Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

cz 75 shadow with different serial #'s

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    350Bull
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2014
    • 82

    Sounds like they pulled slide and barrels on a couple SSE at same time and blindly grabbed the wrong one and placed on wrong gun. Didn't verify when 1st customer picked theirs up and now 2 people have messed up guns. That place should do whatever it takes to do the right thing. Ask them to get u the right gun with matching #. They should buy and DROS one and PPT trade out or something.

    Comment

    • #32
      keshishian101
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2012
      • 569

      Just got off the phone with Rob at cz custom. He is offering me two options. First send them the slide and they will machine off the serial # and re polycoat the slide, or they will exchange the gun, but I will be on the hook for fees for the exchange since the gun has already been dros'd(I was really hoping for option 3 being an accu-shadow slide) Not sure which way I want to go on this. I'm leaning towards exchanging the gun and pay the fees. Sucks having to spend extra money for something that should have been right the first time. One thing I way say about cz custom is they are at least willing to fix the problem for me. As for oak hill gun, well I really have nothing positive to say for how they handled the situation.
      Last edited by keshishian101; 09-29-2014, 1:23 PM.

      Comment

      • #33
        davidwow
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2013
        • 798

        Ask CZ if they can give you a discount on the accu shadow mod, also check the slide to frame fit for wiggles, if no wiggles and barrel locks up good, you might be fine. Especially if they still plan to accu shadow at a discount. Good luck I would be upset too, but even some stock sp01 have wiggle and its luck of the draw.

        Comment

        • #34
          Omnomagon
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2014
          • 689

          Option 3: Upgrade to the Shadow ACCU Lite upper. I think that's what davidwow was referring to.

          Comment

          • #35
            davidwow
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2013
            • 798

            Originally posted by Omnomagon
            Option 3: Upgrade to the Shadow ACCU Lite upper. I think that's what davidwow was referring to.
            Yeah, that works too, but I was thinking of them just modding his existing slide. That seems more likely to happen with a discount since they don't want to accept a wrong slide back anyways probably.

            Comment

            • #36
              ke6guj
              Moderator
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Nov 2003
              • 23725

              Originally posted by 350Bull
              Sounds like they pulled slide and barrels on a couple SSE at same time and blindly grabbed the wrong one and placed on wrong gun. Didn't verify when 1st customer picked theirs up and now 2 people have messed up guns. That place should do whatever it takes to do the right thing. Ask them to get u the right gun with matching #. They should buy and DROS one and PPT trade out or something.

              yup. If you have a gun with 12345 on the frame but 23456 is on the slide, and CZ shows that they sold the dealer both 12345 and 23456, it should be pretty easy to realize that the slides probably got swapped at the dealer somehow.


              OP, has the dealer looked to see if he still has 23456 in inventory? if not, did he try calling the purchaser of 23456 to see if he has the right slide on his gun? If the other guy has 12345 on his slide, then just arrainge to get both slides into the store and swap them to the proper person.
              Jack



              Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

              No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

              Comment

              • #37
                keshishian101
                Senior Member
                • Jul 2012
                • 569

                Originally posted by ke6guj
                yup. If you have a gun with 12345 on the frame but 23456 is on the slide, and CZ shows that they sold the dealer both 12345 and 23456, it should be pretty easy to realize that the slides probably got swapped at the dealer somehow.


                OP, has the dealer looked to see if he still has 23456 in inventory? if not, did he try calling the purchaser of 23456 to see if he has the right slide on his gun? If the other guy has 12345 on his slide, then just arrainge to get both slides into the store and swap them to the proper person.

                Both serial number guns where sold to cz custom, then sold to oak hill guns. Who mixed them up? Your guess is as good as mine. Niether company has said anything about being able to find the correct slide for my gun.

                As for the accu-lite modification, they would probably do it, but then the gun is no longer useable in a production class. Not that I currently shoot competition, but if I did down the road why limit what classes I can shoot in? Im sure both the shadow and accu lite are more accurate than me.
                Last edited by keshishian101; 09-29-2014, 5:27 PM.

                Comment

                • #38
                  Tok36
                  Veteran Member
                  • May 2013
                  • 3061

                  Regardless of were the slide swap took place.

                  I do not understand why Oakhill cannot find out where the other 75 Shadow went. Maybe i am missing something but they must keep records on this stuff.
                  Vive La Exile Machine!!
                  Link--> CZ 75B -vs- CZ 75 SP-01 Comparison
                  Link--> CGW Type 3 Disco fitting fun
                  Link--> What is a CZ Tactical sport?
                  Will work for CZ Pics!

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Omnomagon
                    Senior Member
                    • Jun 2014
                    • 689

                    The serial number on the frame is the one that counts, right? If the barrel and slide serial numbers match, theoretically, all Oak Hill needs to do is find out where they sent the frame. I guess it comes down to how much they really want to contact the owner of the frame to correct the issue.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      G_FNH57
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2013
                      • 535

                      Other slide

                      Originally posted by Tok36
                      Regardless of were the slide swap took place.

                      I do not understand why Oakhill cannot find out where the other 75 Shadow went. Maybe i am missing something but they must keep records on this stuff.
                      Maybe I got it.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        keshishian101
                        Senior Member
                        • Jul 2012
                        • 569

                        The only thing I can come up with is maybe they sold the other gun say 6 months ago? And, or there could be some liability in swaping used parts? I dont know know. None of it is relevant to me at this point. Oak hill guns has no interest in trying to right the wrong here. Cz custom on the other hand is willing to do whatever (within reason) to slove the issue. My ffl is probably the best dealer in my area, and I have no doubt they will do everything in there power to do the same.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          G_FNH57
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2013
                          • 535

                          I was not impressed with Oak Hill. Charged me an extra $120 for nothing.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            Tok36
                            Veteran Member
                            • May 2013
                            • 3061

                            Originally posted by keshishian101
                            The only thing I can come up with is maybe they sold the other gun say 6 months ago? And, or there could be some liability in swaping used parts? I dont know know. None of it is relevant to me at this point. Oak hill guns has no interest in trying to right the wrong here. Cz custom on the other hand is willing to do whatever (within reason) to slove the issue. My ffl is probably the best dealer in my area, and I have no doubt they will do everything in there power to do the same.

                            It might be time to shoot the crap out of that Shadow. All of the craps, dont miss any.
                            Vive La Exile Machine!!
                            Link--> CZ 75B -vs- CZ 75 SP-01 Comparison
                            Link--> CGW Type 3 Disco fitting fun
                            Link--> What is a CZ Tactical sport?
                            Will work for CZ Pics!

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              keshishian101
                              Senior Member
                              • Jul 2012
                              • 569

                              Update, the gun had been dropped off to be shipped to cz custom. Cz custom covered the shipping, and my dealer is waiving all fees, except dros for me. So at this point I'm happy with how this is playing out. Thanks for everyone's input on the matter

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                osis32
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Jul 2009
                                • 5912

                                Glad to hear it worked out to your satisfaction. It definitely could have gone a lot worse. So will your serials end up matching?
                                Just a libertarian guy in a Leftist Authoritarian state.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1