Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ruger American 7.62x39

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • gc94
    Member
    • Oct 2015
    • 228

    Ruger American 7.62x39

    Anyone heard about these? I've been looking at purchasing a Howa mini action or CZ in x39 but this also looks interesting.
  • #2
  • #3
    Calico1404
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2016
    • 3401

    I own a Howa, great cheap caliber, and the Howa comes with a more refined stock then the American, like a hogue stock. Cant go wrong with either for a fun desert plinker.

    This is an added plus

    *
    Ruger Marksman Adjustable™ trigger offers a crisp release with a pull weight that is user adjustable between 3 and 5 pounds, allowing shooters to make that perfect shot.
    Last edited by Calico1404; 08-30-2017, 10:45 AM.

    Comment

    • #4
      FishnHunt
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2015
      • 1112

      About time.
      All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.

      Comment

      • #5
        TMB 1
        Calguns Addict
        • Dec 2012
        • 7153

        That's going to be a hit, probably be sold out for awhile.

        Maybe they'll make the 223 that uses Mini-14 mags too.
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #6
          gc94
          Member
          • Oct 2015
          • 228

          I'm still leaning towards the howa, I have a 308 howa and love it. Do you have the standard barrel?

          Comment

          • #7
            Fishslayer
            In Memoriam
            • Jan 2010
            • 13035

            10 round Mini-30 mags... only $40 a pop!
            "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
            You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
            You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


            Originally Posted by JackRydden224
            I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
            Originally posted by redcliff
            A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

            Comment

            • #8
              Calico1404
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2016
              • 3401

              Originally posted by gc94
              I'm still leaning towards the howa, I have a 308 howa and love it. Do you have the standard barrel?
              Yes standard, I would have loved the threaded.

              Comment

              • #9
                Xanthippus
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                • Nov 2014
                • 555

                Nice. I've been on the fence about a x39 bolt gun. My favorite is the CZ x39 offering, but they don't offer 10 round magazines or support a Scout rifle setup. Then there's Howa, but their magazine issue is strange. I've never gotten a straight answer on whether or not they have 10 round x39 mags.

                So... I'll keep on the lookout for these.
                "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:6-7

                "Liberty, as well as honor, man ought to preserve at the hazard of his life, for without it life is insupportable." - Miguel de Cervantes

                Let your desires and emotions be ruled by reason.

                Comment

                • #10
                • #11
                  CZ9
                  Member
                  • Feb 2010
                  • 441

                  Oh wow i will be buying this.

                  Comment

                  • #12
                    Rigma
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 988

                    My preference would be for a CZ 527 in 7.62x39 (carbine with the hooded front sight)...but new or used near me has been hard to come by. I have not seen much discussion on the Howa and have never seen or handled one in person...so I did not consider it.

                    I'm going to stop by my favorite local gun shop tomorrow. If they have a Ruger American Ranch Rifle in 7.62 x 39...I would buy it on the spot and then go home and order some mini-30 mags on the internet.

                    Of course if they have a new or used CZ I will look at the wood stock and make my decision.
                    I don't know how political I am, I don't get into all that crap....I just love freedom...
                    -Kaziah Hancock

                    Comment

                    • #13
                      plumbum
                      Calguns Addict
                      • May 2010
                      • 5394

                      Originally posted by CZ9
                      Oh wow i will be buying this.
                      +100!

                      Holy cow, this is exactly what I have been asking for!

                      Now if I can get one in .45 ACP....
                      Originally posted by ysr_racer
                      Please don't bring logic and reason into an interwebs discussion

                      Comment

                      • #14
                        lastinline
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2014
                        • 2364

                        Originally posted by plumbum
                        +100!

                        Holy cow, this is exactly what I have been asking for!

                        Now if I can get one in .45 ACP....
                        I wonder how difficult a re-barrel job would be, and other considerations?

                        Comment

                        • #15
                          plumbum
                          Calguns Addict
                          • May 2010
                          • 5394

                          Originally posted by lastinline
                          I wonder how difficult a re-barrel job would be, and other considerations?
                          I'd just wait until they release a GSR version
                          Originally posted by ysr_racer
                          Please don't bring logic and reason into an interwebs discussion

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1