Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Im in heaven! Got 22?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    RawHP
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2014
    • 633

    Originally posted by JohnCCW
    If you've got more than 2000 rounds, in this environment, you are hoarding.
    You can't be serious. Anyone who has less than 2000 round in this environment either is a new shooter, or wasn't paying close attention before the current ammo shortage.

    If you paid attention when the first stupid laws, where the lawmakers started outlawing guns because they looked scary, you would know that this day was coming. Every law since then has made it more and more apparent what was going on. Is it your expectation that people who planned ahead and bought ammo steadily over several years before this shortage should just give it all away so they won't be hoarders?

    There's an old fable about the ant and the grasshopper that comes to mind. I'm guessing the grasshopper thought the same about the ant.

    When prices become more reasonable again, or if they do, I'll be buying and storing what I can, since I don't plan on giving up my hobby, or my guns.

    Comment

    • #62
      Fishslayer
      In Memoriam
      • Jan 2010
      • 13035

      Originally posted by advocatusdiaboli
      Oh I Look in the mirror and I see a free-market patriot who loves liberty and thinks you educate people rather than bend them on their knees under the yoke of tyranny and make them bow to an elite like you who appoint yourself as knowing what is nest for them.

      You don;t like hoarding. Fine! Educate them. But using loaded words like hoarding is not the way. they are stocking up for a risky future. and I don't blame them. You probably vote Democrat and thinks it;s just fine. LOL
      Originally posted by JohnCCW
      Thems fightin' words MoFo. I haven't voted Demonrat since 1982.
      Take your meds nutjob.

      That's what I'm talikin' about!
      "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
      You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
      You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


      Originally Posted by JackRydden224
      I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
      Originally posted by redcliff
      A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

      Comment

      • #63
        mshill
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2012
        • 4484

        Originally posted by JohnCCW
        If you've got more than 2000 rounds, in this environment, you are hoarding.

        If all the hoarders stopped buying .22LR for 6 months, we would get the price back down to a rational level, like 5 cents a round.
        You can't be serious. I've bought 20,000 rounds (all retail) in the last 24 months and never paid more than $.08 for CCI mini-mags and $.05 for everything else.

        Yea, I'm hoarding. If your not, that's your choice.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.

        Comment

        • #64
          advocatusdiaboli
          Calguns Addict
          • Sep 2009
          • 5521

          Originally posted by Fishslayer
          That's what I'm talikin' about!
          Glad to provide this evening's entertainment while we wait for the 9th Circuit En Banc panel to reverse our CCW rights in Kalifornistan.
          Benefactor Life Member NRA, Life Member CRPA, CGN Contributor, US Army Veteran, Black Ribbon in Memoriam for the deceased 2nd Amendment
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #65
            advocatusdiaboli
            Calguns Addict
            • Sep 2009
            • 5521

            Originally posted by mshill
            You can't be serious. I've bought 20,000 rounds (all retail) in the last 24 months and never paid more than $.08 for CCI mini-mags and $.05 for everything else.

            Yea, I'm hoarding. If your not, that's your choice.
            That is the problem I was trying to point out: some of us, even as free market as we THINK we are, deviate and start thinking WE know best for everyone else and want a "LAW" to regulate those who are less "intelligent, understanding, grasping, whatever" than us, the elite.

            That is the path to communism and socialism and the ruin of this democratic republic.

            And yes, I get passionate about that but I make no apologies having descended on one side from those who fought in the revolutionary war and the other from dirt-poor immigrants from the Ukraine. The lust for liberty is in my heritage and my blood and, damn it, I will NOT let someone tell me I cannot have it and live it.
            Benefactor Life Member NRA, Life Member CRPA, CGN Contributor, US Army Veteran, Black Ribbon in Memoriam for the deceased 2nd Amendment
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #66
              RawHP
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2014
              • 633

              I don't understand some people's need to control others, take away other's rights "for their own good" and constantly blaming their problems on other people. "I don't have ammo, and it's everyone else's fault". That's like saying I don't have money, because everyone else is hoarding it; instead of doing something about it and saving it for rainy day.

              Also, I don't accept the hoarding word. Hoarding is a sickness where people keep stuff with no intention of every using it. I plan on shooting every round I've collected and spending ever dollar earn before I die, except what I pass down to my kids. Luckily I haven't raised my kids to feel that they're entitled, so when they inherit my weapons and ammo, they'll appreciate it.

