Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

My next purchase shall be...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    451040
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 2169

    Listen to the wisdom of Uncle Crazy:


    Comment

    • #17
      SoCalEnthusiast
      Senior Member
      • May 2013
      • 1734

      Originally posted by Squidward
      Although I'm a shotgun fan, you cannot go wrong with a .357 magnum. It is versatile; shoots .38 spl., .38+P and .357 magnums. It comes in 6,7 or 8 shot capacity levels, many barrels sizes, finishes and some models have a pic rail attached.

      Haters can chime in but a .357 revolver will serve as a hunting, plinking, SD and HD weapon more easily than many semi-autos.

      And, if you reload you're not picking cases up off of the ground. Yep, that matters to us old folk!

      Finally, don't discount the Rugers (GP100 and SP101) as their quality, fit and finish rival that of S&W for less money.
      Thanks for the heads up bro, I'm seriously considering the .357.

      Comment

      • #18
        Sharp Shooter
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2013
        • 1128

        Originally posted by SoCalEnthusiast
        Why are you always trying to get underneath my skin? I'm asking a simple question and your talking trash, not cool.

        Getting back to the program : That LC9 looks pretty amazing. I already have a 9mm, I'd like to broaden my horizons if you will. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of S&W, the shield looks something in my price range.
        I'm not talking trash. You need to grow a sense of humor, among other things.

        Comment

        • #19
          Sunday
          Calguns Addict
          • Jan 2010
          • 5574

          Does that purchase include a donation to a pro gun organization???
          California's politicians and unionized government employees are a crime gang that makes the Mexican drug cartels look like a Girl Scout Troop in comparison.

          Comment

          • #20
            SoCalEnthusiast
            Senior Member
            • May 2013
            • 1734

            Originally posted by Sharp Shooter
            I'm not talking trash. You need to grow a sense of humor, among other things.
            Sure bro, cool story.

            Comment

            • #21
              Bill Steele
              Calguns Addict
              • Sep 2010
              • 5028

              Originally posted by Oceanbob
              SSE a new handgun every month until the end of the year.

              You will be glad you did.....

              Great advice.

              Stock market is looking kind of toppy these days, invest in some non-roster guns that are always in high demand and if equities tank, you will still have some assets of value...
              When asked what qualities he most valued in his generals, Napoleon said, "give me lucky ones."

              Comment

              • #22
                36Ford
                Member
                • Feb 2011
                • 261

                Get the Glock 42 it's a great gun and good small carry guns will be by far the hardest guns to get after 1-1-15 if SSE go's away.
                "Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others? Or have we found angels in the form of kings to govern him?"
                Thomas Jefferson


                NRA Life Member
                CRPA Life Member

                Comment

                • #23
                  nikki#2
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 2164

                  Hmmmmm.... (2) semi-auto handguns and (1) .22LR rifle.

                  a) You're in the handgun forum, so obviously it should be a handgun.
                  b) Every self-respecting handgun enthusiast must have at least one revolver.
                  c) Every self-respecting handgun enthusiast must have a .22LR handgun, in addition to a .22LR rifle.

                  You prefer S&W revos, so my suggestion would be a S&W 686 .357 plus a matching S&W 617 .22LR to round out your collection.
                  Then you will have (2) semi-autos, (2) revo's, and (2) .22LRs, rifle and handgun.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    mabilis_matulis
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Oct 2012
                    • 5121

                    Go beretta.. And shotgun..
                    sigpic
                    "its hard to face the problem if the problem is your face"

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      briguy64
                      Member
                      • Mar 2012
                      • 266

                      I feel like everyone should have at least one boom stick in their collection, I vote for the shotty

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        SoCalEnthusiast
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2013
                        • 1734

                        No one should buy a .22 in a hand gun selection. The only minus about the shotty is the ammo that I have to purchase at inflated prices at the ranges. We'll see, only time will tell. 1-.357, 2-pocket pistol, 3-.357

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          dyson
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 2013
                          • 4342

                          22 pistols are fun, not sure why you would say no one should own one.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            anthem
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2012
                            • 766

                            Originally posted by SoCalEnthusiast
                            Thanks for the heads up bro, I'm seriously considering the .357.
                            Plus you can double up and pick up a .38/.357 lever gun at some point. They are fun.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              anthem
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2012
                              • 766

                              Originally posted by dyson
                              22 pistols are fun, not sure why you would say no one should own one.
                              I don't understand that either. .22 are staples on teaching new shooters and in learning.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                tbc
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Jun 2011
                                • 5955

                                My next purchase shall be...

                                Originally posted by dyson
                                22 pistols are fun, not sure why you would say no one should own one.


                                Originally posted by anthem
                                I don't understand that either. .22 are staples on teaching new shooters and in learning.

                                Because .22 pistols are not man cannon

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1