Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ruger American 7.62x39

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    6mmintl
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2008
    • 4822

    Originally posted by lastinline
    I wonder how difficult a re-barrel job would be, and other considerations?
    I would definitly try kendog4570 for a rebarrel, he has worked on my Howa and rebarreled a mauser in 7.62x39 with a kreiger .308 1x10" twist and its a 3/8MOA gun with 135 and 155 SMK bullets

    Comment

    • #17
      WMG
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2016
      • 1159

      What is the actual street price of this rifle?
      It's missing iron sights also ..........................how about a nice low peep.
      and is the bore geared towards .308s or .311's ......... mini's used to be .308 back in the day
      Last edited by WMG; 09-02-2017, 3:51 PM.
      If you start thinking like a Free Man
      You'll begin to feel like a Free Man
      And pretty soon you'll begin acting like a Free Man

      Comment

      • #18
        splithoof
        Calguns Addict
        • May 2015
        • 6066

        Originally posted by plumbum
        I'd just wait until they release a GSR version
        Well, if Ruger wants to keep going in that direction I suppose so. But a "scout" it is not, and by definition no GSR really is either regardless of caliber.

        Comment

        • #19
          plumbum
          Calguns Addict
          • May 2010
          • 5394

          Originally posted by splithoof
          Well, if Ruger wants to keep going in that direction I suppose so. But a "scout" it is not, and by definition no GSR really is either regardless of caliber.
          I prefer the term, "practical rifle". Yeah I know, there are plenty of liberties taken with Coopers 'Scout' concept, but my situation is probably different from his; he was worried about invading Communists and roving bands of hooligans whereas I'm more prepared for zombies, aliens and rampaging pygmy hippopotamuses.
          Originally posted by ysr_racer
          Please don't bring logic and reason into an interwebs discussion

          Comment

          • #20
            solipsism
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2013
            • 1332

            Originally posted by Rigma
            My preference would be for a CZ 527 in 7.62x39 (carbine with the hooded front sight)...but new or used near me has been hard to come by. I have not seen much discussion on the Howa and have never seen or handled one in person...so I did not consider it.

            I'm going to stop by my favorite local gun shop tomorrow. If they have a Ruger American Ranch Rifle in 7.62 x 39...I would buy it on the spot and then go home and order some mini-30 mags on the internet.

            Of course if they have a new or used CZ I will look at the wood stock and make my decision.
            There's one at Triple A. I almost bought it.

            Comment

            • #21
              stascom
              Member
              • Apr 2015
              • 220

              One in 223 with AR mags would be awesome. Of course, there is the Mossberg MVP.

              Comment

              • #22
                Full Clip
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Dec 2006
                • 10266

                Damn, this looks like a certain buy...

                Comment

                • #23
                  C.Bronson
                  90+ ITRADER
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Sep 2011
                  • 3938

                  Originally posted by solipsism
                  There's one at Triple A. I almost bought it.
                  ....uhggg FML....HOW MUCH!??!
                  sigpic
                  When the going gets weird, the WEIRD, turn pro.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    orangeusa
                    • Jul 2009
                    • 9055

                    MSRP is $599, but Ruger usually sells for 3/4 of MSRP (in my experience with handguns)

                    .

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Opappy
                      Member
                      • Dec 2013
                      • 100

                      Very interested. How does it do with steel case ammo?

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Quiet
                        retired Goon
                        • Mar 2007
                        • 30242

                        Originally posted by gc94
                        I looked and only saw 5 round magazine for the x39/6.5 and 50$!

                        http://www.brownells.com/magazines/r...acturer_1=HOWA
                        I thought they said it would be using Ruger Mini-30 magazines.
                        sigpic

                        "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Quiet
                          retired Goon
                          • Mar 2007
                          • 30242

                          Originally posted by orangeusa
                          MSRP is $599, but Ruger usually sells for 3/4 of MSRP (in my experience with handguns)
                          Friend in TN says he saw it being advertised for $450 at his local TN FFL.
                          sigpic

                          "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            tommyboy619
                            Senior Member
                            • Feb 2012
                            • 891

                            Originally posted by Opappy
                            Very interested. How does it do with steel case ammo?
                            This. Looking forward to some reviews with people using steel cased ammo.
                            "Pride costs us more than hunger, thirst, and cold." - Thomas Jefferson

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              gc94
                              Member
                              • Oct 2015
                              • 228

                              What are the chances the magpul stock would fit when released?

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                solipsism
                                Senior Member
                                • Feb 2013
                                • 1332

                                Originally posted by C.Bronson
                                ....uhggg FML....HOW MUCH!??!
                                Mid 600s if I remember correctly.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1