Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Double wield handgun action? Effective?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    bug_eyedmonster
    • Oct 2007
    • 3639

    I tried this once with two S&W model 29 with six inch barrels. It was funny, yes, but a waste of ammo and as far from accurate as can be.


    Jerry
    The inconvenience of poor quality lingers long after the thrill of a good bargain.

    Comment

    • #62
      Kurgan
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2012
      • 4837

      You guys just don't use the right equipment. Me, twin Raven 25 Autos in cross draw holsters. No recoil.

      LOL.
      My mother always told me to be careful what you ask for.

      Just one more piece of parental advice I stupidly ignored.

      <shrug>

      Comment

      • #63
        penguinofsleep
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2012
        • 2070

        Originally posted by PowMeow
        This is how I see it from a musicians standpoint.

        When you are learning to play, can you play the piano with one hand easier than with two? Absolutely.
        What makes the difference between that first year of playing where you become proficient with two hands and a concert pianist? 20,000 + hours of practice with two hands.

        Is it easier to shoot with 1 hand than two? Absolutely
        After 200'000 rounds of ammo with two hands could you become very good, Accurate and efficient? Absolutely.
        this.

        also yes, it is probably very impractical for any general situation outside of a movie or video game, but man is it fun

        Comment

        • #64
          GW
          I need a LIFE!!
          • May 2004
          • 16078

          I find that I can effectively waste twice as much ammunition while hitting my target with fewer bullets when I try two-pistol shootin'.
          sigpicNRA Benefactor Member

          Comment

          • #65
            whipkiller
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2009
            • 3461

            I do it now and then when BLM shooting, but only because it's fun, not because of any delusions that it might actually be an effective tactic.

            You should definitely try it. (far, far away from anyone you care about, & more importantly, at a minimum distance of 100 miles from me)

            You should DEFINITELY have someone get video and post it up. (Or give them instructions to post it should something unfortunate occur)

            You should also make sure whoever's shooting the video has good cell reception, and maybe have them pre-dial 9-1- (Y'know, just in case)

            Glad to see you haven't lost your inquiring mind and the knack for posting perfectly valid and ummm... thought provoking questions.
            Too many hobbies, Too little time.

            Mind you, I'm 5'7", 180, with a visible Ab...

            Comment

            • #66
              Euphoria526
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 2012
              • 3812

              Originally posted by whipkiller
              I do it now and then when BLM shooting, but only because it's fun, not because of any delusions that it might actually be an effective tactic.

              You should definitely try it. (far, far away from anyone you care about, & more importantly, at a minimum distance of 100 miles from me)

              You should DEFINITELY have someone get video and post it up. (Or give them instructions to post it should something unfortunate occur)

              You should also make sure whoever's shooting the video has good cell reception, and maybe have them pre-dial 9-1- (Y'know, just in case)

              Glad to see you haven't lost your inquiring mind and the knack for posting perfectly valid and ummm... thought provoking questions.


              C'mon man seriously, theses days you can have 911 on your phone and your finger on the send button
              Yeah it really does not seem like an effective way to shoot at all unles you practice it for years with a round count too high to fathom.
              Originally posted by Jimi Jah
              I punch paper only because it is illegal to punch people.
              Originally posted by elpaisa1
              I think flatulence is a more serious crime. I think it should be a misdemeanor with a 1000 dollar fine or 6 months of jail. It should be a felony if done near an open flame.

              Originally posted by Euphoria526
              I'm so awesome, I think I'll quote myself

              Comment

              • #67
                madoka
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2012
                • 2039

                I know it was another stupid question from SCE, but I was thinking. . .

                Has anyone tried duel wielding handguns with lasers?

                Comment

                • #68
                  dre147
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 628

                  Originally posted by pitbull30
                  Prerequisite to dual wield.

                  LOL

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    bizarrocolin
                    Member
                    • Oct 2010
                    • 233

                    I dual wield light sabers in my SW video games. It's very effective...

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      CK_32
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Sep 2010
                      • 14369

                      Me and my cousin tried it last weekend at a match as one if the stages,



                      It's not easy... I think I scored 17 target hits of 20, my cousin scored a total of 6 hits of 20 lol
                      Last edited by CK_32; 07-18-2014, 12:58 PM.
                      For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

                      What's Your Caliber??


                      My Youtube channel

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        afteractionreport
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jun 2013
                        • 2867

                        I asked my gf if she thouhgth it would b cool.?..she said dnt do it when im around bcause i will walk away from ur dumbass
                        Kyle "Kenosha Kid" Rittenhouse did nothing wrong

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          CK_32
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Sep 2010
                          • 14369

                          Anyone else look at every movie picture posted in here, and realize everyone of them has that "look" going on lol
                          For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

                          What's Your Caliber??


                          My Youtube channel

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            Malaprop14
                            Member
                            • Jun 2014
                            • 488

                            Originally posted by Soginator
                            Doesn't getting a CCW permit force you to learn how to shoot with both hands? Or did someone give me bad info?
                            What does CCW have to do with it? You pretty much ALWAYS want to practice single hand, weak hand, racking with one hand, etc... because you never know what can happen. That's not with a dual wield "I'm a rockstar rage fest" in mind though. I don't practice sideways "thug shot" either.

                            I can't shoot my 1911 well with my weak hand, it torques too much for a good follow up, but that's with 6" targets. With a silhouette, I can still put it on a body, just not accurately and repeatably.

                            To the original question, I don't see the point.
                            Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, but do it first.

                            Comment

                            • #74
                              ElDub1950
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Aug 2012
                              • 5688

                              Originally posted by Soginator
                              Doesn't getting a CCW permit force you to learn how to shoot with both hands? Or did someone give me bad info?
                              Depends on your instructor and his course play. If I remember right my last renewal required firing 3 shots off handed at 5 yards .. or 5 rounds at 3 yards .. something simple like that. But shooting weak handed is something everyone should do once in awhile at the range. I do it a little at many range trips and still really suck at it at more than 5 yards .. but I still try.

                              Comment

                              • #75
                                montana
                                Member
                                • Mar 2013
                                • 132

                                Ive done it with a couple 38 revolvers, it goes without saying it is pretty much worthless to do...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1