              Comment

              • #67
                Fate
                Calguns Addict
                • Apr 2006
                • 9545

                Originally posted by advocatusdiaboli
                having descended on one side from those who fought in the revolutionary war and the other from dirt-poor immigrants from the Ukraine.
                Dude...are you, me?
                sigpic "On bended knee is no way to be free." - Eddie Vedder, "Guaranteed"

                "Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
                , in a letter to his nephew Peter Carr dated August 19, 1785

                Comment

                • #68
                  Izzy43
                  CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 2670

                  Originally posted by JohnCCW
                  If you've got more than 2000 rounds, in this environment, you are hoarding.

                  If all the hoarders stopped buying .22LR for 6 months, we would get the price back down to a rational level, like 5 cents a round.
                  I usually shoot 300-500 rounds per week of match .22lr ammo mixed with .17hmr ammo. Do the math: 400 avg X 52 = 20,000+ rounds per year. Last count my inventory was 22,000 rounds. Just ordered 5000 rounds of SK Std+ from Champion Shooters Supply. I am retired and love shooting so 2000 rounds on hand may be just fine for some folks but doesn't work for me.

                  Not everyone goes out once a month and plinks 100 rounds of ammo. Nothing wrong with that, just saying.

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    advocatusdiaboli
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 5521

                    Originally posted by Fate
                    Dude...are you, me?
                    Brother from another mother
                    Benefactor Life Member NRA, Life Member CRPA, CGN Contributor, US Army Veteran, Black Ribbon in Memoriam for the deceased 2nd Amendment
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      underthesun
                      Member
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Sep 2014
                      • 209

                      Originally posted by Midtown
                      Now my stash of about 5000 is feelings a little light and before anyone get's on me for "hoarding" know that I have used about 2000 rounds in less than 3 months and I just picked up a browning buck mark that tears through ammo!

                      This picture makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. I am going to curl up on the couch with my mag loader and load .22 mags all day in front of the fire
                      A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it.

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        1911Luvr
                        Senior Member
                        • Jul 2010
                        • 1824

                        Originally posted by Izzy43
                        I usually shoot 300-500 rounds per week of match .22lr ammo mixed with .17hmr ammo. Do the math: 400 avg X 52 = 20,000+ rounds per year. Last count my inventory was 22,000 rounds. Just ordered 5000 rounds of SK Std+ from Champion Shooters Supply. I am retired and love shooting so 2000 rounds on hand may be just fine for some folks but doesn't work for me.



                        Not everyone goes out once a month and plinks 100 rounds of ammo. Nothing wrong with that, just saying.

                        ^^^^This!

                        We have 5 kids and all but one like to shoot. We shoot every weekend and 3 of us compete in .22 shoots twice per month. We go through 3k-6k rounds per month, and when my dad and I go we often go through up to an additional 3 bricks in a single trip. 2000 rounds is a dangerously low level for me, which is why I have to buy ammo every couple days.

                        I wonder if those crying about hoarders also cry about rich people having too much money? God I'm tired of hearing people cry about redistribution of this and that. Instead, why don't they do what others do and get their own? I'm waiting for them to show up with their sleeping bags and start the occupy Cabela's movement...
                        I voted against Obama before it was cool.

                        Originally posted by 1911Luvr
                        I beg to differ. The full length dust cover rail makes a world of difference in the "when I run out of bullets I'm going to beat you to death with the pistol" look that causes bad guys to run in fear, and lesser men to feel inadequate. It looks just plain beastly and the extra heft up front does help manage recoil a bit better. Plus, an angel told me that when God called JMB to heaven it was to build him a full rail 1911!

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          edgerly779
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Aug 2009
                          • 19871

                          Last couple days i soldome of my 22 lr. remingon golden bullets for 7.5 cents a
                          round 3200 rounds. I still have about 3 k and I mostly shoot single shot rolling block stevens and remington so I should be good for a while. I was at bass pro in Vegas a week ago and 300 round boxes were $21.95 plus tax and they had a lot.

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            smle-man
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jan 2007
                            • 10606

                            Wish I had bought more cartons of surplus .22 ammo from the CMP several years ago. I just opened up the carton of 5k rounds that I did get. Standard lead bullet stuff. Thought maybe it would be golden bullet rounds.

                            Comment

                            • #74
                              BLC
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2008
                              • 1340

                              They have piles at Ventura Gun Show.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • #75
                                crufflers
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Jul 2011
                                • 12723

                                Originally posted by dkonrai
                                Ive been buying here and there, and didnt really know how much 22's i had. Today is range day, so i started to pull out ammo for the days shoot.
                                Well, i guess im getting pretty stocked up.
                                Lol.
                                Nice. Congrats. I still have a case of those buckets (4) plus three odd ones. The 525 packs are the ones I have been using since they are more conveniently sized. We used to get those 525's pretty easy from Cabelas for $24 or $28 shipped. Buckets usually came from Gander.

                                You need to work on your CCI stash though

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1