Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

FFL03 approval time frame?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • General Kronstadt
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    • Dec 2017
    • 426

    Originally posted by 97F1504RAD
    You could probably wait a month before applying for the COE and it will still arrive first. Seems the time for COE is about 7-14 days.
    Hah - thanks. That makes sense. I have a quick question on process:

    So, I go to a livescan place, they do the livescan, send the money to the two agencies, I pay them a fee - and they give me an ATI number.

    I then use that number to fill out the COE thing online? And...that's it?

    Thanks,

    MP
    FFL03/COE Mechanic and Makarov Nerd
    CGN, LGC, FPC, member.

    Want to buy:
    1. 12+ Gun Safe (Bsy Area)
    2. A .327 Henry lever action
    3. SPPrimers

    sigpic

    Comment

    • 97F1504RAD
      Calguns Addict
      • Dec 2008
      • 6319

      Originally posted by General Kronstadt
      Hah - thanks. That makes sense. I have a quick question on process:

      So, I go to a livescan place, they do the livescan, send the money to the two agencies, I pay them a fee - and they give me an ATI number.

      I then use that number to fill out the COE thing online? And...that's it?

      Thanks,

      MP
      Yep, you pay for the COE at the Livescan. I took cash to pay for it. You also need three copies of the form. I only printed two thinking one for me one for DOJ but the Livescan location keeps one also. Thankfully they made a copy for themselves.

      I mailed everything in but I would assume it would be the same online the livescan will give you the number.

      Comment

      • gt86
        Member
        • Jan 2013
        • 346

        ATF received my application on 12/17/17, just got my license today 2/26/18.

        Comment

        • 97F1504RAD
          Calguns Addict
          • Dec 2008
          • 6319

          Originally posted by gt86
          ATF received my application on 12/17/17, just got my license today 2/26/18.
          Congrats, based on that timeline I got a couple more weeks wait.

          Comment

          • userformerlyknownasfitty
            Senior Member
            • May 2016
            • 501

            Just got mine today.

            Original send in date: 11/22/17
            App sent back to me for corrections: 12/15/17
            App sent to ATF with corrections: 01/11/18
            Check cashed: Sometime in the past two weeks
            FFL received: 02/26/18

            What we have learned from my experience: If you have yours sent back for corrections, once they clear your check the licence will be sent to you in a timely manner.

            Comment

            • 97F1504RAD
              Calguns Addict
              • Dec 2008
              • 6319

              Got my FFL today

              I have a question, reading the license it appears as though I am not to sign the license but make copies of it and sign those. So if I only plan to use it for ammo can I just make a copy sign it then send that to ammo vendors?

              Comment

              • Tere_Hanges
                Calguns Addict
                • Mar 2013
                • 6270

                Originally posted by 97F1504RAD
                Got my FFL today

                I have a question, reading the license it appears as though I am not to sign the license but make copies of it and sign those. So if I only plan to use it for ammo can I just make a copy sign it then send that to ammo vendors?
                Thats what I did. Just sign a copy. Target sports usa has a system to upload it to your account fairly easily. I just took a picture with my phone and uploaded it.
                CRPA and NRA member.

                Note that those who have repeatedly expressed enough vile and incoherent content as to render your views irrelevant, have been placed on my ignore list. Thank you for helping me improve my experience and direct my attention towards those who are worthy of it. God bless your toxic little souls.

                Comment

                • 97F1504RAD
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 6319

                  Originally posted by lightcav
                  Thats what I did. Just sign a copy. Target sports usa has a system to upload it to your account fairly easily. I just took a picture with my phone and uploaded it.
                  Yea their system is easy peasy I already uploaded to them, in the process of sending to others.

                  Comment

                  • aws1963
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2013
                    • 503

                    03 Application sent: 01/12/18
                    Received: 02/27/2018

                    Comment

                    • Yauzer
                      Junior Member
                      • Aug 2017
                      • 37

                      I sent in my FFL03 application on 12/28/2017 and received the license on 3/2/2018. It took a little more than 60 days.

                      I applied for the COE online in January, 2018 and got it approved exactly 3 weeks later.

                      Comment

                      • thmpr
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2005
                        • 3785

                        Mine took less than a month. I guess it depends on prior security clearance.
                        NRA Life Member

                        Comment

                        • aws1963
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2013
                          • 503

                          Originally posted by thmpr
                          Mine took less than a month. I guess it depends on prior security clearance.
                          Good point. Former Navy Intelligence Specialist here so perhaps that helped.

                          Comment

                          • 97F1504RAD
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 6319

                            Quick question: Other than the license itself am I suppose to receive anything else from ATF. I thought I read that they send a bound book and a cd with a list of firearms that are c&r eligible.

                            Comment

                            • thmpr
                              Veteran Member
                              • Dec 2005
                              • 3785

                              Originally posted by aws1963
                              Good point. Former Navy Intelligence Specialist here so perhaps that helped.

                              Same here. Prior Miltary myself.
                              NRA Life Member

                              Comment

                              • userformerlyknownasfitty
                                Senior Member
                                • May 2016
                                • 501

                                Originally posted by 97F1504RAD
                                Quick question: Other than the license itself am I suppose to receive anything else from ATF. I thought I read that they send a bound book and a cd with a list of firearms that are c&r eligible.
                                They sent me a packet that includes the list of c&r firearms and some other stuff. No bound book though. You have to buy it for yourself. When I get home from work I'll list what they send you on here.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1