last edited by mag318; 07-15-2010, 2:25 PM.

                              Comment

                              • #90
                                SVT_Fox
                                Veteran Member
                                • May 2006
                                • 3206

                                marlin 795, def just as good as the newer 10/22 IMO, but used ones are only 100 bucks WOOT!
                                t
                                i
                                c
                                k

                                t
                                o
                                c
                                k

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1