Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

FFL03 approval time frame?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • vino68
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2016
    • 1622

    Then call them. And I would make sure the image is in an acceptable format /extension.

    Comment

    • Spyder
      CGN Contributor
      • Mar 2008
      • 17273

      My 03 was several months, and my COE was several days. I was very surprised at how fast CA moved, and not at all surprised at how miserably slow the ATF moved, considering their wait time to approve NFA stuff.

      Comment

      • Spyder
        CGN Contributor
        • Mar 2008
        • 17273

        Originally posted by Mustang
        I had an 03 FFL about 5 years ago and let it expire.

        Anyone know if that will speed up, slow down, or have no effect on the process of getting a new one?
        I am no expert, but I believe it will make no difference.

        Comment

        • bigbossman
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Dec 2012
          • 11280

          My renewal took about four or five weeks. In fact, I misplaced my original not too long ago and sent an email requesting a replacement. I had my replacement in hand in less than 2 weeks
          Always looking for vintage Winchester and Marlin lever action rifles. Looking to sell? Know of one for sale? Drop me a line!

          "Give a conservative a pile of bricks and you get a beautiful city. Give a leftist a city and you get a pile of bricks."

          Comment

          • AlienHobo
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2016
            • 695

            I let my 03FFL expire, so I had to apply for a new one. I sent in the paperwork on Aug.12 and just today they cashed my check.

            Comment

            • toro1
              Senior Member
              • Jun 2013
              • 1579

              Originally posted by AlienHobo
              I let my 03FFL expire, so I had to apply for a new one. I sent in the paperwork on Aug.12 and just today they cashed my check.
              Wow. I sent in my paperwork ~10/25 and received my 03FFL today. I also paid by check but did not note when it was cashed.

              Comment

              • Enfield47
                Calguns Addict
                • Sep 2012
                • 6385

                I sent in my paperwork for a new license on 10/29 and received my license in the mail three weeks later. The time frames are all over the place.

                Comment

                • agustin
                  Member
                  • Nov 2014
                  • 131

                  The following is a timeline of my current effort in obtaining a COE and FFL03.

                  01/16/2020 filed online for COE and sent in FFL03 application.
                  01/21/2020 Received an email from DOJ requesting copy of license or passport, provided copy of my licence as I used that for my Livescan.
                  01/21/2020 ATF Cashed my check provided for payment of application fee
                  01/30/2020 Emailed DOJ to ask if anything else was needed for application as it had not changed from Processing Application status.
                  01/31/2020 Received an answer that all my info had been received and nothing else was needed.
                  02/10/2020 Received FFL03 in the mail, COE is still processing

                  Does anyone feel or believe I should reach out to DOJ or should I just continue to wait.

                  If it matters, I have no problems purchasing a firearm or ammo.

                  Comment

                  • 97F1504RAD
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 6319

                    Be patient if there is a issue you get notified. You got the FFL very fast.

                    Comment

                    • Dump1567
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2002
                      • 1621

                      Originally posted by agustin
                      The following is a timeline of my current effort in obtaining a COE and FFL03.

                      01/16/2020 filed online for COE and sent in FFL03 application.
                      01/21/2020 Received an email from DOJ requesting copy of license or passport, provided copy of my licence as I used that for my Livescan.
                      01/21/2020 ATF Cashed my check provided for payment of application fee
                      01/30/2020 Emailed DOJ to ask if anything else was needed for application as it had not changed from Processing Application status.
                      01/31/2020 Received an answer that all my info had been received and nothing else was needed.
                      02/10/2020 Received FFL03 in the mail, COE is still processing

                      Does anyone feel or believe I should reach out to DOJ or should I just continue to wait.

                      If it matters, I have no problems purchasing a firearm or ammo.
                      All you need to do is keep checking the DOJ website. I don't believe they notify you when it's approved (I could be wrong). And they let you print it out from the website.
                      Watch & Pray

                      Comment

                      • 97F1504RAD
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 6319

                        Originally posted by Dump1567
                        All you need to do is keep checking the DOJ website. I don't believe they notify you when it's approved (I could be wrong). And they let you print it out from the website.
                        I believe you are correct.

                        Comment

                        • vino68
                          Senior Member
                          • Jul 2016
                          • 1622

                          Yes, log into CFARS and check the status.

                          Comment

                          • agustin
                            Member
                            • Nov 2014
                            • 131

                            Thank you. I will continue to check the website.

                            Comment

                            • agustin
                              Member
                              • Nov 2014
                              • 131

                              Gentlemen, thank you. i checked the DOJ website today and there it was, my COE approval.

                              I have a follow up question. I use the Jr suffix in my name and all my documents reflect this. When viewing my application and profile info on the DOJ website, it shows my suffix. My COE however, was issued with just first and last name, no suffix. My FFL03 has the suffix, does anyone foresee an issue in attempting to using my newly acquired documents to use since the COE does not have the suffix in my name?

                              Comment

                              • vino68
                                Senior Member
                                • Jul 2016
                                • 1622

                                Originally posted by agustin
                                Gentlemen, thank you. i checked the DOJ website today and there it was, my COE approval.

                                I have a follow up question. I use the Jr suffix in my name and all my documents reflect this. When viewing my application and profile info on the DOJ website, it shows my suffix. My COE however, was issued with just first and last name, no suffix. My FFL03 has the suffix, does anyone foresee an issue in attempting to using my newly acquired documents to use since the COE does not have the suffix in my name?
                                It may an issue. In my experience, usually they all need to match exactly.
                                I have had a few LGS staff check to verify it all matched. Some online vendors will tell you the COE and FFL information need to match. That includes name and address.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1