Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What .45 should I get?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    Malmon
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 1178

    How about this one :

    Comment

    • #47
      claimjumper86
      Junior Member
      • Apr 2013
      • 75

      I've only owned SIG P220, 1911's, Glock 30sf in .45 ACP. I know you wanted double stack but I'll have to tell ya no pistol ever felt better in my hand than my P220 & its accuracy was excellent right out of the box. My G30sf is a good .45 too. Mas Ayoob says it might be his fave Glock. Now, that being said, I have heavy hands with SHORT fingers. No matter how I try, the G30 ergo's just don't feel great FOR ME, even with the short frame. Larger hands like you say I think would love the G30. Good luck on you search.

      Comment

      • #48
        GM4spd
        Calguns Addict
        • May 2008
        • 5682

        There is only one 45 and this one is mine! Pete


        Last edited by GM4spd; 01-19-2015, 1:06 PM.

        Comment

        • #49
          Mopar Guy
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2014
          • 615

          For a small subcompact, Glock 30S works well and is reasonably priced. It's recoil is similar my G26 in 9mm. Very controllable. Holds ten rounds and a double stack. Good for CCW.

          Comment

          • #50
            SmellOfCordite
            Senior Member
            • May 2010
            • 532

            Glock 21 or sig 220
            Автомат Калашникова

            Comment

            • #51
              tbc
              Calguns Addict
              • Jun 2011
              • 5955

              Another vote for the HK USP 45. If your hand is relatively small, try the HK USP 45 compact.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment

              • #52
                BigPimping
                CGN Contributor
                • Feb 2010
                • 21487

                Glock 21 or if you have a bit of extra jack, HK USP. Both are unbeatable.....
                sigpic

                PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

                When pimping begins, friendship ends.

                Don't let your history be a mystery

                Comment

                • #53
                  Epaphroditus
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 2013
                  • 4888

                  Concerned about price in a personal defense weapon means you really don't care about your life that much.
                  CA firearms laws timeline BLM land maps

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    Motosurgeon
                    Member
                    • Jan 2012
                    • 425

                    Glock 21 is a sweet shooter and it never gave me any problems. I did however have issues with a different Glock and gave up on them all. How about a sw mp 45 sig or cz.

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      Jimvh2
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Jan 2013
                      • 681

                      Originally posted by customiiguy
                      Cz 97
                      +1

                      "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"

                      NRA life member since 1997
                      CRPA member

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        MCM
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2008
                        • 553

                        Unless you get a rare lemon, its hard to beat Glock, Sig or H&K.
                        Double stack (that your looking for) Narrows it down a bit.
                        If I was not concerned with lugging it around, I would look hard at the Sig Sauer P227.
                        But as size & weight is an issue with me G30S beats 'em all.
                        Last edited by MCM; 01-04-2015, 10:46 AM.

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          MrElectric03
                          Senior Member
                          • Jul 2010
                          • 1590

                          Sig p220, hk 45, or Xd 45 would be my advice.
                          Originally posted by ar15barrels
                          So you are throwing out 95% of reality to select the 5% of reality where you are actually right?
                          We must be on calguns...

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            mwunsch
                            Senior Member
                            • Jun 2009
                            • 698

                            Thanx guys, and yes, I've been on a ton of sites looking at the recommendations. I appreciate it, the sigs look cool, the xd, the glock 30, hk as well. Whichever one I choose will look great in my bedside biometric safe. The full size double stacks look great. Again, thanks fellow calgun brothers.

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              Knomad
                              Member
                              • Feb 2012
                              • 288

                              For absolute out of the box reliability, I like HK. My USPc 45 is stock except for night sights and has run flawlessly, and it's still on roster. The only real downside is the need for an adapter to run a light, which I don't do so for me it's a non-issue.

                              I've also decided to keep a M&P 45 (at least for now) after some back and forth, but it's needed some work... bad mag springs being the biggest issue, replaced no questions asked by S&W customer service. The trigger is next, Apex parts soon to be ordered, and I'm just beginning to think about which sights to order. The factory trigger would be adequate for a home defense gun, but I've decided to turn this one into a range gun instead. And therein lies the dilemma; the M&P can be turned into a good gun, but for most purposes it takes some additional $ and effort after the original purchase. And now that it's off roster, not as easy an option for many people.

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                crufflers
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Jul 2011
                                • 12723

                                Originally posted by MCM
                                I went with the G30S as we can only have 10 these days.
                                If OP wants this, he can still get a 3rd gen 29SF and add the 30S slide/barrel. Good set. I love the G41 with gen4 G20 slide barrel combo too.

                                I have a 1911 .45 with mostly 8 round mags, and a couple ten rounders. I don't like the way they look in that gun, but if they work then great. Mine are Mecgars without the plastic floor plate.
                                Last edited by crufflers; 01-04-2015, 12:24 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1