Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Sub $1k bolt 300 win mag .5-.75 consistent moa?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    ar15barrels
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2006
    • 57177

    Originally posted by NorCalFocus
    I may have to give that a try. I knew 100 wasn't going to work so I was hoping 200 yards would give me more spread.

    I went to marking the bullets with sharpie to keep track of my shots. That worked pretty well.
    If you want an accelerated course in wind at distance, your shooting partner holding a kestrel and giving you wind calls from 2/3 of the distance to your target works quite well.

    Say you are shooting a rock or a plate at 800yds and your shooting partner is standing off to the side of your trajectory at 500yds holding a wind meter up about the level of your bullet's trajectory.
    Have him give you what the wind speed was when he heard the sonic crack next to him for each shot via walkie talkie.
    Then, you can see exactly what the specific wind speed did to your bullet based on how far off your aiming point it drifted.
    Randall Rausch

    AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
    Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
    Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
    Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
    Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

    Comment

    • #77
      sigstroker
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2009
      • 19870

      Originally posted by ar15barrels
      If you want an accelerated course in wind at distance, your shooting partner holding a kestrel and giving you wind calls from 2/3 of the distance to your target works quite well.
      We tried that once, but he kept getting pissed off and pecked the hell out of us.

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1