I have a dilemma on my hands and a chunk of cash burning a hole in my pocket. I have a Kimber Tactical Pro II that I bought for carry and I am really happy with it. I was going to buy a G19 this week but after I thought about the added expense of a few mags and a new holster if I wanted to carry it, I could just throw all my money down on a second 1911. I already have 8 mags and a holster if I decided to carry this one. This new purchase would be primarily a SHTF / HD gun. I was thinking 5" all steel. Another factor I'm thinking about also is do I want to have a new platform to learn. I'm unsure about carrying one and using another for those bump in the night situations. Opinions?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Glock 19 or a second 1911
Collapse
X
-
Glock 19 or a second 1911
Tags: None -
G19 Is My EDC. greatGunVeteran Owned and Operated Coffee Roaster in Nor Cal
http://www.roadroastercoffee.com
One time, 20% Off Entire Order Coupon- use code calguns
sigpicComment
-
1911 in 9mm!Stay Low, Go Fast, Take ChancesComment
-
Know you said G19... But IF you're going to take on a new platform, consider one of the M&P models as well. You may find it to be more of a natural pointer,
as it has the same grip angle as your 1911 (the G19 does not). At least hold one, side-by-side. My M&P's grip fits my hand better and feels better than my Glocks.
Last edited by nikki#2; 03-05-2014, 10:45 AM.Comment
-
Glock is much simpler to operate, so the mechanical learning curve should be almost zero. Ergonomics may be a different story. Make sure you can shoot one accurately though. 1911 triggers tend to make people better shooters than they actually are.
NRA Benefactor MemberComment
-
Would be cool if S&W came out with a mid-size G19 equivalent.Know you said G19... But if you're going to take on a new platform, consider one of the M&P models as well. You may find it to be more of a natural pointer,
as it has the same grip angle as your 1911 (the G19 does not). At least hold one, side-by-side. My M&P's grip fits my hand better and feels better than my Glocks.R.I.P. Thomas C.Originally posted by d4v0sMy girlfriend and i used froglube last night in a pinch and it works great.Comment
-
I don't understand why anyone would have more than 2 1911s. One should be a starter, the second should be an awesome custom (IMHO). If you want a third ... you might as well spend that money on slicking up one of the other two.
Get the G19.==================
sigpic
Remember to dial 1 before 911.
Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.
There. Are. Four. Lights!Comment
-
Whichever fits comfortable in your hands and also whichever you can manipulate with ease. Don't be like my Dad and buy a 9MM 1911 and then not be able to manipulate it, all he wanted was a beaver tail so his fat hand would not get slide bite. I have spent countless hours trying to teach him how to operate the damn thing, I don't get what it is going through some people heads when it comes to choosing a pistol.ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕComment
-
I know you think that you can save money on mags if you get another 1911, but ... 1911s are quite picky with mags. If you buy a new 1911, it might not like the mags you have for your first 1911.
Again, I'd suggest the G19, especially as a carry gun.==================
sigpic
Remember to dial 1 before 911.
Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.
There. Are. Four. Lights!Comment
-
Speaking the truth...at least in my case.Know you said G19... But IF you're going to take on a new platform, consider one of the M&P models as well. You may find it to be more of a natural pointer,
as it has the same grip angle as your 1911 (the G19 does not). At least hold one, side-by-side. My M&P's grip fits my hand better and feels better than my Glocks.

+1 for the M&P and 1911!
Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,613
Posts: 25,149,715
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,889
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 24602 users online. 145 members and 24457 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment