Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

FFL03 approval time frame?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • NorthBay Shooter
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2015
    • 679

    Originally posted by SigSauerP226
    Got my COE notification today, woohoo!
    Congrats Sig.

    Comment

    • dakman
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Dec 2012
      • 92

      Same here, renewal just short of a month.

      Comment

      • Ignatius
        Member
        • Oct 2017
        • 163

        I'm a new applicant for the FFL03 and I sent my application on 3/13/20. I have yet to receive it so maybe 2-3 months time-frame for me most likely.

        Comment

        • jben
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Oct 2008
          • 2045

          I let my 03 lapse for a while.
          Mailed in application for a new one around 3/25/20.
          New one just arrived in the mail today. But, I noticed it is postmarked 10 days ago!

          Applied for COE at the same time as the 03. It still shows as processing.

          Comment

          • vino68
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2016
            • 1622

            COE's are taking much longer to process.

            Comment

            • SigSauerP226
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Sep 2007
              • 877

              Originally posted by vino68
              COE's are taking much longer to process.
              Yup got my FFL pretty quick, COE took awhile, which was the opposite of what I was reading.

              Comment

              • hundy
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                CGN Contributor
                • Jun 2013
                • 550

                First time for both FFL03 and COE

                Mailed in March 26
                Credit card charged April 01
                COE submitted electronically on March 26

                As of this posting still waiting, but I know it's still early yet.

                Thanks,

                Jay

                Comment

                • jben
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Oct 2008
                  • 2045

                  COE was approved today. Just over a month to get it.

                  Comment

                  • hundy
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Jun 2013
                    • 550

                    Originally posted by hundy
                    First time for both FFL03 and COE

                    Mailed in March 26
                    Credit card charged April 01
                    COE submitted electronically on March 26

                    As of this posting still waiting, but I know it's still early yet.

                    Thanks,

                    Jay
                    I have not received an email or anything in the mail; however, I logged on to the State DOJ site and today is says my COE expires in 364 days. So, it looks as if that is approved, still waiting on FFL03.

                    Comment

                    • 4G63Attack
                      Junior Member
                      • Jan 2010
                      • 46

                      For myself,

                      03FFL about 3 weeks

                      COE about little over a month.
                      ccw yellow
                      mailed ccw 5/11/21
                      delieved 5/12/21
                      Check cashed 6/4/21
                      interview called 10/18/21, interviewed 10/28/21
                      Livescan 10/28/21
                      Cleared 11/10/21
                      Training called and email 2/1/22
                      Training 2/7/22, email docs 2/8/22
                      Call 2/22/22, pick up 2/23/22

                      Comment

                      • faezeone
                        Member
                        • Apr 2020
                        • 116

                        COE - 39 days
                        Applied 3/26/2020
                        Issued 5/4/2020

                        My experience with the DOJ was pleasant. They were responsive and helpful. I actually had made a very minor error on my application (checked "ammo vendor" in error) and it only seemed to delay things around 1 day.

                        FFL 03 - TBD
                        Applied 3/27/2020
                        Issued TBD

                        I am told the ATF has 90 days from receipt of a complete application to approve or deny and that the estimated time frame is 60 to 90 days.

                        Comment

                        • DrewN
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2012
                          • 1887

                          Originally posted by hundy
                          I have not received an email or anything in the mail; however, I logged on to the State DOJ site and today is says my COE expires in 364 days. So, it looks as if that is approved, still waiting on FFL03.
                          I don't think Cal DOJ has ever notified me since they went digital. I usually just renew early then print after a couple weeks and it's updated. ATF sends 07 renewal apps like clockwork though.

                          Comment

                          • SDCarpenter
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Dec 2018
                            • 570

                            I got my ffl03 in 20 days in March this year. C.o.e. took about 6 weeks.

                            Comment

                            • Rakso
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2019
                              • 1327

                              I got all in less time time then anybody else.

                              Comment

                              • hundy
                                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                                CGN Contributor
                                • Jun 2013
                                • 550

                                Originally posted by hundy
                                First time for both FFL03 and COE

                                Mailed in March 26
                                Credit card charged April 01
                                COE submitted electronically on March 26

                                As of this posting still waiting, but I know it's still early yet.

                                Thanks,

                                Jay
                                Update:

                                FFL03
                                Mailed in March 26
                                Credit card charged April 01
                                Received via mail May 11

                                COE
                                Mailed in March 26
                                Received May 01

                                My FFL03 has the suffix of name as "Jr" the COE application online has the suffix, but the printed certificate does not. I know it may not sound like a big deal, but I have had issues purchasing firearms and ammo in the past due to that suffix. I emailed the CA DOJ and asked if they can amend the certificate. I hope its not a big deal, if you look up my COE number it has the suffix online, just not on the printed certificate.
                                Last edited by hundy; 05-12-2020, 3:06 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1