Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

XDS 9mm vs Shield 9mm?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    KrisDSA
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2014
    • 2850

    Xds comes with 3 mags and is a better shooter in 3.3 n 4.0. For me anyways.

    No safely to worry about and the LCI is black and don't notice it
    WildLeaks.org -
    Former Professional Strangler and Shooting Champ

    Comment

    • #17
      fmunk
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2011
      • 3896

      Originally posted by KrisDSA
      Xds comes with 3 mags and is a better shooter in 3.3 n 4.0. For me anyways.

      No safely to worry about and the LCI is black and don't notice it
      LCI is a non-issue. Paint on the CA Shield can be easily removed. And no LCI at all on the SSE version.


      FS: Atlas Bipod, Custom G23 RMR slide, ETS mags, Jagerwerks, Recover G26/27, CZ Scorpion bits, etc.

      Comment

      • #18
        jsipe007
        Member
        • Mar 2012
        • 447

        I chose the XD-S. I had a shield and m&p compact i prefer the xd-s over both.

        I was accurate with both my m&p handguns but with my xd-s, I can put 10 rounds in a 2 inch group easily at 15 yards. I could never hit such good groups with my M&Ps.

        Comment

        • #19
          Click Boom
          Calguns Addict
          • Nov 2013
          • 6955

          Whichever feels better
          Last edited by Click Boom; 07-22-2014, 1:27 PM.

          Comment

          • #20
            skosh69
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2011
            • 4290

            I'm pro M&P...have 3, 'nuf said!

            Comment

            • #21
              Sunday
              Calguns Addict
              • Jan 2010
              • 5574

              I shot an XDS in 45 acp and a S@W Shield in 40 S@W and the Shield was easier to shoot and was more accurate. The
              Shield would without reservation be my choice . I have 3 XD 1 tactical and two sub compacts.
              California's politicians and unionized government employees are a crime gang that makes the Mexican drug cartels look like a Girl Scout Troop in comparison.

              Comment

              • #22
                fmunk
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2011
                • 3896

                Originally posted by Click Boom
                Sig 2022 or glock in that price range.
                Not even in the same category of pistols. Did you even read?


                FS: Atlas Bipod, Custom G23 RMR slide, ETS mags, Jagerwerks, Recover G26/27, CZ Scorpion bits, etc.

                Comment

                • #23
                  -R-
                  Member
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 356

                  Originally posted by islabaseball
                  Trigger is not bad on the shield
                  Agreed, once you put 200ish rounds through it, it smooths out and is very shootable.
                  _____,---|'o'.......................I_
                  l l'---"'CALGUNS:==;;;;;;;;;;;;I==+=
                  l_/```/_/-'`|__|''''''''''

                  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    darkjedi351
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2007
                    • 940

                    get whatever you feel fits your hands and that you can be proficient with

                    screw looks!
                    http://m14hdw.proboards.com/index.cgi

                    http://www.sageebr.com/

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      surefire232
                      Banned
                      CGN Contributor
                      • May 2014
                      • 166

                      I first moved on a XDs9, but then fondled a MP Shield9 and that was it. Traded my purchase in for the new Shield. Get the Shield, IMHO.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Mithrandir13
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2012
                        • 899

                        I just bought a 9mm Shield yesterday for these reasons...
                        1: Made in the USA
                        2: I have had awesome customer/warrentee service from S&W
                        3: Fits my hand very well
                        4: Conceals easy
                        5: Trigger.... I specifically looked at how the trigger resets, tactically feeds back to your finger the reset, and NO Slop or Hysteresis once reset.
                        Other triggers I have looked at have .050" to 1/8 inch of "Take-up" after the reset.

                        in this video... the first 55 seconds.. you can clearly hear the reset "Click"


                        .
                        .
                        Last edited by Mithrandir13; 07-12-2014, 11:49 AM.
                        The founding fathers did a wonderful thing when they included the second amendment to the constitution...

                        Yes... and this! http://www.constitution.org/2ll/2ndschol/87senrpt.pdf

                        Good Guys with Guns HERE

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          surefire232
                          Banned
                          CGN Contributor
                          • May 2014
                          • 166

                          I love that chick. ^^^

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            xrik
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Nov 2013
                            • 281

                            Shield 9mm is my favorite!

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              gun toting monkeyboy
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Aug 2008
                              • 6820

                              Originally posted by neomedic
                              I think both are excellent and very similar in size and capacity that it's a wash for comparison. You won't go wrong with either.

                              I would go to LGS and hold and grip the two. Which ever feels a little bit better is your winner.
                              ^This^
                              (/thread)
                              Originally posted by aplinker
                              It's OK not to post when you have no clue what you're talking about.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                nikki#2
                                Senior Member
                                • Feb 2009
                                • 2164

                                Originally posted by Antero

                                I considered both but the Shield just felt so great in my hand that the decision was made. Although looks shouldn't matter,
                                I also find the Shield and the whole M&P line to be really sharp looking. If I could get a 9c I would.
                                Originally posted by skosh69

                                I'm pro M&P...have 3, 'nuf said!
                                Can't argue with Antero and Skosh69!

                                Last edited by nikki#2; 07-22-2014, 12:28 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1